COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Combat?

I know that we know nothing about the combat system, yet. I was just wondering what kind of combat system the community is looking forward to and expecting. For me I'm hoping it will be similar to dark souls and or bloodborne, maybe not the same exact system, but something similar would make me extremely happy as I absolutely love that combat system. As long as it's fluid and makes it feel like I'm responsive I will be okay with it.

2/23/2016 5:52:56 PM #1

thats not true go watch the livestream Q&As we also know combat wont be tab target and there wont be any hotbar abilities

2/23/2016 6:04:26 PM #2

Which one are you referring to? There are a lot of Q/A. Also I don't mind not having a tab target system, I just really want the combat to be fluid. That for me would feel like real combat.

2/23/2016 6:08:49 PM #3

the one from yesterday talks about combat

2/23/2016 6:52:01 PM #4

The only thing he really talked about was the fact that left click was primary and right click was secondary. That doesn't explain how you move and what the combat will actually feel like. I know that the combat journal and the actual offline beta is still a few months out. All I was asking is what we as a community want out of the combat, because I feel that since we have such a unique system that the combat has to also be very unique to match that system.

2/23/2016 7:42:15 PM #5

Would hope its something similar to what Elder Scrolls (Skyrim) offers.

test

2/23/2016 7:46:02 PM #6

There's probably more information on it that's going to be released soon.

Probably.

2/24/2016 10:23:38 PM #7

Hopefully.

4/21/2016 4:45:34 PM #8

It is true still is not much information, but I guess is too early for that. Right now the best combat system I have tried is the one in Black Desert Online, I loved the idea of the soft cooldowns a lot, also the way you make the combos like in a combat game feels so natural after you get used to it way much than any other game, it was still kind of easy to kill mobs but wasn't just for the combat system (aim assist was a love hate for me).. I loved too the combat in Gothic 4 aka Arcania when in the hardest mode felt so challenging, the idea to add the trembling of the hand while aiming with the bow instead of just a RNG miss was soo good, dunno if have been made in any other games! The perfect combat for me would be an equal mix between Mirror's Edge mobility/world-interaction, Gothic 4 bow/dodges felt so good at that time and BDO overall combat system!

4/30/2017 6:59:06 AM #9

Caspian seems to have a relatively open engine that allows for a lot of different possibilities for implementing a combat system. Personally I would like to see a directional combat system implemented. It would add realism plus allow for a lot of fight style diversity as swing directions and combos would be based on player creativity. It would also put in place a combat system in which players would actually benefit from practicing on dummies as directional controls involve a lot of reflex. I'd love to talk more about this but I'm trying not to ramble on.

My referral code is 1AF8FD

4/30/2017 7:44:29 AM #10

They should not make the combat to difficult to understand and perform. However to perfect the combat system should be a challange. So that only a couple people can become the highest skilled warrior but everyone could become a soldier if they wanted. If you creat it to difficult people wont play the game, if its too easy there will be no difference between a soldier and a legend. One thing i dont want is spells or actionbars BS or any kind of cooldown. Just with your mouse should do it al and maybe a the possiblity to create a combo with 2 or 3 keyboard buttons but thats it nothing more.

4/30/2017 9:10:24 AM #11

I'm more interested in what will happen when you level up in combat skills. Do you get additional combo options? Unlock a wider variety of weapons to wield? I'm not sure, I haven't read any info on that but I'm curious.

4/30/2017 10:14:45 AM #12

Posted By Whayel at 11:10 AM - Sun Apr 30 2017

I'm more interested in what will happen when you level up in combat skills. Do you get additional combo options? Unlock a wider variety of weapons to wield? I'm not sure, I haven't read any info on that but I'm curious.

i immagine you would be able to fight faster and longer and perhaps do some more damage. Get the possibilty to fight with heavier weapons faster. I think combo option you will realy have to learn from a teacher. (just guessing)