COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Joining Families

Hey, so once you have a family name reserved how does people joining your family go about? Also will there already be NPC's in your family upon spawning in for the first time? Or just you. Is there a limit to who can join your family? ect ect

7/8/2018 2:46:32 AM #1

You, the player, have to give permission to anyone you wish to join your family. One way to do this is to give them the character code to an NPC in the family. There may be other ways, but I don't know the details, and the details may not yet be public.

7/8/2018 2:51:14 AM #2

Posted By Poldano at 10:46 PM - Sat Jul 07 2018

You, the player, have to give permission to anyone you wish to join your family. One way to do this is to give them the character code to an NPC in the family. There may be other ways, but I don't know the details, and the details may not yet be public.

Alright thanks, that's about as much as I have known and didn't know if more information had been released.

7/8/2018 3:13:12 AM #3

Posted By Aestra at

once you have a family name reserved how does people joining your family go about?

You will begin the game by choosing a soul (like choosing a character on any other MMO). After that you begin to search for a family, filtering for things you do and do not want. After you set the basic perimeters you choose a family within a settlement (that will/should match your filter settings). Now we get into what youre asking:

People will join your family using that exact method except in this scenario they've filtered for a family that is run by a player. For this to happen you will need to allow access to sparking into your children during the child contract so that it appears for players searching for a family.

Short version: turn on the permissions during the child contract and people can join your family by using a spark of life to activate a soul, then choosing one of your children as their new character.

Posted By Aestra at >

Also will there already be NPC's in your family upon spawning in for the first time?

If youre in very early during exposition its massively likely you will have NPC parents. Although after the initial 'opening of the gates' the family you get will be based on what you filter for. It could be NPC, it could be a player run family. You get to choose when you create a character.

Regarding your chosen surname... If you did surname reservation you will not have the NPCs surname. Instead you will have a new surname (the one you chose in reservation) while still being in the family and you will be designated something like "Aestra, first of the line".

Posted By Aestra at

Is there a limit to who can join your family?

That comes down to the contract. If they design a " friend system" in game I'd say there is a good chance you can stipulate in the contract "friends of the husband only".

Hope I helped, lemme know if theres anything else.

7/8/2018 3:25:43 AM #4

Posted By Sagan at 11:13 PM - Sat Jul 07 2018

Posted By Aestra at

once you have a family name reserved how does people joining your family go about?

You will begin the game by choosing a soul (like choosing a character on any other MMO). After that you begin to search for a family, filtering for things you do and do not want. After you set the basic perimeters you choose a family within a settlement (that will/should match your filter settings). Now we get into what youre asking:

People will join your family using that exact method except in this scenario they've filtered for a family that is run by a player. For this to happen you will need to allow access to sparking into your children during the child contract so that it appears for players searching for a family.

Short version: turn on the permissions during the child contract and people can join your family by using a spark of life to activate a soul, then choosing one of your children as their new character.

Posted By Aestra at >

Also will there already be NPC's in your family upon spawning in for the first time?

If youre in very early during exposition its massively likely you will have NPC parents. Although after the initial 'opening of the gates' the family you get will be based on what you filter for. It could be NPC, it could be a player run family. You get to choose when you create a character.

Regarding your chosen surname... If you did surname reservation you will not have the NPCs surname. Instead you will have a new surname while still being in the family and you will be designated "Aestra, first of the line".

Posted By Aestra at

Is there a limit to who can join your family?

That comes down to the contract. If they design a " friend system" in game I'd say there is a good chance you can stipulate in the contract "friends of the husband only".

Hope I helped, lemme know if theres anything else.

Thank you so much, you helped a lot.