COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
How in-depth will combat be?

A few questions here for this topic if anyone has heard anything. Will you have a chance to actually lose a limb completely? If a person gets shot in the knee with a well aimed arrow, will it immobilize said person? Will there be a chance for sneak attacks and quick take-downs such as something as brutal as slitting throats? For bounty hunters, will a target be able to be subdued, put in handcuffs, maybe even a potato sack over the head, without having to be knocked unconscious? I guess I just feel like I'm putting a lot of faith into this game to be everything I've ever wanted in a game.

2/25/2016 2:51:09 PM #1

Combat is one of those topics where only bits and pieces are known because they want to launch all the information with an accompanying video. We should know everything in the coming months. Until then I can answer one question for certain, one for most likely and one I have no idea!

There will not be amputations, that has been confirmed.

Whether you can slow, or even prevent, the movement of an opponent is the one I do not know about. I am not sure we have heard anything on the topic.

I do not think there is any way to bind someone or move them about without incapacitating them (knocking them out). However, if you are a Bounty Hunter, with a bounty token which allows you to bring someone to justice you can knock someone out without receiving any penalty. At that point you can drag them towards to court house! So there is certainly a place for that role.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

4/30/2017 7:06:15 AM #2

I can imagine there will be plenty of ways to subdue targets without directly hitting them on the head with a club. There will more likely than not be access to poisons which can be used in food, on weapons, or even in low end explosives (maybe?) that will knock others out. Hell they might even add something like bolas or nets!

My referral code is 1AF8FD

4/30/2017 7:37:45 AM #3

i think there might be things as explosives later in the game. When people did research about it and find out how that works. but yeah not much is known about combat yet, i think they need to figure out themselfs what is realistic but also possible to create in a game. Just got to wait for this info