COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
A Restart?

So this question may have already been asked and I just haven't seen it, if so just point me in the right direction, but:

If there is an alpha, which usually there is but things change sometimes, and then betas and what not, will that affect the 10 year story? Because if you start in the alpha and betas, you're going to be testing all the mechanics, in which case you'll build and do your story, craft, and socialize. That's going to change the world obviously. So my question is, will the world kind-of do a restart when it becomes available for everyone, or will the actions and decisions alpha and beta testers do effect the world for when it becomes available?

I know this might not get answered and that's fine, it's just a question I've had for a few days now and I wanted to see what you guys thought?

2/26/2016 8:15:21 PM #1

I can't remember where I saw it, so take it with a grain of salt, but I read or heard in a Q&A that maybe beta progress may roll into launch, but I know for a fact that the community tools, alpha and beta all will form the history of Elyria when launch comes. To the best of my knowledge. Try asking the IRC chat.

2/26/2016 8:23:44 PM #2

Beta testing will be reset. There is going to be an extended early access though. That will not be reset. Unlike many modern games the early access in CoE is not just an extended testing phase.

2/26/2016 8:39:32 PM #3

Thanks guys!

11/17/2016 4:52:12 PM #4

Alpha and Beta servers will be wiped. Exposition will be the three months prior to game launch that will influence the story/history of the game.

12/6/2016 3:52:38 PM #5

Posted By AValentine at 09:52 AM - Thu Nov 17 2016

Alpha and Beta servers will be wiped. Exposition will be the three months prior to game launch that will influence the story/history of the game.

Nice!

I'm curious how much of an impact individual players can have on the story and if we could possibly even get our name(s) mentioned in the official story somehow.

Through the travail of ages, midst the pomp and toil of war have I fought and strove and perished countless times before So as through a glass, darkly, the age old strife I see - for I've fought in many guises, many names, but always me.