COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Allow us to "legally" auction/sell our accounts.

Since obviously we cannot get refunds. I wish we would be able to sell or auction off our accounts in a sanctioned system. Maybe even let sbs get a cut of the trade. There are some of us that have perks or pledges that cannot be obtained anymore. And some players that will enjoy them more.

9/29/2018 3:37:20 AM #1

There is no way to legally do that within the states. All the account owner has to do is show their transactions of the purchases and legally they have to be returned the account.

That's not up to sbs, there isn't really anything they can do.

9/29/2018 4:03:44 AM #2

It's not illegal, it's simply a hassle. It's actually safer to do it on a site owned by SBS because they would be able to verify that the account moved to another name.

The other issue is if anyone gets screwed it's also on SBS. Shroud of the Avatar has an account selling system. But it is done by what Portalarium calls Trusted Traders. Where third party websites sell accounts.

SOTA does have a forum for selling properties, or rare goods which are no longer available in game for in game currency.

So no, it's not illegal. But SBS is not likely to take on the burden of account selling. That does leave such activities to third party websites and are simply a risk.

9/29/2018 6:04:36 AM #3

not a bad idea but it probably would take away from sbs dev time and sbs may have had recommendations from lawyers etc saying not to [note: I am not saying they did, just that it is a possibility]

9/29/2018 6:21:38 AM #4

Posted By Snowmannumbertwo at

Since obviously we cannot get refunds. I wish we would be able to sell or auction off our accounts in a sanctioned system.

NO. WAY.

There is a struggling MMO out there (which I won't mention by name as it breaks the CoC via how I'm about to comment), which allows RMT among players and that's precisely one of the reasons IT IS a struggling MMO! Most MMO fans rightly loathe RMT. It's not a good thing. It turns communities into people trying to make a buck off each other. It's sick and attracts a really, really undesirable kind of gamer, who I would cross the street (read: leave a game), to avoid. If CoE lets it in the door, FAR more people will drop CoE like a hot potato than will come to its door, Guaranteed. RMT ruins gaming communities. Just, no.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

9/29/2018 7:00:19 AM #5

Selling in-game items or accounts securely would be really easy with blockchain-based games.

But until those become the norm, it's too much hassle.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

9/29/2018 7:12:14 AM #6

I hope they will not.... It could backfire badly.

9/29/2018 9:31:02 AM #7

That would end so badly. More so since there isn't even a two factor authentication protecting our accounts that little bit more. (Something I would personally love).

If you don't want your account, just give it away. Assuming that is allowed, since no one is making a profit off it.

Breaking down the package to sell off all the unique things adds nothing. Adds on more time for SBS to add in something pointless. All cause you OP wanna make a quick buck out of someone.

9/29/2018 11:30:02 AM #8

They removed inter-life talent inheritance because someone raised the point that RMTers would simply buy the Talented accounts and have a lasting advantage in the game. I don't think they're going to shoot themselves in the foot by openly facilitating account trading.

And honestly, people need to stop trying to help RMT get a foot in the door in this game. Account trading will be bad enough with the noble ranks/fame/talent system without it being endorsed.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

9/29/2018 1:14:36 PM #9

Posted By Flashman at 02:21 AM - Sat Sep 29 2018

Posted By Snowmannumbertwo at

Since obviously we cannot get refunds. I wish we would be able to sell or auction off our accounts in a sanctioned system.

NO. WAY.

There is a struggling MMO out there (which I won't mention by name as it breaks the CoC via how I'm about to comment), which allows RMT among players and that's precisely one of the reasons IT IS a struggling MMO! Most MMO fans rightly loathe RMT. It's not a good thing. It turns communities into people trying to make a buck off each other. It's sick and attracts a really, really undesirable kind of gamer, who I would cross the street (read: leave a game), to avoid. If CoE lets it in the door, FAR more people will drop CoE like a hot potato than will come to its door, Guaranteed. RMT ruins gaming communities. Just, no.

100% agree. RMT is bad. Its not good for the company or us.

9/29/2018 1:40:52 PM #10

Well if some people wish to sell their accounts and others wish to buy them, I don't see the problem. It would be safer for those to have SBS manage it but you can't blame them if they don't wish to use resources in developing a trading program for accounts.

Even if utopic, we have to remember that the original Kickstarter date of release was December 2017, by the speed of development we won't see the game before 2020 or maybe later. We can't blame some naives, that pledge originally believing in those dates, not to have the time nor the will to play years after the supposed original release.

Allowing them, at the very least, not to be punished by SBS for selling their account would be a fair and decent way to manage the issue and at their own risks.

9/29/2018 1:47:28 PM #11

This was meant to be more of a before the game launches thing. allowing for an account through secure means like many games and mmos.

not only for those who feel disenchanted with the game but others who maybe after their purchase years ago have fallen on harder times or got deployed and know they will not be able to play.

this is a request for a system to allow for us to "sell back our game" to someone who will use it. Since there are many accounts that are not available anymore. this isn't RMT its like a secondary account market for things that do not exsist anymore.

Also like a certain game that is also 3 letters ending in an E , sbs can take a cut of all transaction so in the end they make money twice off one item.

9/29/2018 2:15:39 PM #12

Yeah, that's what I meant, selling the account now before game launch. I didn't precise it cause it seemed logical to me.

9/29/2018 5:36:52 PM #13

It's wisest to put our resources towards the things that benefit the most number of people.

I think most people agree it makes sense to keep our resources focused squarely on the development of the game and, where necessary, things that ensure the short and long-term success of the studio.

-Caspian

10/1/2018 1:56:01 PM #14

I think this thread operates on the faulty assumption that the "package owner" is somehow entitled to some form of recompense if they have since changed their mind about pledging/donating.

Give the OP included the "since we obviously can't get refunds" comment, this smacks of an "unsatisfied customer". Creating a system for the entire purpose of allowing a few individuals to recoup their investment is definitely a waste of time, IMO.

From the "buyers" perspective, if you want to spend real money on the game to buy stuff? Go right ahead, SBS has a store just for that purpose. There is no reason to add something that allows you to buy something from another player.

I can't think of any legitimate reason to need something like this.

You invested in the game to help fund their project. Sorry if you think it is taking too long, or are having buyers remorse, or now need the money for something else, or now disagree with something SBS said.

It's done.

You want to take your chances via shady, "not-endorsed" options? That's on you. Don't expect SBS to tee you up for you though.

Imgur

10/1/2018 7:41:04 PM #15

There's a pretty common misconception here that you have bought something that you now own and can sell or get a refund for. As of now this is untrue. You didn't buy Chronicles of Elyria, none of us have. That wouldn't be possible or legal since it doesn't exist yet. All we've done is donated money towards supporting the development of CoE, and received in return promises of goods should the game ever release. Which means that we all went into this knowing we would never get this money back, even if CoE were to somehow fail during development and never release. Unless you could prove that this whole process has been a scam and that the game was never intended to release, then you donated money, and you don't get a refund on donated money, nor are you entitled to some sort of return on that donation in any way.