COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
One week until Map Voting!

Just three more days (Thursday) until the official rules and announcement post with details about the Map Voting process.

Then... just four days after that until Map Voting begins!

So exciting!

10/16/2018 1:09:09 AM #16

Amen.

10/16/2018 2:37:18 AM #17

So I guess I need to finalize that announcement then, eh?

hurries to get it done

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

10/16/2018 12:20:34 PM #18

Get on it serp!

10/16/2018 12:27:06 PM #19

Quick question: Will we see the maps before we get a chance to vote on them? Or just the rules and directions?

Hope it helps...

10/16/2018 1:26:07 PM #20

Posted By PixiePunchPie at 05:27 AM - Tue Oct 16 2018

Quick question: Will we see the maps before we get a chance to vote on them? Or just the rules and directions?

The rules will be posted the 18th, the maps the 22nd. They let drop in the discord that, the first round of voting will be 2 weeks, and the second will be 1 week. Usual disclaimer, until they post that here its subject to change.

Fades to black

10/16/2018 6:04:48 PM #21

hmm, hoping that the maps don't generate numerous other questions that simply cannot all be answered or coordinated within the 4 day voting block.

as in... question about blah... sits and everyone votes on either random map or what appears to be most popular.

hmm, also wonder if Caspian will release some store items related to cartography or something while map voting is going on ::thinking face

10/16/2018 6:36:35 PM #22

Posted By VictoriaRachel at 12:07 PM - Mon Oct 15 2018

Mmmmm delicious proverbial carrots.

Keep feeding me even of its just hype. Mhm hype and carrots, proverbial or real (:

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

10/16/2018 7:11:56 PM #23

For everyone that can vote... please choose a map with decent oceanic layout for us fishermen and explorers. =)

Kenzarth

10/16/2018 8:05:15 PM #24

We are Almost there..... Cannot wait to see this community fire up.....

10/16/2018 8:43:39 PM #25

Yasssssss!

Posted By Zelcovian at 11:04 AM - Tue Oct 16 2018

hmm, hoping that the maps don't generate numerous other questions that simply cannot all be answered or coordinated within the 4 day voting block.

18th - 22nd isn't the voting time. You'll have a couple weeks to vote.

10/16/2018 9:39:15 PM #26

Alt text

10/17/2018 10:53:30 AM #27

like any vote there will be people claiming not enough time or unfair voting. i am sure there will be all sorts of ,

" my moms uncles dads 4th removed son had heart surgery during this three week period i have 2 IP i feel that my voice must be heard. so i need you to delay and or change the counts because i couldn't vote."

or

" i accidentally clicked on every map and my ip was split 15000 times can i please vote again, my bot, i mean my finger slipped"

or

" i am a blind, deaf, paraplegic, with no limbs, and no jaw so i cannot use the straw to control my PC . i must use an assistant. However, your maps were not detailed enough for me to understand the differences, i am going to complain to the BBB and file a ADA violation for SBS not being inclusive enough. you must make the voting system work for me and my not so unique situation."

10/17/2018 10:56:39 AM #28

Posted By Snowmannumbertwo at 6:53 PM - Wed Oct 17 2018

like any vote there will be people claiming not enough time or unfair voting. i am sure there will be all sorts of ,

" my moms uncles dads 4th removed son had heart surgery during this three week period i have 2 IP i feel that my voice must be heard. so i need you to delay and or change the counts because i couldn't vote."

or

" i am a blind, deaf, paraplegic, with no limbs, and no jaw so i cannot use the straw to control my PC . i must use an assistant. However, your maps were not detailed enough for me to understand the differences, i am going to complain to the BBB and file a ADA violation for SBS not being inclusive enough. you must make the voting system work for me and my not so unique situation."

It's called priorities...

Map Voting >> everything else!!

10/17/2018 11:40:25 AM #29

So I have a question for the devs.

What, if any, outreach beyond the current community are you doing with map voting?

It is such a great and unique part of the CoE that to not shout it from the rooftops (traditional games media, different forums, YouTube influencers etc) seems like a waste of an opportunity to build greater awareness and income to support development.

10/17/2018 12:38:33 PM #30

Posted By Snowmannumbertwo at 05:53 AM - Wed Oct 17 2018

or

" i accidentally clicked on every map and my ip was split 15000 times can i please vote again, my bot, i mean my finger slipped"

or

lol