COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Children Being Born

I have seen a lot of posts asking and answering questions about child contracts. However, assuming that everything (from the spare room and bed, to the starting equipment, and everything else) is prepared for a child to come into being,

How soon after the child contract is made will the child come into existence? Does it spawn immediately, or will there be a few days wait time? Will it appear as a baby, a child, or a 15 year old?

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

11/26/2018 5:38:46 AM #1

As of my knowledge right now, a child comes into existence immediately. It should be a baby. There is a cool down period of i believe 9 days.

11/26/2018 5:51:38 AM #2

How long does the baby take to grow enough to be playable?

67CAC0

-Just a lowly beekeeper

11/26/2018 6:08:24 AM #3

Posted By Draguta at 7:51 PM - Sun Nov 25 2018

How long does the baby take to grow enough to be playable?

15 weeks (15 year old)

11/26/2018 6:11:49 AM #4

Does someone have to take care of it that entire time? I thought Caspian said that wouldn't happen.

If you wouldn't mind, could you post your source, please?

67CAC0

-Just a lowly beekeeper

11/26/2018 6:16:30 AM #5

Some of what i know is from memory i can't remember all the sources. But the 15 years old to play is here. https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Families

11/26/2018 6:24:06 AM #6

While it does imply aging, the wiki page is a site editable by anyone. So while that may be true, it may also be untrue.

I know that children are usable as being spawn-in-able after 15 years old, but that's the only thing I can say is accurate.

I appreciate your effort, though.

67CAC0

-Just a lowly beekeeper

11/26/2018 6:31:09 AM #7

Lol, different source, same info as far as age you can start that LegendofStein shared.

http://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/1772/DJ-16-The-Weight-and-Measure-of-a-Lifetime

So with Wards of the State, you can start at 12, and any other character you can start at 15.

The linked post is slightly old as it was before the 1 week = 1 year time change, but the ages haven't changed.

I also have no idea where his info on instant birthed babies, or 9 day cool down periods came from. Never something I looked into so I am not sure what he is sourcing for those numbers.

11/26/2018 8:44:06 AM #8

the character creation would start after you enter the child code in the soul selection screen and the resulting character would simply spawn into the room once you're finished, no babies and i think they removed children, all characters will be ward age and above

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4