COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Xsolla pt2

In this thread, Serpentius asked that we " let us know if you find any evidence of any issue" however the thread appears to be locked as I can't reply to it.

When I made my purchase, Xsolla did two failed transactions to GPay, then one success through Paypal. All three showed up as actual transactions on my credit card bill (quite a hefty sum actually), then they did two reversal transactions. Total of 5 transactions.

Afterwards, I noticed that the credit card had sent me an SMS because they thought it was fraudulent and asked me to verify it. I am assuming that was only due to the multiple attempts.

Hope this helps track down any issues people are reporting.

11/27/2018 4:19:07 AM #1

In case anyone runs into this looking for answers.

I had the same issue between xsolla and my bank. The bank denied the transaction and xsolla immediately refunded me on several occasions.

After figuring this out though and unlocking my debit card 2-3 times, I am not having an issue with xsolla auto declining.

I think after you teach your bank to trust them, it works relatively fine.

12/3/2018 10:48:08 PM #2

Is there an existing issue that we need to look into here?

Thank you.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

12/3/2018 10:58:49 PM #3

The issue with me, which happened again since my post saying it doesn't happen anymore, is that my bank declines xsolla almost everytime I try purchasing something from the store.

Xsolla is good at giving an immediate refund, but it seems like my bank flags the action and freezes my card. After validating the attempted purchase through my bank the attempt goes through a second time without an issue.

Not sure if it is the same problem for everyone else though.

12/3/2018 11:29:55 PM #4

Thanks for the follow up Labbe!

12/4/2018 1:36:07 AM #5

Posted By Labbe at 4:58 PM - Mon Dec 03 2018

The issue with me, which happened again since my post saying it doesn't happen anymore, is that my bank declines xsolla almost everytime I try purchasing something from the store.

Xsolla is good at giving an immediate refund, but it seems like my bank flags the action and freezes my card. After validating the attempted purchase through my bank the attempt goes through a second time without an issue.

Not sure if it is the same problem for everyone else though.

That was my exact situation recently as well.

12/4/2018 1:52:56 AM #6

For me, IF I have any issues with Xsolla, its because the company is based/runs their transactions through Cyprus. Many card companies and banks tend to freeze international transactions. To fix tis I've given express permission to Xsolla to run international charges to my account/card. The international purchases through certain banks tend to be the problem, not the Company themselves.

12/4/2018 2:58:36 AM #7

i had the same problem with my very first transaction, at the time my Mayor package was purchased five times, and yes they was much quicker than i expected in reversing 4 of the 5 payments, 2/3 days, after the first transaction and payment details saved, I've never had an issue since with at least another dozen or more purchases.

Many Hands Make Light Work.

12/4/2018 8:06:52 AM #8

@Serpentius - it might be worth making a note on the checkout page. Many of us have had it fail a time or three and had to expressly tell the bank to allow it through. If it just failed it wouldn't be so bad; but since it actually charges each time, that might not be a great experience for everyone.

12/4/2018 2:30:10 PM #9

Most issues with Xsolla seem to be that many banks flag they as fraudulent until told otherwise. Once you do that, things seem to be ok.

I don't know how I feel about the fact that both my banks, and paypal credit, think Xsolla is worthy of being listed as default fraudulent, but evidently companies use them so...

shrug

I don't understand enough about payment process to know why you need a third party payment processor to access Paypal - which is a payment processor. Seems like a middleman to a middleman...

Imgur

12/4/2018 10:10:52 PM #10

Posted By Marovec at 06:30 AM - Tue Dec 04 2018

I don't understand enough about payment process to know why you need a third party payment processor to access Paypal - which is a payment processor. Seems like a middleman to a middleman...

Using Paypal is your individual choice of payment, just like using a credit card is someone else's choice. Instead of having to deal with a bunch of different types of payment, SBS is using Xsolla as a filter, or middleman, to do that for them.

You could look at it like, you and SBS are negotiating a deal. You bring Paypal to represent you and they bring Xsolla to represent them. Then Paypal and Xsolla hash out the details and make it all work out.

12/4/2018 10:47:04 PM #11

Posted By Serpentius at 2:48 PM - Mon Dec 03 2018

Is there an existing issue that we need to look into here?

Thank you.

I'm the one who posted the comment that got the other thread locked. My point was not that Xsolla is a fraudulent site. It isn't. It is a very legitimate site. The problem is that it is on a list of suspect sites that generate a large number of challenged transactions. This is because kids get their parent's credit card and buy services on Xsolla that the parents later challenge -- far more often than other sites. That is probably an unavoidable issue with Xsolla.

But, to answer your question, "is there a current issue?" Yes -- that is the issue. If I want to use a credit card, rather than Paypal, on Xsolla, I need to call my credit card company in advance and pre-clear the transaction. That is annoying. It is also not uncommon. The result is that many people probably don't buy things they otherwise would.

This is doubly true if the payment is blocked by the credit card because it wasn't pre-cleared. In my case, I made a point of buying less each time I had to re-run a transaction. I'm sure that others just gave up and didn't even re-rerun their transactions.

This is a loss of revenue, possibly a serious one. We are merely pointing it out to SBS. If SBS doesn't care about such loss of revenue, so be it. We've done our best bringing the issue to your attention.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

12/5/2018 8:16:14 PM #12

Thanks everyone for the follow up and feedback, we greatly appreciate it!