COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Welcome to the Colosseum, Champion!

pat B-BOOM pat B-BOOM pat B-BOOM...

You really wish your heart would stop trying to jump out of your breastplate, it wasn't really the best time to feel anxious. With each step towards the light at the end of the corridor, you can hear the thunderous roar of the commonwealth... It was time to put on a show.

pat B-BOOM pat B-BOOM pat B-BOOM...

As you step into the opening of the hall, bright daylight warms your face and blinds your eyes. You raise your hand to the sky and look at the crowd: surging colors, sizes and shapes, all murmuring and shouting, placing their bets on a victor before they even see your faces.

The crowd silences for a moment as your opponent enters the colosseum from across the pit, and the battle master clears his throat to announce the fighters. Before he can utter the first word, you've donned your helmet and you've begun your pace to the middle of the arena.

To the victor goes the glory and spoils, may the masses have mercy should you lose.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, AdinX. I've posted a couple of other topics around on the forum, but for the most part I just joined the community a day or two ago. I've seen a lot of players discussing guilds, families, and even ancient cultures that they would like to base their character/family/gameplay on. After reading about vikings and knights and trade companies, I couldn't help but think of my own favorite historical battles.

This idea could go a variety of ways to stay interesting (and relevant) in the world of Elyria: Gladiators. I didn't type up that whole intro just to skip them. I want colosseums and dueling prisoners with a chance at freedom, at the expense of losing their life for a poor fight.
Jousting! The king is in a good mood and wishes to see his knights bash each other. Let's gather the town-folk, uncork some mead and watch old-school NASCAR/redneck olympics.
Sparring. This opens up a variety of possibilities for combat and gameplay. If you are a traveler and you keep a heavy walking stick with you, so long as you can block and absorb blows with the weapon, you can potentially keep an attacker (somewhat) at bay. A wooden staff may prove more effective against wild animals honestly. More important for Elyria would be the gameplay enhancement: players would be able to get into full-on simulated combat, non-withholding, without risking severely injuring or CDGing (CoupeD'Grace) a friend/mentor/pupil.

Lemme know what ya'll think, I'd love to see other peoples ideas on this (or maybe some people would like to consider running an entertainment business??)

3/3/2016 3:30:33 PM #1

This is a great idea because it would allow for players to gain fame. It would create interesting events that everyone could come and watch as well as the opportunity for fairs, which would benefit business and allow for just a fun time.

3/3/2016 4:04:25 PM #2

seems like a cosplay pvp arena to me.... can be fun to watch lol

A guild with neutral stance and we welcome everyone alike . Click banner above to know more.

3/3/2016 4:14:58 PM #3

Sounds like our Towns planned Arena the Thunderdome.

3/3/2016 6:19:54 PM #4

This is great idea, would like the possibility for deviant players to rise and gain fame or infamy as gladiators.

3/3/2016 6:56:34 PM #5

The Colosseum is a must have :D

3/3/2016 8:15:43 PM #6

I'm not sure about jousting, but the other two are more or less confirmed to be in the game. I also like the idea. More combat, less politics.

1/14/2017 1:23:46 AM #7

Posted By Ender at 3:15 PM - Thu Mar 03 2016

I'm not sure about jousting, but the other two are more or less confirmed to be in the game. I also like the idea. More combat, less politics.

http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/TournamentofChampions Eventually mounted combat will be a feature to be patched in or added with time.

1/15/2017 4:18:47 AM #8

Hmm, I could host a fight ring within my tavern, that would be a bad ass source of evening entertainment for my guests and residents.

If you can beat three opponents I'll recommend you to the Colosseum or higher end fight rings to work your way up, plus some mead on the house!

Owner of the Blue Moon Inn & Tavern, the most grand tavern in all of Elyria. I am a gatherer and merchant by trade, skilled and cunning with the blade. I work with people of all walks of life.

1/15/2017 4:20:49 AM #9

Hardcore necromancy at hand here, but I agree. Arenas will exist, and they'll be great for the game. It'll let restless pvpers earn some money and fame instead of running around as a petty bandit or soldier.