COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Oh hail naw

This topic is about weather and whether the weather will effect crafting alot or a little bit. Assuming weather can be deadly, more people will remain indoors and will likely leave there home only to tend to their winter gardens and pets. Inns will likely be busy and people will probably not wage wars during that time. Brudvirs might, but alot of people in a climate that snows and hails are more likely to be immobile by choice. Lets have some conversation about what issues weather will cause.

The nicest pig in the world and a little cute.

2/17/2019 1:58:19 AM #1

Now this was a funny post title. It made me laugh. Come on :D People... Get a sense of humor and don't take yourselves so seriously.

2/17/2019 2:09:58 AM #2

I think that weather will be more than just window-dressing in the game, as the studio has put a lot of work into their weather systems - after all, one of their first videos post-kickstarter was of their snow system.

Certainly, temperature and humidity are going to tie into the survival system and be faster to drain a person's stamina and attributes, so it would be in players' best interest to keep their characters indoors during bad weather - I could see people scripting their OPCs to postpone activities during rain or snow to avoid stat drain, and instead do something indoors.

Especially given world events like the Longest Night, and the fact that seasons are variable in length (Up to 8 days), I could imagine the story engine setting up long-term inclement weather, or extreme versions of the seasons (snowstorms and blizzards, extremely hot summers, etc) that lead to shifting resource requirements (water might suddenly be much more valuable for that week) or change a character's priorities (your house might need repairs and upkeep during a bad rain season).

Depending on how in-depth it goes, some crafting skills may be affected or even impossible to perform - in unseasonably frigid conditions, you might not be able to get your forge's fire started, perhaps.

Including the military aspect (players will want to go campaigning in nice weather, not bogged down losing stamina in a muddy ditch or being burned alive before they even get to the fight), it's probably safe to say that weather will have a very big say in what people focus on in the game.

(Of course, Hrothi are exempt from the weather!)

2/17/2019 2:19:52 AM #3

We know that weather will make a big impact since there will be blizzards up in the Brudvir area. Although it's hard to know just how much of an impact it'll be.

Caring for animals and livestock during bad seasons (including the Longest Night) will be an interesting experience.

Some will need somewhere safe that they can escape to (as their needs and wants will probably have them looking for safety) such as a barn etc. Others may fall prey to necessity and food shortfalls (culling a few of your own livestock vs having to hunt will certainly be preferred.

I'm also pretty curious about gardens and how much damage a bad storm could do to one's crops.

2/18/2019 7:57:19 AM #4

I'm hoping that there will be no blizzards in the tropics.

2/19/2019 1:46:01 AM #5

Blizzard in the tropics? Probably unlikely to happen.

A typhoon or similar is more likely.

2/19/2019 3:23:56 AM #6

Typhoons and hurricanes in the tropics I can tolerate. They can obviate the need to clean one's house, because they just blow the house down. I just don't want it to be cold, ever. Except high in mountains, of course, because religious ascetics have to go somewhere to be miserable. Especially if there are no stinking deserts nearby to be miserably thirsty in.

2/19/2019 4:37:15 AM #7

Posted By Poldano at 10:23 PM - Mon Feb 18 2019

Typhoons and hurricanes in the tropics I can tolerate. They can obviate the need to clean one's house, because they just blow the house down. I just don't want it to be cold, ever. Except high in mountains, of course, because religious ascetics have to go somewhere to be miserable. Especially if there are no stinking deserts nearby to be miserably thirsty in.

Thanks for the laugh. I almost snorted coffee out my nose.

2/19/2019 7:55:10 PM #8

Oh man, if they put in tornadoes, I would play the game simply to get scooped up and see how far I can fly across the land.

Drake County

2/19/2019 11:47:39 PM #9

The irony I'm eating pork right now then I saw you picture forgive me XD but I guess I'm good being a brudvier don't have to worry much on winters hope to find a yoro wife e,e , Im pretty sure any one who want to make a worrior race will mix these 2 from the friendly rker in ceo yamoshi.

Brudvier power hail the pack