COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Poll] Rofus as Community Ambassador

Please cast your vote for Rofus as Community Ambassador.

In order for your vote to count, the following must be true:

• You must have a minimum of 250 influence
  • Your CoE account must be in good standing

Remember, this is not a competition and you should cast your vote based on your experience with this candidate alone, not their kingdom affiliation. There is also no limit to the number of ambassadors you may vote for.

By default, your vote in this form is confidential and will only be seen by Soulbound Studios. If you'd like to communicate something publicly, post a reply to this thread as usual. As a reminder, ensure any public comments adhere to our Code of Conduct.

Note: This poll will end automatically 7 days from the post date and time.

Finally, here are a few reminders about what makes a great ambassador:

• They are paragons of what it means to be a CoE community member
  • They are able to answer the toughest of questions about CoE
  • They've displayed an unparalleled willingness to help others

To learn more about this exciting new program, please visit the following link:

Community Ambassador Program

Would you recommend Rofus for Community Ambassador?

Voting for this poll is now closed.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

2/19/2019 7:35:35 AM #1

Thank you for the nomination, I am a bit surprised by it especially after having an extremely busy last year that reduced my time and chances to interact with the community drastically. Now that I have waaaaayyyy more time on my hands I actually feel useful again :)

Just few quick words about me: I am a Finnish guy, couple months away from turning 30 and CoE is pretty much half of my life. I might not be the most visible character because I am a serious lurker (mostly on EU, Discord server limit is a pain...) so if I'm not shown online I'm either sleeping or on mobile. I am pretty easygoing fellow but I always try to lend a hand or share information to those in need.

I'm always available for a chat in here and in Discord. Thanks again for the nomination!

2/19/2019 9:18:11 AM #2

You got my vote Rofus.

I remember you being very helpfull and welcoming when I was fresh to the forums.

2/19/2019 1:25:24 PM #3

Magnum Rofus

Yes for the Master Lurker 😉

2/20/2019 2:05:22 AM #4

You Have my vote

2/20/2019 3:47:57 PM #5

i consider Rofus worthy of this title

2/22/2019 3:41:05 AM #6

I'm confused. Why was Rofus's nomination accepted? He's only said a few things on the discord, and he has no messages that show any signs of helping anyone out on there either. I've looked up his message history and he's spoken once every two months on the discord. I don't use the forums that often so maybe you're really active here, but what achievements in the past year have you made that give you the qualities of an ambassador. I'm not trying to be rude here, but most people I've asked have never heard of you, and I'm genuinely questioning why you are being nominated as a possible ambassador despite your lack of activity for the past year.

2/22/2019 3:49:12 AM #7

Posted By Quenya at 8:41 PM - Thu Feb 21 2019

I'm confused. Why was Rofus's nomination accepted? He's only said a few things on the discord, and he has no messages that show any signs of helping anyone out on there either. I've looked up his message history and he's spoken once every two months on the discord. I don't use the forums that often so maybe you're really active here, but what achievements in the past year have you made that give you the qualities of an ambassador. I'm not trying to be rude here, but most people I've asked have never heard of you, and I'm genuinely questioning why you are being nominated as a possible ambassador despite your lack of activity for the past year.

How much you talk in discord isn't really a requirement actually.

You can see https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30253/poll-adam-burrfoot-as-community-ambassador?page=8#post332995 I went in depth a bit about it and the process, as well as the original post by serpentius in this thread, also has the link to the entire post about the Ambassador Program

2/22/2019 5:08:10 AM #8

Posted By Quenya at 05:41 AM - Fri Feb 22 2019

This is actually the second time I have been nominated, last time being back when the ambassador program was just starting and we had 13 people nominated at the same time (of which none of us were chosen in the end). I can totally understand why you think I'm not active on Discord but the thing is I just haven't been active on the CoE official server. I like to help and share information but in all honesty the server is already full of wonderful and helpful people that answer questions with lighting fast precision. That's why I have focused on other Discord servers that are mainly EU, some international ones and some non-related to CoE and I have tried my best to share a positive and accurate information about the game.

And as Violet and her other post points out the requirements for getting nominated aren't actually that hard to meet as long as you don't have infractions but people like Labbe definitely raise the bar high. There haven't been too many of these votes going on past year and I guess that people don't remember that they have to fill out the nomination form if they want to see someone they deem worthy to be considered. I don't know who have filled out that form for me but it's nice to know someone thinks I am worthy :)

Anyways, I am honored by the nomination and I will keep doing the stuff I do even if won't be chosen, that's for sure.

2/24/2019 1:20:17 PM #9

Posted By Rofus at 12:08 AM - Fri Feb 22 2019

Anyways, I am honored by the nomination and I will keep doing the stuff I do even if won't be chosen, that's for sure.

This ... this sums it all up. The community does itself a great disservice if it fails to recognize a quality member like Rofus.