COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE DOMAINS
Duchy of Damlay

Damlay is the name for our duchy project that is aiming to take over one of the NPC duchies with the help of our kingdom. People joining us in this venture have a great chance to reap great rewards with us in jolly co-operation! It will be an interesting challenge to take over an NPC duchy and make it a good place to live but with great challenges there are usually also great opportunities.

The Plan

The plan in its simplicity is to take over 1 of the southern NPC duchies in the swamps of Al-Khezam. There are 3 possible options for us but because the most likely one is the western one we will be focusing on it. Domain & Settlement Selection will give us the final confirmation once kings and pledged dukes have locked in their choices.

The actual takeover would happen through acquiring Casus Belli against the NPC duchy, which should not be a problem with the support from other dukes and our king. The actual claim might be harder but there are already plans to make it happen as securely and fast as possible.

However, now that the NPC domains are planned to be purchasable after Domain and Settlement Selection, it might be feasible option to acquire the title through buying it if the prices aren’t too high. This option will be taken into consideration but my current expectation is that it will be too expensive or at least it will have to wait for a price drop. It's also possible that someone else might buy the title in which case I would try to work with the new duke..

Selene Swamps

The Target Duchy

The western swamp duchy shares borders with other 2 swamp duchies of Al-Khezam and a border with To’resk duchy and another with Neran Duchy in other kingdoms. The southernmost border tip also touches the Janoan tropical jungle where 3 different biomes meet. This duchy has a great opportunity for trading as it is next to the 3-kingdom border point as it neighbors are trading focused To’resk and capitalistic Neran and there seems to be useful waterways running through the duchy, especially up north. This duchy has the greatest access to other biomes, tribes and materials of other kingdoms. However it lacks direct access to sea.

Main tribe of the duchy will be the native Dras but there is high potential for To’resk, Neran and Janoan towns closer to the borders. Migrating other tribes is possible if someone desires to have character from a specific tribe. Swamps can be harsh but with time and acclimation it shouldn’t be a problem to settle.

Speaking of swamps, they offer great protection for the duchy with difficult terrain and toxic environment. Dangerous environment also offers exotic materials like black jet, bog iron, plants and reptilian meat that offer great economical stability.

Opportunities

Players often gravitate towards player-run duchies but settling in an NPC duchy gives players more chances to climb the ladder of social hierarchy. Gentry taking over towns as mayors and barons shouldn’t be too hard to achieve and we will support mayors to take over the counties they are settling in. The duchy location also provides opportunities for many kinds of gameplay and activity like trading, exploring, adventuring and so on. With the resources available in swamps it will be easy to become a blacksmith, alchemist, jeweler, herbalist, hunter or pretty much any kind of crafter.

In the future we will hopefully be able to focus on advancing technology through research and development and thus create solid economy. Al’Tifali, one of the major religions in-game, might also offer some unique and interesting opportunities.

We hope to manage our conflicts peacefully through diplomatic means but that doesn’t mean we won’t prepare for the worst. To defend the duchy we will be training Mergoin warriors and keep them busy with PvE if there is no PvP to be had.

Join our project!

The project already has enough support from the kingdom so now we need more internal support, in other words players. We are looking for counts, mayors, barons and gentry to join us in the project, or in other words, we want you! This is a great chance to be creating something from the ground up with us and find your wealth and fame in the process!

Join our Discord server to hear more and have chat!

4/13/2019 5:35:37 PM #1

-Reserved-

4/13/2019 5:44:28 PM #2

Both eloquent and well thought out. All of Feann wish you success in your venture, and as always, we will support you in every way we can.

4/13/2019 6:52:10 PM #3

Rofus, how could you?! How could you possibly leave lil' old innocent me alone in Feann with people like Sang, Lumi, Scy and Cappie around..?

P.S. I whish you the best of luck with Damlay and your adventures within it! Also: Very nice paragraph-dividers :) The text between them.. Meh.

P.P.S.: Just kidding <3

4/13/2019 7:09:57 PM #4

It is indeed well organized, and when you read through well thought out.

I fully endorse this project and encourage people to join in. 👌

Duke Usifan Banner

4/13/2019 7:28:47 PM #5

Good Job Rofus

4/13/2019 7:44:08 PM #6

Well organized post and Solid plan ~ Nice to have you in swamps Rofusy as a neighbor , friend and alot of things .

4/14/2019 10:03:12 AM #7

Long live the "Casus Popo"! Wish you great luck and fun my friend,. ay the wind of fate be on your side.

4/14/2019 1:25:17 PM #8

Good post, looking forward to fruitful relations between Damlay and the Coalition of Orisha.

4/14/2019 6:19:43 PM #9

Sounds like a solid plan. Good luck Rofus!

Happiness is reality minus expectation

4/14/2019 9:29:21 PM #10

Noice

4/20/2019 8:35:35 AM #11

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! we shall do our best! :)

4/20/2019 9:02:00 AM #12

Rufus don't you think someone can snatch it from you before you do CB in Game? After all Vye wrote this :

What's Next Once the main phase for Domain & Settlement Selection concludes on May 27, Elyria is so vast that there will definitely be properties still left unclaimed. As Caspian mentioned in the State of Elyria, there will be an opportunity for the untitled to snatch up unclaimed settlements or domains directly from the map! While the other benefits that came with the Nobility and Aristocracy Pledge Packages won't be included, such as Exposition Points or Design Experiences, the price will be discounted as a result. We expect this second phase of Domain & Settlement Selection will be every bit as exciting as the main phase promises to be! Look for details on phase two in the coming weeks.

Maybe someone, lol, can buy it. After all money talk until the game starts. And by the way you congratulations you choose to be on the borders with us.

4/20/2019 10:51:17 AM #13

Posted By Augustus_Aquila at 12:02 PM - Sat Apr 20 2019

Rufus don't you think someone can snatch it from you before you do CB in Game? After all Vye wrote this :

What's Next Once the main phase for Domain & Settlement Selection concludes on May 27, Elyria is so vast that there will definitely be properties still left unclaimed. As Caspian mentioned in the State of Elyria, there will be an opportunity for the untitled to snatch up unclaimed settlements or domains directly from the map! While the other benefits that came with the Nobility and Aristocracy Pledge Packages won't be included, such as Exposition Points or Design Experiences, the price will be discounted as a result. We expect this second phase of Domain & Settlement Selection will be every bit as exciting as the main phase promises to be! Look for details on phase two in the coming weeks.

Maybe someone, lol, can buy it. After all money talk until the game starts. And by the way you congratulations you choose to be on the borders with us.

Yeah, I'm well aware of that possibility and even mentioned it in the original post if you didn't notice:

Posted By Rofus at

However, now that the NPC domains are planned to be purchasable after Domain and Settlement Selection, it might be feasible option to acquire the title through buying it if the prices aren’t too high. This option will be taken into consideration but my current expectation is that it will be too expensive or at least it will have to wait for a price drop. It's also possible that someone else might buy the title in which case I would try to work with the new duke.

So basically I will consider buying the title myself or if someone else buys it I will try to work with that person :)

4/20/2019 12:54:42 PM #14

Don't wait to long Rufus... Duchy at lower prices will be the first to go.

CARPE DIEM

4/25/2019 6:39:03 PM #15

Posted By Augustus_Aquila at 3:54 PM - Sat Apr 20 2019

Don't wait to long Rufus... Duchy at lower prices will be the first to go.

CARPE DIEM

We have to wait and see if it's a doable price but for now it's not my main plan. It's not the end of the world for me if someone else buys the duchy and it would actually just make my life way easier when I could just focus on other stuff instead ^_^