COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Will there be an international survey for China?

I read through the guide and found out that there is going to be national server, just wondering if soulbound studio is looking forward to make a market in China.

3/9/2016 10:18:08 AM #1

No clue, it currently seems unlikely since China has heavy restrictons on games, however you can get around this by changing certain creatures and elements to a more Chinese styled game by tying in their culture which has been here for thousands of years. So at the start of the game I don't expect a server to be released but later on yes, be it through an Oceanic server or modified Chinese one. It also depends on how large of an audiance there is for that.

-MX.

Alt text - can be left blank

3/9/2016 10:35:22 AM #2

It really depends on the following the game gets as to how many servers they open up. The worlds feel better fuller so they do not want to spread the population too thinly. However, currently the closest server they have suggested might be a possibility is Japan, I am unsure how any restrictions imposed by China's internet service providers would affect you accessing that.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

3/9/2016 3:11:47 PM #3

Problem with China is that anyone trying to enter the country actually needs a partner from inside.

Soulbound would need to partner with perfect world or someone like that. Its possible, but only if the game turns out to be really sucessfull, i guess.

3/9/2016 3:37:30 PM #4

Guess you guys are right, the Chinese government usually is hard on the foreign games and animes( that's the worst part). Yet I still believe it would be possible for a Chinese server, since this game does not look like containing very violent or bloody scene(maybe...?)

3/11/2017 5:32:07 AM #5

I wonder what they would name it... China likes to transform other country's names into their own... 饿力暱呀的年代史 maybe?

Mayor Rionyx Lothran ~Spindelhala~

3/11/2017 5:48:34 AM #6

Posted By Rionyx at 12:32 AM - Sat Mar 11 2017

I wonder what they would name it... China likes to transform other country's names into their own... 饿力暱呀的年代史 maybe?

The age of hunger and nostalgia? Did google translate that right?

4/30/2017 4:21:03 AM #7

With Elyria not being a common word, I tried to borrow sounds using other characters. They weren't meant to be translated just used for pronunciation.

Mayor Rionyx Lothran ~Spindelhala~