COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
3 year mark

Just looking through Kickstarter and I stumbled across the original CoE one. Looks like it started May 3rd 2016.

Here is the very first Update post:

96 Likes Hey Kickstarter!

Before I begin this first update let me start by saying "thank you" to our community over on ChroniclesOfElyria, as well as to those people who regularly attend our IRC channel to chat with the developers. When we launched our Kickstarter at 12pm PDT today they were ready and willing to show their support, and we love you all the more for standing by your word.

Next, let me extend a heartfelt "thank you" to all of those who are just learning about Chronicles of Elyria for the first time today, or who backed us on Kickstarter but weren't regularly active in the community.

Chronicles of Elyria has always been, and will always remain, a game for the players by the players. We're building it because it's the game we want to play, and because we believe it's the game you want to play.

The larger the community grows, the more people who back us on Kickstarter, the better our chances of getting the funding we need to bring you the game you've been waiting for. That game that comes along only a few times in a generation to change the way people think about a genre. Chronicles of Elyria is one such game. We believe it in our souls, and in spite of being a relatively small, but experienced team, that 25% you've already helped us raise shows you believe it too.

With that out of the way, Chronicles of Elyria is a multi-layered game with so many exciting elements to it that it's difficult to fully grasp in one sitting. So it's my hope that as the Kickstarter continues I'll have an opportunity to post updates which will help you get a better understanding of the game and the world we're creating.

Also, we love talking with the community - new and old. So if you haven't already, join us on Facebook and say hello. You can also register over on our website to ask questions or start discussions and if you really want to talk with the developers directly, the best way to do so is to join our IRC channel (instructions on how to do that is on our forums). That said, we'll have more people on-hand tomorrow to answer questions here on Kickstarter as well.

Finally, we recognize there are a few questions with respect to stretch goals, cumulative rewards, and what's in the IP store that's available for you to buy with your Influence Points. We'll answer those questions tomorrow in the form of an expanded FAQ section as well as a set of tables.

Until tomorrow, keep telling people about Chronicles of Elyria. And remember, it's your story... but will you choose a path of virtue, or something darker?

5/25/2019 1:56:20 AM #1

So much hope, so many dreams, so many promises....

Well, two outta three ain't bad.

;)

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

5/25/2019 6:27:34 AM #2

They haven't broken any of the promises yet... There have been some delays, but that's to be expected when your developing a game from the ground up. Just keep eating the shrooms with us and we'll all get through this together 😵.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

5/26/2019 1:09:55 AM #3

Posted By Joreel at 07:27 AM - Sat May 25 2019

They haven't broken any of the promises yet... There have been some delays, but that's to be expected when your developing a game from the ground up. Just keep eating the shrooms with us and we'll all get through this together 😵.

Yea....some delays..." only a few years".....and expect much more.....

209920 WALLACHIA

5/26/2019 3:52:34 AM #4

Don't mind the wait though, all in good time

5/26/2019 6:08:28 AM #5

Is there still an IRC channel?

5/26/2019 6:24:34 AM #6

no, we are using Discord now instead.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

5/26/2019 6:56:18 AM #7

Posted By Joreel at 02:27 AM - Sat May 25 2019

Wait, wut? No broken promises?

Besides the release date, the use of SpatialOS, Elyria Mud, Vox Elyria, the start date of DSS, transparency in development, or the "in game" footage that can no longer even be recreated at this point?

What exactly is your definition of a promise I wonder.

Here's one definition, seems like quite a few promises have been missed

"a declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that a particular thing will happen."

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

5/27/2019 10:33:59 AM #8

If we had put our kickstarter money into Bitcoin instead...

5/27/2019 1:21:12 PM #9

thanks for the trip down memory lane :)