COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Hopes and Hates

What One thing, more then anything, do you hope they do in CoE.

What One thing, more then anything, do you hope they do not do in CoE.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

6/25/2019 4:17:08 PM #1

1: Achieve sufficient optimisation to have 500+ players onscreen at once in warfare situations, without requiring pitched battle mechanics to keep them all functional and rendered.

2: Limit or refuse to develop magic in the event that whoever finds it actively works on its proliferation in the same way the rest of us will be driving the development of conventional tech trees.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

6/25/2019 7:15:37 PM #2

1: Proximity voice

2: Cave to casual gamer pressure and make mechanics easier,

7/5/2019 2:37:37 PM #3
  1. Keep the tech tree filled with conventional medieval type weapons and armor

2. Allow magic to be a common thing with "mages" running around all willy nilly.

Baron Neiph Cadfael

7/5/2019 3:14:32 PM #4
  1. Achieve a sufficient 'Gravity of Place' in local regions that can give an intrinsic sense of a home base to local groups of about 500 players. Maybe every half duchy or six - eight counties achieve a sense of weight in place or locale. (it's like your "being somewhere" should not feel 'floaty' ala bad combat).

2. Caving completely to either balance mongers and/or chaos mavens in open world mechanics.

(not doing #2 would more likely result in a discreet, viable, asymmetric, multi-layered ordering of "things")

Imgur

7/8/2019 12:10:31 AM #5
  1. Large scale battles, huge cities with potentially hundreds of players in the same area simultaneously. No instance/zoning bullshitery, real open world, really MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER. I'm not getting my hopes up for this but who knows, Elyria is a "next gen" MMO.

2. I hope they won't go back on the "everything destroyable" part. I want to see kingdoms and empires rising and falling... I want to see 100 pages threads of salty debate on the forums because kingdom X wiped out kingdom Y and it will change the face of the server forever. Life is Feudal burned me hard on this one with the way they changed the Claim mechanics.

7/8/2019 8:07:05 AM #6
  1. I want to see a good, in-depth character creation system. Since we won't really be able to change anything once we hit the confirm button, I think there should be loads of tools to make sure everything is in order before committing. Stuff like changing the lighting, previewing how we'll look at different ages, and cycling through various animations and poses (a lot of eastern MMOs get this right.)

2. I worry about animations, because I've seen very few games (let alone MMOs) get them right. I don't care how pretty your world is, or how intricate the ecosystems and economy are. If it doesn't look good in motion, the world will feel clunky at best and totally lifeless at worst.

Referral Code: 912EC9

7/8/2019 11:03:28 AM #7
  1. viable AI that really is able to run the world without players AND creates interesting stories

2. giving attackers too easy methods to tear down anything. A battle against a fortified settlement should not be about roughly equal numbers, as it is in so many games, where the fortification isn't really an advantage. a few people with same skill inside of a well-built fortification should be able to prevent many more attackers from destroying it easily.

Friend Code: 30EF47

7/8/2019 1:49:15 PM #8

1 Provide a in-depth combat mechanic that allows for a real skill curve, where experience and skill is more important than gear and what animations are controlling your character.

2 That the devs and player base don't fall victim to the Carebear army, and ruins the opportunity for open world PvP and caravan raids. So we are allowed to behave and operate as players chose too in the world of Elyria.

(2b. That we don't get a root motion\ lock in place combat system.)

7/8/2019 2:15:57 PM #9
  1. Sticking with the no requirement of story arc before being able to really start playing the game, Like not requiring missions before we play.

2. I don't want to see bloodlust become an actual thing it will ruin the game as battles will last forever and just be stupid, so for the love of god bloodlust must die.

The Keshi family, is intend on bringing democracy and economic stability to Elyria.

7/9/2019 7:56:14 AM #10
  1. The Story Engine provides epic level play on a close reoccurring basis, to such a degree that if one misses the cues of one story, it won't be too long before another one pops up.

2. Cave to the Politically Correct / Social Justice Warrior crowd. The phrase "go woke, go broke" exists for a reason. The PC/SJW people can be loud in their complaints, but they aren't the customer base. Don't alienate the customer base or another Battlefield V will happen.

7/9/2019 8:15:12 AM #11
  1. refunds
  2. close the studio and be gone with the wind before they do refunds

It's dead, Jim.

7/9/2019 10:20:30 AM #12

I don’t want to be the one, but I’ll be the one:

1) actually release a game

2) go bankrupt

7/9/2019 1:43:32 PM #13

Please do not use this discussion to complain about SBS, the Devs, release dates, etc. This is supposed to be about things in CoE itself. Not about your real life issues with the Devs or SBS.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

7/10/2019 4:53:48 AM #14
  1. Seeing the fantasy elements of Elyria become fantastical. I would love to watch in awe as the more supernatural and fantasy elements just brush past me as if they were always there.

2. I do not want the community to devolve into a PvP fest. I like PvP like the rest of them but I won't be able to enjoy this game if it is turned into a PvP only environment from other players.

7/10/2019 10:42:03 PM #15

Posted By Ryudo at 06:53 AM - Wed Jul 10 2019

1. Seeing the fantasy elements of Elyria become fantastical. I would love to watch in awe as the more supernatural and fantasy elements just brush past me as if they were always there.

2. I do not want the community to devolve into a PvP fest. I like PvP like the rest of them but I won't be able to enjoy this game if it is turned into a PvP only environment from other players.

Carebear confirmed!