COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Will there be a country specific prices for Elyria

Hi,

I wanted to ask about price in Elyria i do know that it isnt too much money for most of eu players but in Turkey our wage is less than 400 Dollar. Will there be a country specific prices like in steam ?

Well i can save money since there is so many time for alpha,but i would like to play with my friends and others from my country.

Also one last question what is the predicted time for alpha is it this year or next year ?

Also i know that its not fair people who paid more than us to play gets the same right with us but i want to say that "I cant even pay my university price so even a cheapest package is hard to buy for others in Turkey "

7/1/2019 4:54:01 PM #1

Hello, TZAce. There was nothing said, by now, about country specific prices, and is almost certain that it will not be.

If you, and your friends, can not afford the Elyrian package you can join the group „Elyrian Assistance Program”, on discord. They donate packages for those that do not afford them (I got one from them). If you contact me on discord I can send you an invite (my name is the same as here).

About Alpha release, we don not know yet. We can speculate but it does not help.

Respect and trust!

7/1/2019 8:16:24 PM #2

What is that you want to do in the game?

7/1/2019 8:34:23 PM #3

I agree with you my friend. I'm in the same situation with you. It's not that possible to afford a game like this for us without a regional pricing policy. Hope, devs take into account us when they release the game.

7/1/2019 9:43:32 PM #4

Posted By Server at 11:16 PM - Mon Jul 01 2019

What is that you want to do in the game?

I want to be able to play the game with others in my country. Even though i can save a money for a cheapest package in 2 months (well i still need to pay bills ) i think there will be a lot more players who cant thats why i wanted to ask about it.

7/1/2019 9:46:11 PM #5

I think when the game is closer to release there might be regional pricing but as it stands right now there is not.

7/1/2019 11:04:11 PM #6

There's a scale of supply/demand that applies here. The price of the game needs to be low enough that people can afford to play. It also needs to be high enough that the devs can afford to keep the game running. Lowering the price brings in more people, and raising it brings in less. There is a sweetspot "somewhere" that results in the highest amount brought in, which I do not have the numbers to figure out.

That being said, I don't think it's likely that the total pricepoint of the game will be different in different locations. If local currencies were converted to USD it will likely more or less match. Since once the game is launched the intention is for everyone to start at roughly equivalent beginning points, selling that beginning point at different prices for different people feels like it would cause problems for the devs income.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

7/2/2019 2:19:04 AM #7

Oh, another idea, free packages has been given out previously through web event : The Searing Plague.

Therefore, it would be wise for OP to keep an eye on what future events SBS may come up with. I am pretty optimistic that there will be at least another event that gives out free accounts.

Though that will just usually save you the box cost and the first spark of life for you. You will still have to pay for subsequent sparks.

BTW, you still got a lot of time to save up mate XD

@BioRules In economics, the idea in your first paragraph is called elasticity of demand. However, in reality the demand curve for the whole market for COE (anything) is always shifting, ie the theoretical "sweet spot" is changing all the time. While SBS is not expected to change pricing every month / week, so this "sweetspot" can never be hit constantly.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

7/2/2019 3:34:22 AM #8

its going to cost $30-45 a year to play, pretty cheap for subscription games go per year, I do not see the price point as the problem but the currency conversion to USD.

7/2/2019 9:18:09 AM #9

Posted By LordMayorMatt at 7/2/2019 3:34:22 AM

its going to cost $30-45 a year to play, pretty cheap for subscription games go per year, I do not see the price point as the problem but the currency conversion to USD.

Well thats is actually not right. All electronic and games cost same for us (well its different story if you buy it from steam they reduce the price in there ) but salary for workers is low. So right now my salary is 450 Dolar(monthly of course) for working 47 hour week. But we have a almost same price for electric and water with europe that means its really hard to save while paying bills and buying food (food is cheaper btw but not much )

7/3/2019 2:11:25 AM #10

The price to play the game is low compared to the price to buy a computer that is powerful enough to play the game, at least in the USA. I assume computer prices are comparable in dollars across the world, because they are almost all made in the same countries. If that is so, then if you you can afford such a computer, you will probably be able to afford a basic package and one to two sparks a year.