COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
What can you teach in schools?

For example can i have one school but it teaches say alchemy and fight? Kinda like different subjects in school or is it one school one thing the whole school teaches.

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF

7/1/2019 9:09:28 PM #1

Yeah you bet. A school is considered an "Organization" (what we might call "Guilds" in other games) and has its own structure, rules and settings, and it's own lessons crafted by the characters running them. Though to teach a skill, mastery of the skill is required.

7/1/2019 9:44:27 PM #2

We don't know if schools will be very specialized or very broad. I guess we will have to wait to see the finalized mechanics.

7/1/2019 11:07:52 PM #3

What seems simplest (and therefore most likely to me) is that a school more or less applies a "tag" to people that join it. You would join a school in a manner similar to how you would join a guild in a different MMO. Once you are a member of a school you gain access to it's owned areas and resources. What you could learn would be determined by the resources the school has available (books, people with the skill to teach a skill, practice materials, etc). So it would be less of a "I have created a school and it's specialties are A B and C", and more like "This is School X. I hired Swordmaster Adrian over there to teach sword fighting, or you can talk to Potion Master Cletus in the back to learn alchemy".

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

7/1/2019 11:20:33 PM #4

hmmm i wonder if we will have both?

7/1/2019 11:53:54 PM #5

when you place the schools down will there automatically be teachers there are just so many questions

7/2/2019 1:19:46 AM #6

Posted By AlphaWolfofthepack at 4:53 PM - Mon Jul 01 2019

when you place the schools down will there automatically be teachers there are just so many questions

I don't know either! Ack! Same with shops, if you buy one with EP and place it during Expo will a citizen automatically start running it or will it lay abandoned until someone decides to make a business out of it?!

7/2/2019 2:11:44 AM #7

Posted By LordMayorMatt at 2:44 PM - Mon Jul 01 2019

We don't know if schools will be very specialized or very broad. I guess we will have to wait to see the finalized mechanics.

Caveat: Discussion from Discord and so can change

We know that 1 school can teach different skills.... so does that mean the 1 school in my town could teach blacksmithing and cooking and alchemy all in the same school?
5 JUL 18 D-CCR

Yep.

7/2/2019 2:13:48 AM #8

Posted By AlphaWolfofthepack at 6:53 PM - Mon Jul 01 2019

We don't know how it will work during exposition. it might spawn an npc don't i have my doubts.

at the very least it is pretty much guaranteed that after exposition it wouldn't spawn an npc since a school building is just a structure, anything can be called a school. and nothing is going to just spawn in after exposition. if you want to have a teacher npc then that npc would have to have already existed and be convinced to teach at your school.

7/2/2019 3:35:34 AM #9

You can purchase NPCs during expo to man shops or schools etc

7/2/2019 5:06:39 AM #10

Posted By LordMayorMatt at 8:35 PM - Mon Jul 01 2019

You can purchase NPCs during expo to man shops or schools etc

Do you have a link because the EP store list I have does not show that.