COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Event] (Draw your Sword!)

Brought to you by the Free Mann Tavern (NA-E)

Bi-Weekly Event (7/01/2019)-(7/15/2019)

[Event] Draw your Sword!

The contest is Sharp!

As adventurers ,and travelers in Elyria's wild lands having a good weapon can be the matter of life ,and death. To no surprise out there the sword is the one that is carried most often. Due to it's sharp or dull blade ,and varying lengths whether climbing down in the depths of a dungeon or fighting in farm-lands the noble sword has defended many people from commoner to nobility. Whether a choice of hilts through master-work engravings swords are some of the most customizable weapons that have appeared throughout our short history.

The goal of this contest is to draw your sword! (Literally).

The drawings will be judged based on creativity,and usability in combat by tavern staff.

To Participate Submit Entries in this post.

🍺Each participant must share there picture of there drawn sword in the forum post below!

🍺 There is no limit to your customization.

🍺The drawer of the sword judged best on the criteria will be rewarded!

🍺Art can be drawn on any medium. Pencil/Digital/Pen/Ms Paint. All are welcome!

🍺The event will end on July 15th, 2019, 00:00 EST!

🍺If you don't have enough influence to post a picture just post a link!

🍺All Kingdoms/ Servers can participate

Quick Tutorial on image posting via Forums

Type in ![] (Insert Link here)

Without any spaces to post a picture. For ex.

![]

(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/366615645183279105/595391314930040842/sword_ex.png)

Would be

Prizes!

1st Prize: Elyrian Gift Card (30$)

2nd Prize: (10) x Cracked Brass Cross-guard

Participation Prize: Lost-Vault Goodies!

(Prizes ,and winners will be announced within three days after the event. Winners will be announced on the forums ,and notified through forum mail.)

Rules

⦁ One Entry per (Player/Account)You can Participate in the other events!

⦁ Your work must be original. Any form of plagiarism is not allowed.

Failing to comply with these rules will make you DISQUALIFIED.

Click here for more information about the Tavern

Good luck All!

7/2/2019 11:27:32 PM #1

I present my humble submission:

7/3/2019 3:47:55 AM #2

7/4/2019 5:57:47 PM #3

Respect and trust!

7/5/2019 7:35:51 AM #4

The fan made swords looks pretty awesome :D

7/6/2019 12:30:32 AM #5

7/6/2019 2:01:16 AM #6

Drawing swords?! That's my jam, first thing I did when I got home was make an entry <3

7/6/2019 11:24:00 AM #7

I am no artist but here comes

the traveler's best friend

At first sight it looks like a traveling staff of 145 cm long with a metal knob of 5 cm at each side, the upper knob with a little ring on top.

Along the length of the staff are several large metal ring, one 16cm from the end of the top knob, an other one 70 cm further down the staff, then again 16 cm further, then 6 cm away. All those are screw-able detachable parts.

The first part is the handle of a hidden sword blade, 70 cm long. The blade has a folded guard held in place along the blade while sheathed in the wooden scabbard, that spring into position once released, held in place by a pin system. The metal knob that act as pommel for the sword can be detached. It is a two part device, the top part is a compass, the core of the knob is an ink well, the screw that attach the knob to the sword handle is also the stopper of the ink bottle.

If the compass is removed from the knob, the sword can be screwed to the staff to act as the blade of a spear, turning it into a 70 cm blade on top of a 140 cm shaft (numbers are off on the drawing, counted the sword handle twice and forgot to draw it :().

The third and fourth part are a knife and its scabbard, the knife has a blade 17 cm long and a handle of 7 cm, on side of the blade is serrated to act as a saw. In the knife's handle there is a corkscrew that can be detached, to open bottles.

The las part is a 20 cm long tube attached to the bottom knob. The tube house two sheets of parchment, a quill, two extra nibs, three hooks, a line and a thread reel, two needles of small pouch of tinder and a lighter. The bottom knob is an other ink well.

The ring on top of the top knob is used to tied the fishing line to the staff to turn it into a fishing rod.

7/7/2019 6:26:29 PM #8

I am blown away by the thought that must have gone into that work @markof.

I plan on playing a kypiq, and now I really want to make/have that in the game (if possible). I like the sound of a "Markof staff", so I hope that it will be a thing =)

Good luck to all contestants! Looking good so far, so I am sure the winners will deserve their prizes =)

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” /Neil Gaiman

"Be good. That way you can inspire others to be good too. If not anything else, you have been good and that is one more person than it would have been without you." (My own)

7/8/2019 12:25:31 AM #9

I call it the "Big Bad Cutlass", I added a banana for size reference.

7/8/2019 7:18:40 PM #10

I love my piece but I'm not good with the file exporting so kind of turned out lame :/

BF3AB9 ?

7/15/2019 5:04:50 AM #11

The event has ended ,and the results will be announced within the next three days!

Prizes for the winners ,and Event messages will be sent to all participants.

Thanks for joining in for the Bi-Weekly Event!

-FreeMann Tavern

7/16/2019 1:09:48 AM #12

Doh didnt refresh the page and was too late. Oh well it was fun anyhow :).

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

7/16/2019 2:05:31 AM #13

https://imgur.com/a/0KJJzVJ

I’m not that good but I really just wanted put something here anyway. Cause I realized that im late on this but I also suck and dont know what im doing lol.

Apolinary Ravencrest

7/18/2019 6:13:20 AM #14

Event Closing Announcement

The entries for this contest were absolutely amazing!

Everyone's sword looked ready ,and worthy of battle anywhere across the continent of Elyria! The head one was esspecially terrifying! Heads will truley roll with that thing! Bonus points for fear damage! Some of the swords would fit well fighting as a great paladin of the Virtori! While others truley stand the testament of the Waerd.

Others swords made me think of the War of the roses (That scabbard was truly beautiful) to amazing blades of bad-assery ready to slice any bananas that cross your path.

Truly with these bad-ass swords you should all be winners. However alas there must be only two winners due to the government cutting our non-existing funding in half! So without further ado!

Congratulations to Markof! For winning first prize!

The sword was well-designed ,and proved versatile ,and made me even want one along with my travels. It truly is a beautiful blade!

Second prize goes to none other then...TVI Christian!

Your sword was astoundingly beautiful ,and would fit any adventurer along there travels!

Thanks everyone for participating!

Prize will be sent out at the time of this post

7/18/2019 6:42:06 AM #15

Thank you. :)

Respect and trust!