COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
IS hurricane coming? Playing the game this year.

At the beginning of this year Сaspian said something like this: "The hurricane is coming" meaning (I hope) that the game will have significant progress this year.

Now, after 2/3 of the year have passed I'd like to know if hurricane is on it's way.

Or we just have "another year of foundation" © by Caspian?

I don't expect the game to be in alpha this year. But I really think that we should AT LEAST get access to that low poly version of Elyria in 2019.

If we won't - that will be just ridiculous.

But I still have faith in SS, at least till the end of the year.

8/14/2019 9:10:28 PM #1

I agree there is a lack of progress and a lot of fluffy words. In my own opinion i doubt they will give us access to anything in 2019.

If we look at the track record there is not much hope i mean they said they were ready to go with D&SS selection first in December but opted to wait due to holidays.

8 Months later it is not even done, so how ready is really the Pre-Elyria client? All we really seen are small demos recorded in engine. We have not actually seen a working client. My impression is that they may exaggerate a bit to make things seem further along than they are at times.

If you don't want to be disappointed then dont expect anything.

8/14/2019 10:23:47 PM #2

Let’s just hope DSS was the most complicated part of the games development.

8/15/2019 7:41:43 AM #3

I think the hurricane referred to a lot of new things being announced. In a slightly different sense, it could refer to massive destruction of plans and target dates. Interpreted in the latter sense, it seems that it is happening now and has been for several months.

I disagree with Watru's opinion that there has been a lack of progress, because I find in the evidence signs of progress and I know something about the technical difficulty of that progress.

I do not assume that world generation was either the most complicated or the most difficult part of CoE's development. I can mention several design features that, in the scope and extent sought by SBS, are likely to be at least as complex and difficult. I won't mention them, because the time to piss and moan about the time they are taking has not yet arrived. I will say that I would not be nearly as interested in the game were those features not as aggressively ambitious as they are.

8/15/2019 8:40:55 AM #4

Posted By odd fella at 08:23 AM - Thu Aug 15 2019

Let’s just hope DSS was the most complicated part of the games development.

Fat chance there. I do hope we do see Pre-Elyria before the year is out. But depending when DSS finishes plus all the promos after it. It's looking more and more unlikely as time goes by.

8/15/2019 8:56:49 AM #5

Wasn’t it something like “we are the storm” I remember them saying it would be a slow boil at first then after may would get intense.

I see no storm, I see tumbleweeds.

8/15/2019 2:30:19 PM #6

Welcome to wonderful world of indie MMO developers!

8/15/2019 3:57:55 PM #7

Always Underpromise and Overdeliver

8/16/2019 4:05:51 PM #8

So what is the latest news on pre Elyria client?

8/17/2019 6:44:08 AM #9

Posted By Olloch at 08:57 AM - Thu Aug 15 2019

That's not the American Way. Under-promising does not garner enough financial support to make any delivery possible.

8/18/2019 2:23:50 AM #10

Posted By Olloch at 11:57 AM - Thu Aug 15 2019

Opposite of what SBS has done to date? Good plan.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

8/18/2019 2:28:34 AM #11

Posted By Poldano at 4:44 PM - Sat Aug 17 2019

That's not the American Way. Under-promising does not garner enough financial support to make any delivery possible.

One could argue their way isn't working either. Since people are getting fed up with nothing coming out. Which everyone can see for themselves, they have not earned much money the last few months.

8/18/2019 6:13:06 AM #12

Posted By Gunnlang at 7:28 PM - Sat Aug 17 2019

Posted By Poldano at 4:44 PM - Sat Aug 17 2019

One could argue their way isn't working either. Since people are getting fed up with nothing coming out. Which everyone can see for themselves, they have not earned much money the last few months.

I expect more money will be made once the current impasse is resolved. Nothing new has come to the store since the current impasse started, and it's almost always the new stuff that drives a surge in store purchases.

If I recall correctly, the lack of new stuff is a direct result of decisions made in May to suspend new stuff until D&SS (AKA the current impasse) is good enough to go. That decision was also, IIRC correctly, substantially supported by the backers who commented upon it. What's happened is that the agreed-upon resolution of the impasse is taking much longer than most people expected it to. Such is bleeding-edge development.

8/18/2019 6:17:07 AM #13

I question whether anyone has witnessed any evidence of "bleeding edge" development, but its clear there is quite a few people willing and ready to commit more money to the project.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

8/18/2019 7:01:47 AM #14

I consider procedural generation of the maps to be "bleeding edge", simply because of the amount of data being generated, and the complexity of interactions among those data. "Bleeding edge" almost always entails unforeseen and/or unintended results, and SBS has evidently experienced both of those things in attempting to generate adequate complete maps.

8/18/2019 9:09:11 AM #15

Posted By Poldano at 4:13 PM - Sun Aug 18 2019

If I recall correctly, the lack of new stuff is a direct result of decisions made in May to suspend new stuff until D&SS (AKA the current impasse) is good enough to go.

Well I was meaning, stuff to do with the game. Not more promo items. I'm pretty positive if they released Pre-Elyria right this very minute, people would give them money because they can finally play the game, well more test the game.