COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Innkeeper role?

I would love to play an innkeeper/cook in this game. Just the idea of not being some big time hero like all of the other games I've played sounds kind of nice to me, and I'd love to be the guy who all the local players go to in order to stock up on food and drink before setting off on their adventures! Do you all think that this kind of play style will be available to me? We've heard we can be carpenters, farmers, blacksmiths, miners, exc. but I'm really curious to see what other occupations we can take part in!

3/13/2016 5:03:54 PM #1

Yup! :)

A lot of groups are planning to integrate player-run inns/taverns into their gameplay, and some of us are going for that route exclusively.

I'm pretty excited about it myself because, like you said, it's not the mainstream idea of how to play a game. Then again, a lot of the roles in CoE will be atypical from most MMORPGs. On top of all that, I imagine it will be fun to try and keep inns supplied and constantly rebuilding/upgrading them to be more and more grand establishments.

Our little group will be adding player-made dungeons under our inns/taverns for some "dungeon master" gameplay as well.

If you want help on the NA servers say hi sometime!

3/13/2016 5:14:59 PM #2

As long as resources aren't abundant and need constant care, I think roles like this will be fun. First off getting your tavern built or rising the financial ranks to buy one...or even work in one and then get it by inheritance...(in a good manor or not). Trying to secure famous people to stay their, improving it over time.

If they can hit a balance for stuff like this to feel like Harvest Moon but for whatever role I think it'll be more fun than combat roles for many.

You as an innkeep first get a crap inn, you then spend weeks trying to improve it, secure quality furniture, make sure the land is secure, maybe plant a small herb garden to cut on food costs and maintain that. THen you hire those roles off and start become a socialite, maybe get an offer for a resort style hotel in the city, etc.

There is so much in the room for "progression" that is more social than hard coded. The game just needs to be difficult enough in these activities to warrant the role.

3/13/2016 9:07:51 PM #3

It will of course be available based on what we know, and personally I saw inn-keeping as my character's retirement plan

3/13/2016 9:52:58 PM #4

Hi Kaanen, welcome to the community if you haven't already found a home/ tavern-inn i would like to offer you a position with the Silver Wolves, if you wish to know more on us please click my signature to go to our post or you can msg me

Friend Code CE5C35

3/14/2016 8:17:14 AM #5

i can't wait to taste the different brews these inns are going to sell.

12/16/2017 9:07:57 AM #6

Posted By JimBob at 10:03 AM - Sun Mar 13 2016

Yup! :)

A lot of groups are planning to integrate player-run inns/taverns into their gameplay, and some of us are going for that route exclusively.

I'm pretty excited about it myself because, like you said, it's not the mainstream idea of how to play a game. Then again, a lot of the roles in CoE will be atypical from most MMORPGs. On top of all that, I imagine it will be fun to try and keep inns supplied and constantly rebuilding/upgrading them to be more and more grand establishments.

Our little group will be adding player-made dungeons under our inns/taverns for some "dungeon master" gameplay as well.

If you want help on the NA servers say hi sometime!

I agree whole-heartedly, the concept of playing a character of vocation rather than "The Chosen Savior" is so enticing. I am excited for the roleplay aspect and the management portion of it. Very Excited!

Ahzotal

12/24/2017 11:20:47 PM #7

I'm personally going to be spending as much time adventuring as I will be sharing and hearing stories from other players. Having a player run establishment ensures player characters will be visiting regularly. Real life people go to places that they enjoy the establishment, the food and drink, and the people working there. So it's believable that a player owned tavern will attract much business and commerce where contracts can be scripted on notes. Meetings of different tribes, professions that would normally be uncommon may become very conventional. Yep.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

12/25/2017 5:13:00 AM #8

Personally I'm hoping to become a reputable horse breeder(And a few other mounts of course). It would be such an honour to have high esteemed players come to me specifically for their mounts, and to have it out there that if you're looking for a fine steed that'd you'd make your way from where ever it is in the world to my humble homestead for one of my finest.

12/25/2017 5:27:24 AM #9

Innkeepers are also extremely important information brokers. Everyone (should) pass through their inn, after all.

The more you know, the more people will come to you to find the information they need.