COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
SBS should make a Public Statement about Repicks

Having watched the Bordweall Live Stream from D in which Adam backed up and supported the events / facts that took place about the Monarch Domain Picks....

I feel that SBS OWES everybody a public response to the Kingdom Re-pick Request before attempting to restart DSS as indicated in Vye's post about the maps.

If what they said is in fact true and factual, Then this is some pretty scummy actions by the developer and its quite frankly to the point of never trusting anything any of them say going forward. If SBS kicks DSS off without even acknowledging this, then that would prove to me that the company has no soul and are willfully ignoring an issue that is just wrong.

Call me entitled, disagree with me, do what ever. But.... Right is Right. SBS owes this to the community and the people they have adversely impacted as a result of their poor communication with the community in the last few months regarding DSS.

8/21/2019 3:30:09 PM #1

I have two lines of thinking to this topic.

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

8/21/2019 3:33:06 PM #2

You are part of the problem. You were all up in that chat agreeing with them last night and then here you are trying to reduce the actions of the developers and public request for response into something that its not.

this has NOTHING to do with stone.

8/21/2019 3:43:31 PM #3

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

8/21/2019 3:51:44 PM #4

You could try to find in-game solutions to the problem. I mean, where I intend to settle has little to no wood. So I will play off the strengths of the area (which is stone :P ) and use it as both a primary building material and as an export to trade for the things the region lacks (wood).

SBS does not owe you any statements on the matter. They should continue to develop the game as they see fit. We need to give them more positive support rather then constantly complaining about every move they make.

8/21/2019 3:57:53 PM #5

Ok uh...so what is this about please?

8/21/2019 4:14:34 PM #6

Its about the apparent misleading of the monarchs during the first rounds of selection.

Once again, this is not about the resources so please stop trying to make it out to be something that its not.

The issue here is how the devs gave a good faith guarantee to the monarchs, and then allegedly went back on their word while forcing the monarchs to keep their current selection.

A re-pick was requested due to the drastic change in info that was given to them and so far SBS has ignored that request.

Watch the Bordweall live stream replay/vod for the full break down of events.

8/21/2019 4:34:35 PM #7

I feel like this is an issue the Monarch's can address on their own without a crowd. Its likely SBS has already spoken to individual monarchs and the like. SBS works/communicates rather closely with monarchs; A public announcement would serve no other purpose than to appease rather unnecessarily vocal minorities on the forums,

8/21/2019 4:56:40 PM #8

Personally it doesnt matter to me. But I do agree with the premise that Kingdoms should be been picked after the full map details came out instead of prior. Now people have spent thousands of dollars (not me) on something they completely changed. Maybe Kingdoms may not change even if a repick happens. But I do agree that sbs should atleast ask the kings if they prefer a repick and if so just give those kings/queens a week to repick. Before we go.to dukes. Regardless this doesnt effect me one bit. But I can understand the frustration.

8/21/2019 5:14:34 PM #9

In summary:

• companies must have souls as defined in some ambiguous, personal, subjective way so that I may manipulate and dominate them to my hearts content regardless of consequences,

• favors or agreements to or with companies are loans that may be called due on a whim without recourse regardless of consequences,

• what I feel is right, moral and ethical must be and I will not rest until All realize this regardless of consequences.

Hope that helps!

Imgur

8/21/2019 5:17:59 PM #10

The amount of money they spent was immaterial- it was the fact that the monarchs were told to pick based on information that they were told would be correct. It turned out to be incorrect. And it wasn't just the details in the maps that were changed, it was core aspects of the biomes. Dleath isn't suffering buyer's remorse, he's not trying to switch up and pick a 'better' kingdom, he's not trying to snipe another kingdom.

The Kings were told they were picking the Kingdoms with all the correct information. Now is the first time they've had all the correct information. So now is when they should pick.

That being said, I absolutely don't think SbS should make a statement. The fewer chances they have to put their foot in their mouth, the better.

8/21/2019 5:41:14 PM #11

Posted By mickdude2 at 12:17 PM - Wed Aug 21 2019

The amount of money they spent was immaterial- it was the fact that the monarchs were told to pick based on information that they were told would be correct. It turned out to be incorrect. And it wasn't just the details in the maps that were changed, it was core aspects of the biomes. Dleath isn't suffering buyer's remorse, he's not trying to switch up and pick a 'better' kingdom, he's not trying to snipe another kingdom.

The Kings were told they were picking the Kingdoms with all the correct information. Now is the first time they've had all the correct information. So now is when they should pick.

That being said, I absolutely don't think SbS should make a statement. The fewer chances they have to put their foot in their mouth, the better.

Agreed, don't make decisions (or ask us to) on material or data that is incomplete/incorrect or potentially (drastically) changing. We love to know what is being worked on but don't tell us it's coming tomorrow until you have it in hand ready today.

8/21/2019 5:52:10 PM #12

I mean, 2 days ago they said monarchs picked. and duke week is about to resume. What more of a response do you want? Them to restate the thing that's in the "maps released" write-up?

Let me help you in case you missed where they had a response before BBC's tirade.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/32467/the-domain-settlement-selection-site-is-live#post360402

"The kings and queens of Elyria have already chosen their kingdoms, so you will see those claims already set on the maps from the start."

yesterday at 3:43 eastern Caspian said. "Maps are final."

8/21/2019 6:21:22 PM #13

To be clear on the SBS communication with the Monarchs.

SBS has left the Monarch chat at this point without saying a word on this topic, aside from Caspian assuring us that it would be covered in a write up later that day (Which never happened). This was the only thing he has said to us since just after the monarchs did their selection and there was a delay and I brought up the fact that the monarchs should be allowed to repick due to the delay. From that point forward they were ghosts in that discord not uttering a word.

I have submitted a ticket, I have submitted PMs, I have submitted forum threads, I have done literally everything I can to make SBS aware of the discussion that needs to take place and yet they continue to ignore it and mislead the community on what was agreed upon with the Monarchs or that they even know what was agreed upon (here I am referencing Serp in CoE discord yesterday). Serp was there at the meeting, Serp was in the channel when the summary of terms was posted by Caspian he knows full well what was agreed to and is actively misleading the community as if he does not know.

This continues to be indicative of the studios lack of honesty, and is the exact reason why so many people in this community are losing trust, faith, confidence and respect for the studio and the decisions and actions they take.

There have been ALOT of things they have done that have been what I consider to be unethical, immoral, and scummy as it relates to money and that has degraded the trust, faith, and confidence that myself and my community can have in them anymore. At some point they have to stop doing scummy things if they want to change that perspective and re-earn some level of trust, faith, and confidence again.

My opinion on why DSS has largely been a dud as far as hype and activity goes so far is because why give a shit about the maps when you dont believe anything you are seeing is accurate, you dont believe they will actually deliver on anything that you are seeing in any way resembling what you selected, and you have no confidence that this game is ever actually going to come out at this point?

The only reason people may feel that way has nothing to do with hype, it has to do with being lied to, mislead, mismanaged, and set up for failure by the expectations the STUDIO set for them. They have lost their trust, faith, and confidence. Hope is still there. Hope that they will pull their heads out of their ass and be able to make something resembling the game they have pitched to us. Hope that they have an impact on the game development world. Hope that other games with similar ambitions stand up along side them. However hope only goes so far without trust, faith, and confidence.

One day I hope they learn that lesson, and start making it a priority in the way they interact with their community to re-earn peoples trust, faith, confidence, and respect. Until then I'll continue to point out all of the scummy bullshit they are doing, all the lies, all the misleading statements, all of the mismanaged expectations, bait and switches, and generally sleezey behavior. Because if people dont, they are going to keep on doing it and think its alright, when it isn't in the slightest.

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

8/21/2019 6:57:11 PM #14

I Agree that monarchs should have a chance to pick again now that we have all the information. If we want to give people the best experience and follow the line of thought that SBS stated and are willing to take it a bit slow to make sure they do so. Then allowing monarchs to repick is perfectly in line with that and honestly feels like the right thing to do.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

8/21/2019 7:09:51 PM #15

I see this as a topic between the kings and SBS. If a majority of kings wants a re-pick I really think there should be a re-pick.

NA-E Luna Locked --------------------------------------------------