COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Limited time County Upgrade!

Greetings Elyrians!

Today we bring glad tidings and cheerful news.

Having seen the maps, we've received feedback from a ton of Mayors-who-would-be Counts-and-Countesses, who are concerned about their prospects during the Dutch auction. To solve this, a new item has been created and is now available for purchase! Find it in the promotions section of our online store.

New Items!

Update!

Due to popular demand, we have added the Mayor Title as a standalone item in the ala carte store.

Mayor Title

If you haven't got your fill of Mayor Titles, have never had one before, or you wish you had more titles to upgrade to a county, this is for you!

• A Bloodline package or above is required to purchase.
  • This item cannot be bundled, transferred, or traded in for EP.
  • Purchasing this item will give you an admission time during Domain & Settlement Selection, if you previously had no other titles.
  • This item can be merged with other Mayor Titles during D&SS to increase the size of a settlement.
  • This item can be upgraded to a Count or Countess Title via the County Upgrade item.

Limit: 6

County Upgrade

Upgrade a Mayor Title to a Count or Countess Title without upgrading your pledge package.

Description:

Upgrade an existing Mayor Title into a Count or Countess Title, allowing you to claim a County (and a Settlement inside that County) during Domain & Settlement Selection at your existing pick time! This upgrades just the title, and does not give additional pledge package rewards. No need to wait until the Dutch auction after the main event to take your place among the nobility of Elyria.

Details

• This item will appear as a 'Count or Countess Title (Mayor Upgrade)' in your inventory, however it is identical in all ways to a 'Count or Countess Title' aside from the limitations specified below.
  • Purchasing this item does not change admission time or pick week. Because Influence has been locked for D&SS as of August 19, 2019 at 11:59pm PDT, Influence Points will still be awarded to the account but will not factor into pick times for this event.
  • The 'Count or Countess (Mayor Upgrade)' item replaces a Mayor Title item in your inventory and cannot be undone.
  • The new item cannot be bundled, transferred, or traded in for EP.
  • The item can be merged with other Count or Countess Titles during D&SS to create a multi-county.
  • This item is not purchasable by accounts with a Free Kingdom title.

Availability: This item will disappear from our online store at the end of Domain and Settlement Selection and before the Dutch auction.

Quantity: There will be a limited number of these items available per server.

We hope you enjoy this new item as we speed ahead towards Domain and Settlement Selection!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

... ...
8/23/2019 7:29:39 PM #61

Posted By Duka at 08:36 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Sadly still not possible to upgrade to mayor from Proprietor sadly

That would require something similar to the count upgrade, but for bloodline+ holders to acquire a new mayor title. I don't know how much interest there is for something like that overall, but I do definitely agree that this item doesn't address that problem. :(

• Snipehunter
8/23/2019 7:35:42 PM #62

Posted By Snipehunter at 05:29 AM - Sat Aug 24 2019

Posted By Duka at 08:36 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Sadly still not possible to upgrade to mayor from Proprietor sadly

That would require something similar to the count upgrade, but for bloodline+ holders to acquire a new mayor title. I don't know how much interest there is for something like that overall, but I do definitely agree that this item doesn't address that problem. :(

What about making it work like a layway did? Takes into account which of the three Mayor level packs someone has and deducts some of the cost accordingly?

8/23/2019 7:58:54 PM #63

Posted By Stelaphina at 8:35 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Posted By Miothadil at 2:23 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

I get what it solves for mayors, but what needed solving for huge multi whale counts that that particular rule solves?

Unless this was meant to be read as allowing upgraded mayor counts to upgrade further by stacking mayor-count upgrades? Then existing counts wouldn't be affected in their week and that would be fine.

So some clarification please?

The mayors who upgrade are still picking during the mayor week so it will not impact the Count week. Also as IP was locked on August 19, any purchases by current counts will not push them forward in picking order either.

Indeed that expired shortly after the announcement while half the world was sleeping. Even though it had not previously been confirmed or denied that the old IP lock had been lifted, nor that timeslot changes would be removed and a new IP lock made. Not beyond mere rumours and discussing potential plans. With plenty favouring sticking to the rules that were already made and just getting on with it.

Now I get your personal enthusiasm, and counts can indeed not move past others. But big multi's can buy even more now, this messes up what can be placed in a duchy. And precisely because IP was locked, if an even marginally lower IP count now felt the need to do anything about that they can't. So the whales win even more, nomads can drop in bigger and I'm wondering how all of that benefits the issue that mayors had?

8/23/2019 9:54:37 PM #64

wait so you get a count or countess title to get land even if you didn't buy it from a pledge pack?

8/23/2019 10:20:51 PM #65

Something I was just thinking about. While we can’t undo the upgrade, if we have two mayor titles and upgrade one to count, then decide we don’t want to be a count anymore, can we trade it in or otherwise destroy it and use our other Mayor title instead?

I still have both titles from a tale of two hamlets. I have worked with my Duke and picked a county, but I’m paranoid I’ll get the upgrade now only to find all the good counties in the duchy are taken.

8/23/2019 10:34:03 PM #66

Money money money :)) Money rush...A new opportunity to make some money :)

209920 WALLACHIA

8/23/2019 10:50:58 PM #67

Posted By Tilarium at 6:20 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Something I was just thinking about. While we can’t undo the upgrade, if we have two mayor titles and upgrade one to count, then decide we don’t want to be a count anymore, can we trade it in or otherwise destroy it and use our other Mayor title instead?

I still have both titles from a tale of two hamlets. I have worked with my Duke and picked a county, but I’m paranoid I’ll get the upgrade now only to find all the good counties in the duchy are taken.

Just wait to upgrade till your pick then, or at least after Count pick period. Depending on your server there are a stupid high number of them

8/23/2019 11:40:24 PM #68

Posted By Drunva at 6:50 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Posted By Tilarium at 6:20 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Just wait to upgrade till your pick then, or at least after Count pick period. Depending on your server there are a stupid high number of them

That’s my plan right now, but figured I’d ask and see if Snipe could give some insight. Probably not something they considered originally. I’m one of the top IP mayors in my server, so not worried of other mayors, just random Counts.

8/24/2019 12:13:48 AM #69

Can't wait for the game to come out it's going to be great.

8/24/2019 2:27:41 AM #70

well, I will not ever admit how much I have spent on games. Never. The main thing is, I don't know this game well enough to commit to running anything bigger than a store.

I will not do a set political role.

I did choose a king. I will choose a region and comply with the laws. I did notice I will be one of the only of my tribe there. I am there for trade.

6D242B

8/24/2019 3:22:26 AM #71

Posted By Tilarium at 4:40 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

That’s my plan right now, but figured I’d ask and see if Snipe could give some insight. Probably not something they considered originally. I’m one of the top IP mayors in my server, so not worried of other mayors, just random Counts.

Honestly, I feel like that should just work, but I don't actually know how the mayor upgrade was authored, so I can't actually say that's officially the case or anything. I'll ask Caspian on Monday when we do our morning outreach review though.

• Snipehunter
8/24/2019 4:31:38 AM #72

Posted By Snipehunter at 11:22 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Posted By Tilarium at 4:40 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Honestly, I feel like that should just work, but I don't actually know how the mayor upgrade was authored, so I can't actually say that's officially the case or anything. I'll ask Caspian on Monday when we do our morning outreach review though.

Cool, thanks for adding it to the notes list for Monday.

8/24/2019 9:24:28 AM #73

A couple of people have posted coments that suggest this may give some Mayors better settlement picks. This does NOT appear to be the case as it clearly states this will NOT change your pick week or order. You wojld still be picking the same time.

In regards to merging counties with existing titles however,this does provide an opportunity for high IP counts to mop up more territories before anyone else gets a look in.

As a result, expect options to decrease if you were as already a count. If, like me, you were a count already, your options just went down.

8/24/2019 9:49:08 AM #74

I am wondering if you upgrade to the count package would you be able to pick the last settlement in a county during the mayor pick time? And if so could that cause an issue with bumping people out of an area if you pick the county with say only two settlements in it?

Baron Rulke Fjord

8/24/2019 12:03:05 PM #75

Posted By Oracle at 05:24 AM - Sat Aug 24 2019

A couple of people have posted coments that suggest this may give some Mayors better settlement picks. This does NOT appear to be the case as it clearly states this will NOT change your pick week or order. You wojld still be picking the same time.

Why the pick time doesn't change, if said mayor is now a Count they can pick the Town in one of the several counties with only a single Town+ settlement. The current pick rules dictate that a Count needs at least a town so normally that 1 Town would be reserved and the mayor would have to pick a smaller settlement.

... ...