COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
One Blaze to another

Looking at the map I begin to wonder... if lets say the outpost of Pole Fork on Luna in the Kingdom of Kairos, Duchy of Duskspring , County of Flintfire ...where to suddenly be celebrating burning man... Would I beable to see the Blaze from The outpost of Blackchaste Flats in the Kingdom of Bordweall, Duchy of Storm shelter, County of Midrest ?

looks like a flat enough distance, just not sure if the game would render that amount of distance... or if the atmosphere/weather or light reflection would make it impossible ?

maybe with a spyglass ?

8/24/2019 9:06:56 AM #1

that seems like to far rember its persistent for thousands its gana need to keep things that arnt nessary like that to a minimum

Friend Code: 6DEF22

8/25/2019 3:52:22 AM #2

It's a good question. The curvature of the planet would have to be taken into account, because that affects the distance to the horizon. With Elyria being so small with respect to earth, the horizon would be much closer. So a "flat area" might not help as much as it would on earth, because it would actually be a chunk of spherical surface with a bigger "bump" in the middle.

Anyone who cares to can work out the actual distances with fairly easy and easily available formulas. I'm too lazy to do so right now.

8/25/2019 10:10:41 AM #3

My opinion: knowing the studio attention for details and quality, I suppose that they will allow such a thing if your computer can handle so much. And if you make a high and strong fire, there are many chances to make it work. Still, we need to ask a dev for confirmation.

Respect and trust!