COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Elyrian Package Giveaway!

So, with the maps official, it turns out the settlement I have my eyes on isn't quite on the coast, and thus my settlement name is in need of an update! I reside as the count of Siren's Shore and thus am seeking a name that incorporates Sirens for my settlement. I am offering 1x Elyrian Pledge Package to the person whose name ends up being chosen. There are no limits to the number of submissions, and no restrictions on who can submit a name. I will be leaving this giveaway open for a least one week, after which I start my search for our winner. Good luck Elyrians!

Edit: Some information about the settlement. It will be a stronghold close to the coast in between a small mountain and a shallow river.

Winner: Terham

Winning Entry: (The) Last Song!

Congratulations, and thank you to everyone for participating. This was a very challenging decision, and I had a list of at least 10 names that I had trouble choosing between. In the end, my mayors and I kept getting drawn towards this one, and decided to make it official.

8/25/2019 3:31:54 AM #31

Oh I have one more Siren (insert any other word)

8/25/2019 3:50:08 AM #32

Hangmans Keep

Siren's End

8/25/2019 4:01:09 AM #33

I'm actually quite surprised no one has suggested this yet considering the cliffs accredited with amplifying and directing the sirens calls,

Sirens Bluff

it has both the land feature your near and hints at your not being on the sea so in a manner your bluffing, or are you?

8/25/2019 6:59:08 AM #34

I think Stillsong would be a good name.

In some conditions, the wind blowing through the mountains can create the illusion of a constant howl/song.

The rest of the time, there is no song to be heard in the town, the Sirens' voices quenched by the distance to the shore.

"Still" can mean "quiet" as in "still waters", but it can also mean "ongoing" or "constant" as in "still raising that goblet over your head".

Count Bergr Iðjumaðr and Co. reporting in.

If you're interested in setting up in a naval settlement focused on trade and shipbuilding, hit me up. I'll try to accommodate as many professions as possible, so if there's a certain profession you're interested in, I'll try to provide a kit for you to get started. Be quick, though - I'm only buying one of each kit, and I'll be investing in 15-20 different professions... hit me up.

8/25/2019 10:21:27 AM #35

"Siren's": Myth, Fall, Pearl, Den, Oblivion, Horizon, Symphony, Symposium, Trail, Twilight, Promise, Legends, Project, Synticate, Poniard, league, Delvings, Fable, Bastion, Riddles, Bond, Canyon, Trials, Triump, Circle, Moon, Diary, Corner, Exodus, Soil, Chozen's, Monument, Spirit, Tales, Saloon, Rebellion, Jewel, Center,

8/25/2019 11:47:47 AM #36

Siren's Wail The Wailing Siren Siren's Wreck Siren's Shipwreck Sirencester Sirenland Sirenton Port Siren Siren's Call Sirensa

Give me influence: Friend Code: F089EC

8/25/2019 1:32:55 PM #37

Sirens Song

Sirens Mist

Siren Guard

Sirens Point

Cape Siren

Siren Creek (There is a tiny creek there :P )

Siren's Rest

Siren's Fortune

Siren Coast

Siren Quay

Mount Siren

Sirens Sky

Sirens Rock

Sirens Reach

Sirens Rift

8/25/2019 3:38:44 PM #38

Sirens hole, hehehe

8/25/2019 6:45:15 PM #39

-Siren's Roost (Reason is that classical Greek Sirens had wings and were a mix of bird and human. )

-Siren's Lyte

-Charybdis (One of the Islands they were said to inhabit.)

-Sirenum scopuli (The roman island they were said to inhabit)

Sirenum Mons (Siren's Mountain)

8/26/2019 1:30:33 PM #40

Abysmal Bay Sirens Stout Sirens Solis

8/26/2019 1:36:53 PM #41

Sirens Call, Screaming Siren, Sirens Way, Sirens Hold, Sirenas Tamnica, Sirenas Drži, Sirenas Nastavi,

8/26/2019 3:36:26 PM #42

Posted By Gloomy Teapot at 10:38 AM - Sun Aug 25 2019

Sirens hole, hehehe

Giggidy?

8/26/2019 6:21:11 PM #43

Siren's Dale Siren's Lyrics Siren's Mystery Siren's Fury Siren's Legacy

8/26/2019 8:25:11 PM #44

Here's something a little more subtle, but could be fun to build your own lore around.

Parthenope

I think not being so literal encourages people to dive into your world a little bit more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenope_(Siren)

"No duty the Executive had to perform was so trying as to put the right man in the right place." - Thomas Jefferson

8/26/2019 9:40:38 PM #45

Sirenum scopuli

The greek for the 3 islands where the sirens lives