COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Q for Snipehunter and devs re: starting architecture

Hey Snipehunter and devs - Serpentius recommended posting on the forum in the hope one of you may see and be able to answer my query.

I have a Neran city in a Kypiq county in a Kypiq duchy. What architecture style will the buildings already in my city pre-expo be? Will they be strictly Neran? Or will they be a blend of Kypiq and Neran? (I'm personally hoping for Kypiq-influenced Neran, but that's only because it will look prettier)

I ask this, because I'm sure we all want to start searching for images we can use to advertise our settlements and domains, but that's hard to do when you don't fully understand the starting architecture.

Any ideas? ^o^

9/19/2019 3:02:08 PM #1

I'd like to know id Dras cities a d capitals are also built on stilts and floating, or are wealthier settlements built more solid with more permanent fixings and materials.

9/20/2019 12:20:13 AM #2

Posted By MishkaRae at

Hey Snipehunter and devs - Serpentius recommended posting on the forum in the hope one of you may see and be able to answer my query.

I have a Neran city in a Kypiq county in a Kypiq duchy. What architecture style will the buildings already in my city pre-expo be? Will they be strictly Neran? Or will they be a blend of Kypiq and Neran? (I'm personally hoping for Kypiq-influenced Neran, but that's only because it will look prettier)

I ask this, because I'm sure we all want to start searching for images we can use to advertise our settlements and domains, but that's hard to do when you don't fully understand the starting architecture.

Any ideas? ^o^

Neat question!

It's possible to use architectural elements from one culture in a building plan for a different culture, but by default the NPCs of the world will generally build the way they're used to. So a Neran dominant settlement is going to have a lot of neran buildings, and then some kypiq or other tribe examples in the cases of buildings built by the other tribes. That said, in most cases the minority citizens of a settlement are likely to settle in structures that were built for them by the majority tribe, so those "cultural neighborhoods" are going to be the rarer case, for sure.

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter
9/20/2019 12:42:30 AM #3

So in a city that is almost 50/50, we can expect a somewhat even blend of styles? That really makes me excited to see my city in game now, as it’s 37% Kypiq, 34% Neran and 28% Waerd.

9/20/2019 12:55:16 AM #4

Ah, so rather than a blend on individual buildings, there will simply be separate structures of separate architecture. Okie-dokie, thanks Snipe! ^o^

9/20/2019 11:55:24 AM #5

Posted By Snipehunter at 10:20 AM - Fri Sep 20 2019

Posted By MishkaRae at

Any ideas? ^o^

Neat question!

It's possible to use architectural elements from one culture in a building plan for a different culture, but by default the NPCs of the world will generally build the way they're used to. So a Neran dominant settlement is going to have a lot of neran buildings, and then some kypiq or other tribe examples in the cases of buildings built by the other tribes. That said, in most cases the minority citizens of a settlement are likely to settle in structures that were built for them by the majority tribe, so those "cultural neighborhoods" are going to be the rarer case, for sure.

Hope that helps! :)

Does this need to be NDA information?? I know more than a couple people without XA access that would want to know this.

9/20/2019 3:08:23 PM #6

Interesting. So my Brudvir county (it's very close though, almost 50/50 brudvir/hrothi) is located in a Hrothi Duchy. My county and entire duchy has no trees but the Brudvir supposedly makes everything out of wood. Is this one of those cases where my Brudvir would start to build like the hrothi?

To clean it up: Even though my county has brudvir majority, since there isn't the biome to build wooden structures I would assume they would adapt the hrothi's stone architecture, correct?

I don't know anymore.

9/22/2019 4:06:58 AM #7

No Ineluki, there is nothing NDA in this post, moving to GD.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

9/22/2019 2:55:16 PM #8

Posted By Takeda_Shinukage at 10:08 AM - Fri Sep 20 2019

Interesting. So my Brudvir county (it's very close though, almost 50/50 brudvir/hrothi) is located in a Hrothi Duchy. My county and entire duchy has no trees but the Brudvir supposedly makes everything out of wood. Is this one of those cases where my Brudvir would start to build like the hrothi?

To clean it up: Even though my county has brudvir majority, since there isn't the biome to build wooden structures I would assume they would adapt the hrothi's stone architecture, correct?

I think they would adapt the materials as best they can before adapting to the architecture.

That or they would just contract the construction out to the Hrothi who know what they're doing.

10/1/2019 10:20:32 AM #9

Posted By Tilarium at 10:42 AM - Fri Sep 20 2019

So in a city that is almost 50/50, we can expect a somewhat even blend of styles? That really makes me excited to see my city in game now, as it’s 37% Kypiq, 34% Neran and 28% Waerd.

As a count with two majority Kypiq settlements in the mixed leaf forest, one being coastal, I would like to know what to expect in this scenario. Kypiq like to live in ironwoods... yet I have none. Do they live as the Neran do? Or will these Kypiq have found a way to live in the leafy growth of the forests found in the region?

Upvoting and downvoting indiscriminately