COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Domain wealth

I am sure I just missed this along the way but how does the settlement, county, etc wealth affect the game? Is it aupposed represent as fertility of lands or good yields or is there another way it has been defined to us to explain it?

9/20/2019 5:29:57 AM #1

From what I understand it is the abundance of resources rather than potential monetary gain.

9/20/2019 6:19:49 AM #2

That also the way I understood it. Simply by looking at the currently visible resources the region has to offer is made a basic assumption if this county’s starting conditions should be seen as wealthy or not. But even a currently rich valued county can be in the end a poorhouse just because the citizens are not using the resources or the resources lost their value and on the other hand a currently poor country can be very wealthy if they find a way to use the land.

Basically I see it this way:

rich = easy starting conditions

average = normal starting conditions

poor = difficult starting conditions.

Count of "Wulfsbargen" in the Duchy "Avaland" within the Kingdom "Tryggr". If not explicit mentioned the above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Duchy or Kingdom.

9/20/2019 6:38:39 AM #3

Posted By Schattenwandrer at 07:19 AM - Fri Sep 20 2019

That also the way I understood it. Simply by looking at the currently visible resources the region has to offer is made a basic assumption if this county’s starting conditions should be seen as wealthy or not. But even a currently rich valued county can be in the end a poorhouse just because the citizens are not using the resources or the resources lost their value and on the other hand a currently poor country can be very wealthy if they find a way to use the land.

Basically I see it this way:

rich = easy starting conditions

average = normal starting conditions

poor = difficult starting conditions.

Problem is there isn't a particular rhyme or reason to the wealth statement. You can have a county with a rich city, a rich village and two average hamlets... and it assesses the county as average. I mean my capital is rich... in a poor double county despite almost every settlement being rich or average. By number of population most people live in a rich location....

Count Darothar, Bleak Ark

9/20/2019 12:03:31 PM #4

Posted By Kossuth at 08:38 AM - Fri Sep 20 2019

Problem is there isn't a particular rhyme or reason to the wealth statement. You can have a county with a rich city, a rich village and two average hamlets... and it assesses the county as average. I mean my capital is rich... in a poor double county despite almost every settlement being rich or average. By number of population most people live in a rich location....

Well actually it sounds natural that you build a settlement at the best possible location you can find. E.g. no one is building a settlement in the middle of the desert if all you can do there is shoveling sand from left to right. But if this is the only nearby oasis I would guess this is raising the estimated wealth to at least average while the desert region itself stays poor. ;)

I would say the towns wealth describe the local conditions of a small area and this way the starting conditions at those spots could be a lot easier than in the remaining county.

Count of "Wulfsbargen" in the Duchy "Avaland" within the Kingdom "Tryggr". If not explicit mentioned the above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Duchy or Kingdom.