COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
title swaps

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but given how some people may have picked settlements only to inadvertently discover that they had been earmarked by friends hoping to play together, is there any chance that after DSS 2 consenting mayors could swap settlements?

It might help make everyone's experience a little better.

9/21/2019 7:18:53 PM #1

There will in fact be mechanics to will your title to another player so 2 players that decide to will their titles to each other in exchange could certainly do so when willing titles is implemented.

However SbS hasn't suggested that they will offer pregame mechanics for "trading" titles, and considering their stance on trading items it's likely going to be done at your own risk, and generally the official stance may be that it is unsupported so that if you will your title to another, and they decide to scam you and don't do it in return complaints don't flow uphill to SbS.

Sooo, it will be possible to do it, but we don't know if "trading" will be implemented before getting in game, but it's unlikely imo

9/21/2019 11:45:08 PM #2

This has nothing to do with wills. While that could be used as a messy stop-gap answer, that would cost both players a spark and be difficult to guarantee.

If you read my post, I am proposing a pre-game, and soon, mechanic. This is intended to address the potential downsides to people who have, through laziness if nothing else, dropped into intentional communities and broken them up. This is suggested to avert, rather than run head-first, into the potential acrimony that results from friends who intended to game together and may have spent many thousands of dollars intending to game together, being broken up by someone else's simple lack of dilgence and consideration.

Since nobody wants the drama, giving people a way out might be evidence of intelligence and foresight, previously lacking.

9/21/2019 11:54:46 PM #3

Claimed lands are listed under Holdings in our inventories so it certainly seems like the capability is there to transfer them to others. This could be the "willing" mechanism that's been mentioned before, and I could totally see it bundled with the personas update to the website.

9/22/2019 12:41:37 AM #4

Posted By Hieronymus at 8:54 PM - Sat Sep 21 2019

Claimed lands are listed under Holdings in our inventories so it certainly seems like the capability is there to transfer them to others. This could be the "willing" mechanism that's been mentioned before, and I could totally see it bundled with the personas update to the website.

I haven't picked yet so haven't yet seen that, is it giftable atm?

9/22/2019 12:44:56 AM #5

Nope. I was just pointing out that it would be a very logical place to enable this sort of thing. Whether that's actually in the plans or not, I don't really know.