COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Settlements and Parcel Questions

Kinda late to the party as I have just recently joined and purchased my package. But I have a few quick questions about land mechanics. I do have Influence, and while not looking to be a mayor or baron, would like a parcel or two for a small farm stead. I've picked a settlement I would like to play in, but it currently has no mayor. So...

1) Do I have to spend the Influence to get parcels, or is there a mechanic to simply acquire land parcels in/outside of the settlement?

2) If no mayor/baron claims the settlement during the Settlers phase, what does this mean for the settlement and possibly for my farmstead?

Any thoughts or help is very much appreciated. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions about how things will work with Alpha 2, Beta 1, Beta 2, and Exposition, but that's all for now. Thank you.

10/15/2019 2:04:37 PM #1

First of welcome,

for your questions.

1) Influence isnt used for purchasing lands. Its possible to do this with EP but there are other ways. For example buying it ingame for the local count.

2) Doesnt change anything, except that the mayor or baron is a NPC.

10/15/2019 2:17:55 PM #2

1) to the best of my knowledge you can't spend IP for anything. During expo you can spend EP (Exposition points) but you would have to be at least a bloodline package to participate.

1a) Outside of that you can buy land from the Count

2) if the settlement remains unclaimed by a PC then an NPC mayor would take charge. That means you would still need to buy the land in expo or from the count(whether the count is PC or NPC).

NA-E Luna Locked --------------------------------------------------

10/15/2019 2:42:06 PM #3

Just keep in mind that buying with Exposition Points (EP) happens before buying in-game post launch via the Land Management Table (LMT), so if you really want a specific spot, EP is the more reliable way to go.

Counts get to regulate which parcels can be purchased in-game, so that may affect your ability to get what you want. You also have to travel to the county seat to interact with the LMT and acquire land that way.

EP on the other hand will cost money and require you to have at least a bloodline package. Otherwise, you can't participate in Expo.

With respect to NPC mayors, it could be beneficial if your intention is to move up in the social hierarchy of a settlement but it can also be bad because you can't really collaborate with an NPC, certainly not to the degree you can with other players, so this can affect your ability to pursue and achieve your goals.

Anyway, congrats on getting a piece of the Elyrian pie, and welcome to CoE!

10/15/2019 10:44:26 PM #4

I'm in the same boat, recently joined, bought a proprietor pack so I have EP, and I understand about the Exposition, and buying land or other items with EP during that.

But I also have IP, and can I just verify, as was stated earlier in this thread, that there is actually nothing to spend IP on? Is that correct?

10/15/2019 11:17:18 PM #5

Welcome to Elyria to both of you! Purchasing EP and at least a Bloodline package will allow you to choose lands within Exposition. If you do not have at least that, it will cost you more money to gain this option.

Otherwise, your next option is to use the Land Management Table (at Launch) in your county. Your local Count/Countess is responsible for maintaining this, whether he/she is NPC or PC.

Currently IP (Influence Points) are used to decide the order in which people get to take certain actions (such as the recent Domain Selection).

If you have any further questions, feel free to message me directly or stop by our Discord channel to chat one on one.

Good luck!

10/16/2019 12:18:57 AM #6

Posted By Coinmail at 5:44 PM - Tue Oct 15 2019

But I also have IP, and can I just verify, as was stated earlier in this thread, that there is actually nothing to spend IP on? Is that correct?

Correct. The nomenclature changed some time ago (the details escape me now) but if you're seeing references to spending IP in older posts, it's certainly not applicable anymore.

10/16/2019 12:42:42 AM #7

Those who fail to learn the historical maneuvers of the Great Dance are doomed to repeating a classic misstep. -- FC--96C878

10/17/2019 1:57:13 PM #8

Good Afternoon, I recently purchased proprietor package...but I wanted a mayor package and that option isn't available in the store. Is there anytime I will be able to upgrade to this and pick a town?

10/17/2019 2:42:43 PM #9

Posted By Ayji at 3:57 PM - Thu Oct 17 2019

Good Afternoon, I recently purchased proprietor package...but I wanted a mayor package and that option isn't available in the store. Is there anytime I will be able to upgrade to this and pick a town?

not anymore - BUT you will be able to obtain a settlement in the upcoming dutch auction event (Settlers of Elyria)

FAA671

10/17/2019 6:42:48 PM #10

Posted By Pheelon at 10:42 AM - Thu Oct 17 2019

Posted By Ayji at 3:57 PM - Thu Oct 17 2019

not anymore - BUT you will be able to obtain a settlement in the upcoming dutch auction event (Settlers of Elyria)

Thanks for response that answered my question. I recently watched a video made in August during an event for claiming property... and at one point they hovered over the claim button for one and it gave an option to upgrade and purchase it. Is this the type or style of Dutch Auction your referring too?? If so that's good news and solves the issue for me, I will just wait and do it that way then.

10/17/2019 7:07:56 PM #11

You are also able to use a kickstarterversary reward to get a free parcel of land as long as you were bloodline by this past Monday.

10/18/2019 7:56:46 AM #12

I am somewhat late to the party as well, but that doesn't make me less interested anyway. That said I most likely will have to update my current package to a Gentry one, in order to be able to purchase a plot of land when we start.

I cannot buy any EP with my current package, and I definitely want to be able to purchase a plot of land, when things get going. On a side-note is there any indication on when the game will take off?!

10/18/2019 2:28:20 PM #13

Posted By Jos at 03:56 AM - Fri Oct 18 2019

... On a side-note is there any indication on when the game will take off?!

In my estimation, Exposition is at least a year away. That's when you will have to have enough EP to purchase land and goodies before launch. So, unless you really want to start off as a mayor or higher, you can safely just check in from time to time just to make sure EP will still be available for purchase.

10/18/2019 5:09:25 PM #14

Posted By Poldano at 4:28 PM - Fri Oct 18 2019

Posted By Jos at 03:56 AM - Fri Oct 18 2019

... On a side-note is there any indication on when the game will take off?!

In my estimation, Exposition is at least a year away. That's when you will have to have enough EP to purchase land and goodies before launch. So, unless you really want to start off as a mayor or higher, you can safely just check in from time to time just to make sure EP will still be available for purchase.

@Poldano, thank you for the answer! Do hope the game will be opened up sooner, but I guess I will just have to be patient.

10/18/2019 7:39:05 PM #15

Just for shamelessly plugging my settlement, I have a nice small hamlet and I'm looking for citizens.

If your EU and looking for somewhere to settle I am sure we can do a deal where I can buy you a plot of land 😁

Would save you an upgrade to bloodline 😂😂