COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Tournament of Champions Winners!

Greetings Elyrians!

Now that this year's Kickstarter-versary has come to a close, all that remains is to resolve those few matters that had to wait until the end of the event.

One such task was to name the winners of the Tournament of Champions!

Tournament Tokens

This token was for sale during our Kickstarter-versary 2019. Here's a quick recap of the item description:

This item commemorates the Tournament of Champions, the greatest martial tournament on the entire continent! Each purchase will award you with a Tournament of Champions token, and 150 EP.

Every 8 Elyrian years, the best warriors, jousters, and other combatants from across the land gather to duke it out in a series of contests and mock battles to determine who, among them all, is the very best.

Hosting the event is a matter of prestige, of course, but also of commerce: the tournament brings with it an influx of people who have come to see it first hand, and trade doesn't so much flow as flood into the settlement that hosts the event.

Normally, when the Tournament occurs on Sedecim years, it is held at the Sedecim itself, and then the host for the next tournament is decided during that same Sedecim. However, the location for the first tournament players will see after the game launches has to be decided another way since it will happen before the first Sedecim.

To make the decision, we decided on a prize drawing; we would select one token for each server, and the holder of that token -- so long as they had a settlement where the tournament could be held -- would be selected as the host of the first Tournament of Champions.

Players collected tokens throughout this event, and a token has drawn, so we at Soulbound Studios now have the results! Below are the settlements who were randomly selected to the host the first Tournament of Champions from among those who held Tournament tokens!

Each winner had to have a mayor title or above and have already claimed their settlement.

The Results

Each token had a unique ID and only one winning Token ID was selected for each of the four servers.

We generated these random results in a group setting so there would be no question as to the results outcome.

Without further delay, we present to you and offer our hearty congratulations to the following first hosts of the Tournament of Champions on their server!!!

Oceanus

Winner: Idioticmaddog

Selene

Winner: Retsirk

Luna

Winner: Server

Angelica

Winner: Raindew

Each winner above will not only have the exclusive rights to host the first Tournament of Champions on their server in their settlement, they will also receive the following three required buildings that must be placed during Exposition.

• A comfy Inn
  • A Tavern
  • An Arena

Note: If any of these buildings are not placed during Exposition, the right to host the tournament will be lost and given to another winner.

The above buildings will be placed into the contest winners inventory sometime before Exposition.

So there you have it, the winners have been named! Now it is time for each of them to ready themselves and their settlement for what is to come! Much planning and preparation will be required, but the outcome and results should be more than worthwhile!

Thank you to everyone who participated in this event, and congrats again to all of our winners, may the tournament be ever in your favor!

Until next time,

More to come...

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

10/17/2019 9:35:42 PM #31

Posted By Forsakenwish at 9:34 PM - Thu Oct 17 2019

That's like saying "The Olympics need to be held at two venues"

you wut mate?

Easy to travel in the real world with aeroplanes, trains, ships, car.... In CoE will be back to bronze age. Go and try a long trip...

10/17/2019 11:28:39 PM #32

Posted By Augustus_Aquila at 4:35 PM - Thu Oct 17 2019

you wut mate?

Easy to travel in the real world with aeroplanes, trains, ships, car.... In CoE will be back to bronze age. Go and try a long trip...

Vikings sailed from Scandinavia all the way to the Mediterranean Sea. Rome conquered lands all the way north to England. Alexander the Great basically traveled the known world in his life time. The silk road made trade from east Asia to the Europeans. Travel is not the issue and you know it.

KS Backer #44

10/18/2019 1:17:19 AM #33

Posted By Forsakenwish at 12:28 AM - Fri Oct 18 2019

you wut mate?

Vikings sailed from Scandinavia all the way to the Mediterranean Sea. Rome conquered lands all the way north to England. Alexander the Great basically traveled the known world in his life time. The silk road made trade from east Asia to the Europeans. Travel is not the issue and you know it.

Seriously. Did you stop and think before to write? So you saying that if I have to travel to this event and takes me, for example, 10 hrs in real life is good? In the Ancient times people travel yes but to go from one point to another takes them A LOT OF TIMES. I am sure you got this time to spend in from your pc at home, but most of us work, have families and commitments. We cannot spend hours staring a monitor. So my point is, yes I would love to attend but if is too far away it will be Impossible. If there was another venue closer to my location would it be much better. You and many like you ARE FORGETTING THIS IS A GAME AND NOT REAL LIFE.

10/18/2019 2:34:59 AM #34

Posted By Augustus_Aquila at 8:17 PM - Thu Oct 17 2019

Posted By Forsakenwish at 12:28 AM - Fri Oct 18 2019

you wut mate?

Seriously. Did you stop and think before to write? So you saying that if I have to travel to this event and takes me, for example, 10 hrs in real life is good? In the Ancient times people travel yes but to go from one point to another takes them A LOT OF TIMES. I am sure you got this time to spend in from your pc at home, but most of us work, have families and commitments. We cannot spend hours staring a monitor. So my point is, yes I would love to attend but if is too far away it will be Impossible. If there was another venue closer to my location would it be much better. You and many like you ARE FORGETTING THIS IS A GAME AND NOT REAL LIFE.

Gauis … I live in the states and have twice now flown across the ocean to have a party with nerds for a weekend, Which is of course a 8hr flight over, and a 12hr back. Still made it into work on Monday. Don't talk to me about traveling when your the one who is lacking in travel experience. I was speaking of ancient time travel if you knew your history anyways. Don't be insulted because you are lazy and you're making it obvious.

Not to mention, it would take you 10 hours if you were walking on foot. Are you telling me you, a duke, lack the capability to buy a horse or wagon. To cut the time from 10 hours to about 3-4 It's ok Gauis if the truth is you just don't have the champions to submit to the tournament. I understand, but don't cover it up with this pathetic excuse.

KS Backer #44

10/18/2019 7:36:40 AM #35

You need to actually use your limited brain and think not everyone has the time to travel hours and hours to get to a Tournament. Not everyone has the possibility to do so. Your insults bounce off me has is very clear you got not clue of what are you talking about. Your limited brain activity does not let you understand that travelling in Elyria will take a lot of time. The event will only see locals. One Arena for one server is ridiculous. You will see. I will be there don't worry, as you stated I am a Janoan Duke and I can travel easy. Let see if I can take the Tournament in Arkadia. Then I will laugh...... 🤣

10/18/2019 2:40:43 PM #36

Posted By Augustus_Aquila at 02:36 AM - Fri Oct 18 2019

You need to actually use your limited brain and think not everyone has the time to travel hours and hours to get to a Tournament. Not everyone has the possibility to do so. Your insults bounce off me has is very clear you got not clue of what are you talking about. Your limited brain activity does not let you understand that travelling in Elyria will take a lot of time. The event will only see locals. One Arena for one server is ridiculous. You will see. I will be there don't worry, as you stated I am a Janoan Duke and I can travel easy. Let see if I can take the Tournament in Arkadia. Then I will laugh...... 🤣

So you will be there then? Good, I'll happily welcome you with your champions. The only insult I've called you Gauis, is lazy. However if you're going to prove me wrong and be there at the Tournament of Champions in Tryggr, then it is a false claim and will gladly apologize.

Until then, all your doing is sulking that you have to travel to go to a tournament. Time management is a skill, and if you lack that skill then your going to have trouble even managing your Duchy. So let's recap on insults, just so you can keep up.

You insulted me by questioning my intelligence, I called you lazy, you questioned my intelligence once again.

So it's two for one, I guess I should question your capability to read coherently? As you don't seem to be understanding my rebuttals. Or maybe you do and just want to circle round to go into a flinging flame war?

In any case your issue with the tournament is travel time. If you managed your time correctly let's say you play the game for 2-3 hours a day, maybe less. I would suggest preparing two to three rl days for travel alone. Have a spare day for when you get to the site. As knowing your surroundings is good to know.

You enjoy the tournament and it's events and if you have to leave early for any unknown reason. Make it known to the event host or cordinador. So there you go, you've traveled and enjoyed the tournament. Sure it might have taken you an actual few days to get there and do the event, but look you went, might of had a champion won and enjoyed the trip along the way. Who knows, the next tournament of champions may be in Arkadia, that's not really for me or you to decide.

Time management ...

If your concern is the people traveling to go to it, it's the same concept. If they want to go to it, they will find a way. Whether is a boat ride or getting on a wagon to go see it. It's a major event that is meant to be for all kingdoms to enjoy.

And all kingdoms to try and earn bragging rights. I would hope, that you do semi-tournaments in your own kingdom to put forth champions Gauis. Otherwise it'd be average Joe against knights 😂

KS Backer #44

10/18/2019 3:29:01 PM #37

Obviously I was talking about those that have more difficulty in travel all that distance. This concept of one Arena is totally wrong and Caspian should have think that the distance involved in and to the Arena will be great and many will be forced to remain at home. 2 Arena in different side of the map would have helped more everyone. Me, I will be there because I can, I got a full Duchy behind me to make it easier. Many as not as lucky as a Duke or a Count or even a Mayor.... Only solution I can think is when the time is near to organise Convoys from different sides of the map to the Arena. Those Convoys will protect and assist those who want to be part of the Event.

I expected more from SbS about this Event to be honest. More organisations, like this is only a big mess.

10/18/2019 3:38:20 PM #38

Posted By Augustus_Aquila at 10:29 AM - Fri Oct 18 2019

Obviously I was talking about those that have more difficulty in travel all that distance. This concept of one Arena is totally wrong and Caspian should have think that the distance involved in and to the Arena will be great and many will be forced to remain at home. 2 Arena in different side of the map would have helped more everyone. Me, I will be there because I can, I got a full Duchy behind me to make it easier. Many as not as lucky as a Duke or a Count or even a Mayor.... Only solution I can think is when the time is near to organise Convoys from different sides of the map to the Arena. Those Convoys will protect and assist those who want to be part of the Event.

I expected more from SbS about this Event to be honest. More organisations, like this is only a big mess.

I mean look, we're already making headway into plans for that now. It just took a little discussion to jumpstart the topic, now didn't it Gauis. As I said before though, if they want to see it they will find a way.

A convoy would be an excellent idea, I'll discuss such things with those involved in the planning with in Tryggr and see where we land. One major tournament is plenty, though like I proposed before, have smaller regional tournaments to provide for the major Tournament. Just a suggestion of course.

SBS doesn't need to get involved in the logistics of Kingdoms.

KS Backer #44

10/18/2019 6:19:34 PM #39

Sure will help not to overflow the main one. Every Duchy got at least one Arena I hope. Anyway we will have more info as soon we will know more about sea Travel.

10/23/2019 11:00:45 PM #40

Congrats to all! Enjoy a much coveted prize and hope you profit greatly from this prestigious opportunity!