COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Vocal minority complaining about Prelyria.

There is a "decently sized" minority in the comments, on the forums and even on the Discord complaining and calling out the game as a scam for the prelyria graphics on the videos.

Now, as an educated Elyrian, I know the reasons for these graphics, but to a newcomer, a old uneducated/uninformed consumer, old kickstarter backers etc it looks to them like their graphics and development completely changed/has fallen behind.

Some tips for SBS to mitigate this:

1. For these videos, have a splash screen or some sort of "Beginning text" warning users about the graphics, telling them that they are low-poly and "cartoonish" for a reason, and that a High Poly client will be at launch.

2. Update the forums to better explain Prelyria, and why the graphics are low quality, as well as expand and fix the Wiki's articles making users think VoxElyria still exists. -

3. Pin the forum article/development journal explaining Prelyria and why its graphics exist.

Just some recommendations. If you have some more, let me know Below.

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

11/14/2019 11:20:28 PM #1

Not to cut your thread short, but this was largely already brought up in another thread that elicited a response from Caspian here that ends with:

"I've already started discussing it with the team Leads. I'm not entirely sure what else I can do to make sure you know your feedback was heard. But if it helps, it was."

11/14/2019 11:25:31 PM #2

Posted By Labbe at 3:20 PM - Thu Nov 14 2019

Not to cut your thread short, but this was largely already brought up in another thread that elicited a response from Caspian here that ends with:

"I've already started discussing it with the team Leads. I'm not entirely sure what else I can do to make sure you know your feedback was heard. But if it helps, it was."

Totally, but even now with recent videos its still going on, AND its attracting lots of likes.,

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

11/14/2019 11:31:06 PM #3

I mean, that reply from caspian was like 2 weeks ago (Oct 25th) and we havent gotten a new video or anything showing the prelyria client since then.

Its possible they have reached a decision, possible they arent sharing videos until they do, or possible they decided that its fine the way it is. No matter, we havent seen anything in either direction since this was last addressed.