COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Concerning the recent Lore contest rewards

The post in question

It mentions monuments and granting a positive benefit for the domain it is in, here's a couple quesitons;

1) Would the benefit only extend to the domain size of the winner, say a count wins it, would it encompass the entire county, duke, duchy etc..

2) I hope the benefit is noticeable, would we even know what the benefit would be?

Regards

11/18/2019 7:15:34 PM #1

I agree that it would be nice to know if it covers the entire domain, but depending on how you mean "noticeable" then I don't think I agree there.

Aside from telling the contest winner what their monument is and what the benefit is, I think it would be more interesting if mechanically you couldn't actually notice a difference in game. It would turn it into kinda a local legend that has the potential to slowly fade into obscurity, or when people come visit the town of bustling trade and the locals all say it's thanks to the balance monument that gives everyone luck in their deals the skeptics that weren't here for this contest can scoff in ignorance at the superstition.

I guess to clarify, I don't want to be able to examine the monument and have a ui tell me it adds a bonus to the settlement, if that's what you meant by noticeable.

11/18/2019 8:01:22 PM #2

Posted By Labbe at 7:15 PM - Mon Nov 18 2019

I agree that it would be nice to know if it covers the entire domain, but depending on how you mean "noticeable" then I don't think I agree there.

Aside from telling the contest winner what their monument is and what the benefit is, I think it would be more interesting if mechanically you couldn't actually notice a difference in game. It would turn it into kinda a local legend that has the potential to slowly fade into obscurity, or when people come visit the town of bustling trade and the locals all say it's thanks to the balance monument that gives everyone luck in their deals the skeptics that weren't here for this contest can scoff in ignorance at the superstition.

I guess to clarify, I don't want to be able to examine the monument and have a ui tell me it adds a bonus to the settlement, if that's what you meant by noticeable.

well a degree of UI info will be needed.