COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Frustrated with canned denials

Several selections for surname and town name denied.

They canned messages encompasses to broad of a topic, it's either already in use or doesnt meet requirements.

If if doesnt meet it referring the the broad guidelines it doesnt clarify why especially when by every indication it should.

It also doesn't have any relationship to whether or not it's just straight up taken by another player.

Can you please be more specific, I even spelled things the historically correct way and not the current english version and have had them declined.

12/2/2019 8:59:35 PM #31

Posted By Kyleran at 06:57 AM - Mon Dec 02 2019

Posted By 1mmaculateDeception at 08:42 AM - Mon Dec 02 2019

Posted By Tyrgrim at 7:42 PM - Sun Dec 01 2019

The funny thing is...Elyria is a real town in the US :D

Right, because when I first load up the game Chronicles of Elyria its not going to feel like some other world because it shares the same name as some unheard of town in Ohio. Thats absolutely the same thing as someone trying to use popular and very well known names for their settlements in the game!

You are right though, it is funny that people seem to keep bringing that up as if its relevant to the conversation at all. I bet if you dig hard enough for any name that gets approved, you would find it used as a town name somewhere in the world. Its about easily recognized names, pop culture names and trademarked names. Yeah I know, the response to this is "Valyria what?" and even I dont get that one as I do believe it might land them in some hot water come release time but inevitably they are the ones choosing the starting names because they are the ones that will be held responsible for what is in the game at release.

Clearly you aren't from Cleveland and probably don't know who MGK is....

Lace up, EST for life!

😁

One doesnt have to be from Cleveland to know about Mr. Kelly.

12/8/2019 9:57:37 PM #32

Bottom line? Be creative for once in your life. Its easy.

I used words from other languages I know as a starting point and played around with sounds and syllables until I found a name that I liked. Passed instantly, because the final result was nothing like the original word

Click banner to learn more. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

12/9/2019 4:50:28 AM #33

Yea if they allow a kingdom to choose Valyria then their standards seem to be nonsensical

12/9/2019 6:04:25 AM #34

Posted By Tulloch at 3:50 PM - Mon Dec 09 2019

Yea if they allow a kingdom to choose Valyria then their standards seem to be nonsensical

It's been repeated over and over again, SBS allowed the Kings/Queens to name their kingdoms before they implemented the current naming rules. One would hope that name would have been knocked back under the current ruleset. Their are however plenty of other wtf examples from DSS names.

12/9/2019 2:16:18 PM #35

Posted By Ineluki at 01:04 AM - Mon Dec 09 2019

Posted By Tulloch at 3:50 PM - Mon Dec 09 2019

It's been repeated over and over again, SBS allowed the Kings/Queens to name their kingdoms before they implemented the current naming rules. One would hope that name would have been knocked back under the current ruleset. Their are however plenty of other wtf examples from DSS names.

Even without the current rules it should have been shot down, and it doesn't send a good message when that is the only excuse for it and they are now treating people below the king/queen level differently. With how many times they claim that your level shouldn't get you special treatment just sends the wrong message. They easily could have made the kingdom names get approval during DSS and that would be the only one affected

12/9/2019 2:50:20 PM #36

Just make a name that is pretty much gibberish and difficult to remember or pronounce. It'll pass and gets even praised as remarcable in monthly review :D

12/9/2019 11:12:57 PM #37

This thread has run its course and it is devolving into arguments back and forth about already approved names, and other elements we specifically asked you not to discuss. Therefore I am going to lock this thread for now.

Thank you for participating.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."