COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Eventual Combining of servers?

So each server has a single continent they start out with.` More continents are to be discovered. Is it not fathomable that some of the other continents might be other servers? Imagine if servers tried to conquer servers?

Of course the main issue with this would be the ping. But then we can call bad internet connection as being attritionized by the different temperament of the planets (meaning a Scandinavian army medieval army would face attrition in the Middle East, and a Middle Eastern medieval army would face attrition in Scandinavia)

Count of Free Plains, the County whose focus is to create a central home for mercenaries

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34856/New-County-offers-as-its-main-Industry-a-Hub-for-Hires-Hub-for-PvE-PvP-Organizations-solos-groups

12/11/2019 7:19:57 PM #1

No the other continents are not the other servers.

The other continents are the rest of the single servers map containing the other tribes that are not on the starting continent.

The starting continent of each server is about 28% of the land mass of each server. There is still tons to be discovered and it’s not the other servers.

12/11/2019 7:34:23 PM #2

Posted By Sir_Pen at

Imagine if servers tried to conquer servers?

That's a pretty terrible idea and frankly not a new or original one either. There are already enough fighting games out there that encourage mindless combat like that. Is it really so exciting to have one more? :O

I'd rather CoE be a much more nuanced game, not a zerg contest between servers.

12/11/2019 7:55:51 PM #3

Thank you, Miss Violet for giving me the information that I did not know. Now I know a bit better on the structuring of the game.

And Hieronymus, I have to agree and disagree with you I think. It is a terrible idea and frankly not new nor original like you said. That is the only thing factual and non biased, which I agree with you. The rest i'm going to have to say is opinionated and emotionally biased?

Count of Free Plains, the County whose focus is to create a central home for mercenaries

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34856/New-County-offers-as-its-main-Industry-a-Hub-for-Hires-Hub-for-PvE-PvP-Organizations-solos-groups

12/11/2019 8:36:47 PM #4

Personally I wish that there was one single world but each of the continents were the servers but massive. Currently there is probably no way to merge the other servers if the game bails but hopefully there are ways to travel between the 4 servers via teleport or whatever.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

12/11/2019 9:55:03 PM #5

Yes, all the servers in one global world would be very nice. I only asked if there was the possibility of this being implemented, because of the key word "Continents".

12/11/2019 9:58:48 PM #6

Posted By Melkar at 2:36 PM - Wed Dec 11 2019

Personally I wish that there was one single world but each of the continents were the servers but massive. Currently there is probably no way to merge the other servers if the game bails but hopefully there are ways to travel between the 4 servers via teleport or whatever.

They have been pretty adamant the servers will not be connected in any way. They will each be their own unique world.

if you wish to move from one to the other you will have to get a soul on the other server and start a new character on it.

12/11/2019 10:57:28 PM #7

Posted By Sir_Pen at 1:55 PM - Wed Dec 11 2019

The rest i'm going to have to say is opinionated and emotionally biased?

I don't know about emotional, but yes it is certainly biased as it's my opinion. An MMO that offers something different than the kind of games we've been playing for the last decade is enormously appealing to me. :)

12/12/2019 1:51:12 AM #8

Definitely. I absolutely agree with you on that. I was on the fence about this game for about maybe two years, but recently had the extra time, money and resources to invest a bit into this. This game has some unique and new concepts that I definitely approve of. I never could get into the other MMORPGS for long. I've always looked for something that could get me going for years to come.

I only said emotional because it's what you feel that you like and what you feel you don't like, regardless of any facts or evidence. Not because ur mad, or sad, or something like that. Those are extreme emotions that are past emotional.