COMMUNITY - FORUMS - DEVELOPER JOURNALS
[Sticky] Welcome to the Settlers of Elyria Event!

Hello Elyrians!

We’re very excited to announce our 45-day Dutch Auction event, Settlers of Elyria. Over the course of the next month and a half, members of our community both new and old will have the opportunity to stake a land claim on any of our four servers and become a part of the history of Elyria!

From noon PST, December 18th 2019 to noon PST, February 1st 2020 new and existing players will have an limited time opportunity to change the history of Elyria forever by claiming settlements, counties, duchies, and even a kingdom throughout all four servers.

Each day of the event, the price of every domain that is available will drop by 1%, up to 45% off on the final day of the event.

Featured Domains will be on sale further, with an additional -10% off the original price. These flash sales will change every 20 minutes, but no domain will be on sale twice, so don’t miss out!

While the event is on, normal purchasing rules remain in effect. You will only be able to purchase a holding on your primary server, or if you are new, your purchase will automatically record that server as your primary server.

If you already have a holding claimed, this is the perfect opportunity to upgrade! Remember, your upgrade must be in the same domain hierarchy. So, as a Mayor, you must upgrade to the county or duchy your settlement is in, and as a Count you can only purchase the duchy your existing county resides in. Of course, you don’t have to purchase each domain in hierarchy order. Each lesser domain upgrade will be automatically added to your purchase, so, if you have no holdings and you are purchasing a Duchy, a County and Settlement will be added to your order automatically.

How It works

If you navigate to the domain map you can take a look at the Kingdom, Duchies, Counties, and Settlements available for purchase. Once you have found the domain you want, click Buy Now on the Information Panel. You'll be able to name your domain and confirm your selection before checking out. Your domains are not locked-in until you confirm your names on this screen! Once you confirm your name selection you will be brought to the checkout section of our store to purchase your domain, and any necessary upgrades. Only after the purchase is complete will your claim be finalized and submitted for name approval.

Holding Prices

Each domain has a set starting price, based on a milieu of factors such as location and wealth. As the event progresses, these base prices will receive a 1% discount each day.

These base prices are:

• Settlements: $65.00 - $135.00

• Counties: $350.00 to $650.00

• Duchies: $650.00 to $1,350.00

• The Kingdom of Nirath: $3,500.00

Flash sales will update every 20 minutes, featuring a new domain at an additional 10% off! Don’t wait - no domain will be on sale twice!

You are not alone!

During the event, NPCs will also be settling in Elyria! This means if you are eyeing up a new Settlement, County, or Duchy, waiting might mean an NPC swoops in and claims this domain, so act fast when you see the right holding at the right price!

As always, if you have any other questions about Settlers of Elyria, please ask them in the comments below or check out the official FAQ here. We look forward to you all taking part, and greeting all the new members who join our community!

Good luck!

12/18/2019 2:10:00 AM #1

Greetings everyone,

Below, please find a list of frequently asked questions about the Settlers of Elyria event.

If you find something you feel should be added, please reply to this post.

FAQ

Q1: How often do the featured sales change?
A1: The item in the featured sale window will change once every 20 minutes, per server.

Q2: Will a featured sale domain ever be up for sale more than once?
A2: No. Featured sale domains are only for sale once.

Q3: During D&SS, I couldn't place my county in the duchy I wanted because the only open domains were reserved for vassals. Can I choose there now?
A3: Yes, all vassal reservations are ended. There are no more domains reserved for vassals based on the lists utilized during D&SS.

Q4: Are the properties in the Kingdom of Alésia still restricted to winners of the Free Kingdom of Elyria event?
A4: No. Remaining available counties and duchies in Alésia are available to be claimed.

Q5: How can you be certain you won't oversell the domains during the Settlers of Elyria event?
A5: We know how many outstanding titles have been purchased and not yet claimed and we are reserving domains so the titles they paid for can be redeemed when they are ready.

Q6: When does the 1% price drop take place?
A6: Domain prices will reduce by 1% each day at noon (12 PM) pacific time.

Q7: Why are 2 domains next to each other different prices?
A7: Domain prices are based on many factors, including their neighboring domains. Prices listed on the map are accurate based on all factors being considered for that domain.

Q8: Do I need to purchase a title before claiming property on the map?
A8: No, if you have no existing titles they will be awarded through the process of purchasing a domain. If you already have titles in your inventory, you can use them without needing to purchase anything additional.

Q9: Can I expand my existing domain via the Settlers of Elyria event?
A9: No, if you already own property then you can only upgrade to the next-higher domain type, and only if the parent domain of your property is not already claimed. Lateral expansion, or multi-domain claiming, is not possible.

Q10: What if I still have a title and didn't claim during Domain and Settlement Selection?
A10: You can claim your domains on the map just as you could before during D&SS. The difference is you can also upgrade your domain holdings if the parent domain of the property you are choosing is available too.

Q11: Where is the D&SS FAQ? I have a question that I thought it answered.
A11: The D&SS FAQ is located here

Q12: Is the property I am claiming protected from other people picking it while I am going through the checkout process?
A12: The domain you are claiming is considered claimed (temporarily) once you complete the naming process and click submit/confirm. If you are still selecting your domains, they are available to be claimed by another player if they beat you to the naming process and submit.

Q13: Can I purchase a domain for someone else?
A13: No, domains may only be purchased by the account that will own them. At this time there is no way to transfer a domain to someone else. If you want to help someone, you can purchase gift cards from the merchandise store until December 31st, 2019.

Q14: During the process I noticed the domain I want to claim has a price listed on the land itself, but the claim button has no price. Why is that?
A14: If there is a price on the domain you have selected, and a green claim button with no price, that means you already own the title required to claim that domain.

Q15: It was stated that NPCs will be randomly purchasing domains during this event. Will I know if a domain was claimed by an NPC?
A15: No. PC and NPC claimed holdings will both appear the same (in red and unavailable) on the map.

Q16: Is there a specific time that an NPC may claim a holding?
A16: NPCs may claim a holding at any time during the day or night.

Q17: My friend and I were going to purchase holdings next to each other, but after I claimed and bought mine, the price of his went up. Why is that?
A17: Domain prices will fluctuate based on many factors, including whether or not neighboring holdings are claimed or not. This is part of the Settlers of Elyria mechanics and is working as intended.

12/18/2019 2:12:20 AM #2

Very nice! All good information and nothing new as a surprise! Thank you all!

Congrats, Kain, on your first post!!

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

12/18/2019 2:12:38 AM #3

hrmm

12/18/2019 2:12:42 AM #4

Nice

12/18/2019 2:13:02 AM #5

Wooo! I can't wait to see all the new faces moving up in the world!

12/18/2019 2:16:24 AM #6

This is going to crash the site.

12/18/2019 2:26:48 AM #7

Amazing info. Good luck to everyone.

12/18/2019 2:26:58 AM #8

I'm interested in meeting my NPC neighbors :)

12/18/2019 2:33:16 AM #9

Awesome, sounds exciting. A youtube video thats open to the public would help bring in some new ppl. Just saying you have a good product market it.

12/18/2019 2:42:36 AM #10

How are these NPC mayors, counts, etc that "swoop" in any different then the existing NPCs who already live in the domain?

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

12/18/2019 2:58:11 AM #11

they lock you out of buying that place

12/18/2019 3:21:46 AM #12

$3,500.00 is a steal compared to the original Kingdom prices. Good luck Elyrians! May the Dutch Event be grand!

12/18/2019 3:26:59 AM #13

Really excited for the event.

12/18/2019 3:38:00 AM #14

Will the NPCs buying settlements also rename them? I ask because that'd be a real easy way to tell if an NPC got the land versus a player assuming they don't. It might be more interesting if we didn't know if our new neighbors were NPCs or not.

Tentative plans: To'resk, looking to settle in the Kingdom of Riftwood, NA - W Angelica.

12/18/2019 3:41:00 AM #15

They said on discord earlier that NPCs will not rename settlements.