COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Sticky] SoE FAQ Questions

Greetings Elyrians!

We want to gather up all the questions people might have regarding the SoE event, to get as many of them gathered in one place for a proper SoE FAQ that the DSS FAQ does not cover.

So please post your questions here so the devs have a single place to look.

This post is for FAQ questions specifically for the SoE event, not for questions about when it will start. So please stay on topic :-)

2/23/2020 8:32:21 PM #1

Some questions I have seen:

• Can I buy a town or bigger if it is the only big settlement in the county, and the county hasn't been purchased yet?

• Can I buy the smaller settlement as the count, or am I forced to buy the town, city or capital?

• Does the price for the county include the price of the settlement I want as well?

(Feel free to add to the list, let's help eachother get a proper FAQ made :-) )

2/23/2020 8:40:06 PM #2
  • When the event restarts, what will the discount be at?

• Is there any new information provided by the new map styles that wasn't provided previously?

• Have any mechanics about the event changed since the first launch? Like flash sales, or npc claims, etc.

• How long will claiming/purchasing domains be enabled after the event ends?

2/23/2020 9:25:30 PM #3
  • Will the new maps reflect changes that were mentioned during DSS, such as larger capitals absorbing surrounding settlements, sustainability score updates, etc?

Imgur

2/24/2020 1:34:03 AM #4

What tribe can I choose from as a duke/duchess, count/countess and mayor when picking my domain?

2/24/2020 3:37:12 PM #5

Will we be able to tell whether a title was purchased by a player or an NPC?

How will NPC claims work? How often, what titles will they be targeting, etc.

2/24/2020 6:15:34 PM #6

What is included in the purchase of a settlement, county, etc. and how is it different from the pledges or bundles that were offered?

2/24/2020 7:27:40 PM #7

Posted By Spider at 10:15 AM - Mon Feb 24 2020

What is included in the purchase of a settlement, county, etc. and how is it different from the pledges or bundles that were offered?

my understanding is that currently it just includes the title without any of the title perks (cloaks, crests etc) and the parcels that are assigned to that settlement/county/duchy

nothing else

2/25/2020 12:42:57 PM #8

Posted By Dleatherus at 2:27 PM - Mon Feb 24 2020

my understanding is that currently it just includes the title without any of the title perks (cloaks, crests etc) and the parcels that are assigned to that settlement/county/duchy

nothing else

Hrmm, doesn't seem like much of a value then, or at least not worth paying very much for.

Or is there some sort of benefit of being "titled" besides a vanity factor?

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

2/25/2020 2:07:49 PM #9

Posted By Scorus at 4:37 PM - Mon Feb 24 2020

Will we be able to tell whether a title was purchased by a player or an NPC?

How will NPC claims work? How often, what titles will they be targeting, etc.

Currently there isnt a way to tell if the settlement is NPC or player owned (except the ones currently claimed)

NPC will claim every tier settlement, count & duke. How often this happens is not disclosed but it happens random.

2/25/2020 2:08:40 PM #10

Posted By Kyleran at 07:42 AM - Tue Feb 25 2020

Posted By Dleatherus at 2:27 PM - Mon Feb 24 2020

nothing else

Hrmm, doesn't seem like much of a value then, or at least not worth paying very much for.

Or is there some sort of benefit of being "titled" besides a vanity factor?

Well, just all of the myriad of gameplay mechanics that come from being a domain leader...

Imgur

2/25/2020 5:23:43 PM #11

Thank you everyone for your participation in this thread!

While many questions already answered in the D&SS FAQ address similar questions for SoE, invariably there will be some specific to SoE. So having these in advance so we can address them before the Settlers of Elyria event restarts is very helpful.

I will sticky this for now to ensure it gets your attention and we'll answer the questions that make sense for the event prior to it restarting.

Thanks again for your support!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

3/11/2020 3:35:58 AM #12

Apologies for reposting a previously asked question, but I haven't been able to get an answer yet.

I know the biomes are based on RL earth biomes, but are the trees in the shrubland a decent size with thick trunks?

I ask because most of what I see IRL images are small, thin trunked trees where the wood seems not very abundant or useful, and often only in small scattered areas.

in my Duchy of Kilijan (OCE, Tylsia) however, wood is supposed to be the second most abundant resource apparently. So how can this be?

Sorry to harp on about this, I just don't want to assume based on RL but can't quite get my head around it.

Thanks... really hoping I can get an answer to this.

3/12/2020 6:27:33 AM #13

Dear friends,

I've been away for a couple of months. Had pledged a Count Package back during the kickstarter days.

I came back today after reading about SOE in my email.

Anyone can give me a headsup on how to proceed next?

3/12/2020 6:42:57 AM #14

If you still haven't selected then I suggest the following:

1. Go to the general section of each server forums listed at the bottom of the forums page.

2. Check out the kingdoms to see which would be the best fit for you. (If you plan to PVP then I suggest heavily that you pick the closest to you based on ping)

3. Once you have determined your kingdom/server I suggest going to your account (by clicking your name at the top right by log out) and selecting your server.

4. Once the maps come back online tomorrow at https://chroniclesofelyria.com/domains Select the county you wish to place in (where its available) and claim along with a settlement of town+ in that county!

3/12/2020 6:54:28 AM #15

Thank you very much Lynn.

Do anyone know of Singaporean Server/kingdom?