COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Entertainers?

I was wondering if there were going to be any dance, art,music or storytelling mechanics to allow for more social type RPers to succeed in a different way as oppossed to a seasoned and well known warrior. Entertainers could be hired to perform at Balls and ceremonies, perhaps earning influence for a good performance rated by players that attended the event. Charismatic waitors/waitresses/tavern staff could perhaps earn influence by how many drinks they sell. 

7/29/2015 8:19:11 PM #1

I could see bards in this game. Help heal the warriors after a battle and entertain as well. Maybe like dancers in SWG or minstrels in LOTRO.

7/30/2015 12:06:31 AM #2

That's a great question.

So, to answer part of your question, yes, we will allow purely social activities such as music, table top games (Liars Dice, etc.), and gambling.

As to the second part of your statement, can you elaborate what you mean by "influence"? 

-Miguel

\[T]/

8/2/2015 4:39:12 PM #3

I think Bards, Minstrels, Troubadours, etc... would be a great way to interface with the Permadeath concept by composing songs and tales about other character's lives.  Great deeds, heroic adventures, tragedies, comedies, love lost and love found, villains slain, and maidens saved.  

At the very least there should be some way to immortalize your past characters.  And think how cool it would be to be sitting around a tavern and suddenly a bard starts signing a song about one of your former characters!

8/3/2015 2:36:21 AM #4

Hell yeah... I always wanted to write a heroic ballad about saving that poor dragon and slaying that evil, spoiled princess. ]:->

You know that to fully utilize the creativeness of community, we have to be able not only to write our ballads in text but also to write music notes, that calls for some Music Academy where players can compose their songs.

To perform one would have to play the song on the instrument of his choice.

Damn that would really take MMORPG to the next level.

It's dead, Jim.

8/3/2015 5:37:33 PM #5

It would be great if the music system would be similar to that of LOTRO 

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault!

8/3/2015 6:39:56 PM #6

You'll be pleased then.

9/9/2015 12:48:16 PM #7

Brothels!

shhhhhh

9/9/2015 7:44:09 PM #8

they will most likely be in as well thanks to the fact you can have children you can do your own spot of eugenics.

9/9/2015 8:09:30 PM #9

A chance to become a madame then xD

Although, I hope they'll have dancing in, not just dancing like in most games, but dancing with partners like in the inn picture where two people are dancing together.

9/9/2015 10:13:24 PM #10

Jesters for the king!

Not a good jest, then your dead or sent to the dungeon ;3.

Hehehehe ;3

All in a serious matter >:D

9/18/2015 3:18:54 PM #11

Bards, Jesters, and Troubadours were very important! They provided entertainment for nobility, taverns, and commoners. They also shared tales of heroism from every land. Tales could enhance someone's reputation, whether in a good or bad way!

Someone has to heal and protect. Might as well be me!

9/18/2015 4:34:35 PM #12

So we play a game (like CoE) to be entertained, then the characters we play get bored and seek entertainment?
Will taverns and such really be as entertaining as playing the rest of the game?
I'm a bit worried that taverns will be ghost towns, or at best filled with OPCs.

What games have made "down time" fun for you and how did that game accomplish this?

9/18/2015 8:34:01 PM #13

Well, downtime could include simple gambling games found in taverns of this period. Most of my RPG experience nowadays is table top, making it easy to make a living for entertaining other players. Gambling would probably be the biggest.

Someone has to heal and protect. Might as well be me!