COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Should Magic be a Talent

As I see it there are two schools of thought on this. On the one hand it is more realistic for only a few people to have magic. If everybody could have it then it wouldn't be much of a power now would it? On the other hand magic has been an integral part of almost every other MMORPG. Everyone wants to play their favorite sorcerer, necromancer, or healer. I know that I love sorcerers, but it looks like I won't be able to play one in this game. So in short should magic be a talent or should it be accessible to everyone?

Thoughts?

5/8/2016 2:16:06 PM #1

The devs have said numerous times that they want to keep it a talent.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

5/8/2016 2:40:20 PM #2

I know that it will probably end up being a talent, because that's what the Devs want. I was just wondering what other peoples opinions on it are

5/8/2016 2:44:34 PM #3

In that case, I don't think magic should be a skill. If it was, they would have to tone it down. Someone born with magic should have the potential to change the world for real.

On the flip side, their are plenty of ways for healers to heal, they just have to go into potion making and the like.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

5/8/2016 2:45:57 PM #4

I like how its only going to be a few people with it since it adds to the not everyones equal sort of thing that Im seeing a lot of in this game

5/8/2016 2:46:34 PM #5

How about of Player Driven Schools that will teach talents ??

Every player who accidentally open a talent can slowly but surly pass it to others but with lesser power. As first owner is nature gifted those who learn will always have just a mediocre copy of it also it will require dedication and time to learn it.

5/8/2016 2:48:40 PM #6

I feel like this would make it so that talents are no longer special at all. This would make it so there is no real point in gaining talents at birth.

5/8/2016 2:50:31 PM #7

What is going to suck is if you receive the talent in one life, then loose it when you die.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

5/8/2016 2:52:40 PM #8

I thought talents were carried by souls not characters or do i have that backwards?

5/8/2016 2:52:50 PM #9

they changed it so that its for your character and you might get one in your next life

5/8/2016 2:55:56 PM #10

I thought the same ;( What if To teach some one a talent will take a year ? depending how powerful the talent is ?

5/8/2016 2:56:29 PM #11

My opinion is that it stays a talent that only a select percentage are born with. It keeps things interesting and makes individual character development that much more meaningful and not just a copy-pasta cookie cutter from other MMORPGs.

5/8/2016 2:59:23 PM #12

Looks like eventually we will be more steampunk fantasy...

5/8/2016 3:01:40 PM #13

it's me or Steam Punk isn't very popular ?

5/8/2016 3:11:28 PM #14

Steampunk is cool, but i still prefer high fantasy.

5/8/2016 3:28:46 PM #15

I prefer my special snowflakes to be truly special. :)