COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
On the subject of coinage.

[Edit: aparently this was already asked in the general discussion forums here's the link https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/General-Discussion/1138-COE-Internal-Currency-and-Player-Driven-Economy- I guess this post should be deleted u.u]

So, I was talking with some friends about the CoE and this topic came out. Some of us are going straight for the merchant role, and since the game aims to create organic player made realms, is there going to be an in-game currency or will players be able to coin their own?

I'm also interested in reading what uses a custom coinage would have aside from immersion. For example giving more importance to bankers, tokens for a family or clan...

5/11/2016 9:42:37 PM #1

Caspian said in the latest Q&A that there will be existing pregen currency in the game but players will be free to create their own currency if they want.

4/30/2017 6:55:35 AM #2

It's interesting to consider how the value behind coins or perhaps paper money might be. A kingdom may develop a widely used type of currency because the merchant laws in the kingdoms make using other forms of currency hard, on the other hand a tiny clan whom specializes in assassination might give out a special coins that allow you to put out a hit on someone making the coins worth large amounts of kingdom coins simply because of what it can get you.

My referral code is 1AF8FD

4/30/2017 4:40:38 PM #3

How much will the coins weigh? Will it be inconvenient/impossible to carry all of your money with you? If so that means you would have to store/hide it somewhere and leave it to go adventuring. How will you be able to increase the likehood of your stashed gold being there when you return?

4/30/2017 5:00:57 PM #4

Posted By Vreold at 09:40 AM - Sun Apr 30 2017

How much will the coins weigh? Will it be inconvenient/impossible to carry all of your money with you? If so that means you would have to store/hide it somewhere and leave it to go adventuring. How will you be able to increase the likehood of your stashed gold being there when you return?

Caspian said that all items have "mass" (so they take up space and weight) and that it applies to coins. So unless you are Hercules bringing a ton of Gold might not be possible.

Sworn Count of Arkadia. Treasure of the Bank of Arkadia

House words: Arkadia Invictus