COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
Legends of Elyria (post a Legend if you want)

The Sentinels

Tales of dragon slayers have been told of ages, form parents telling their children to ancient tomes in forgotten places the stories they impart are always of brave hero's and great kings and queens. However, some tales are so old and forgotten that precious few have heard even their whispers.

Keeper of Tales:"The Sentinels were the first dragon slayers, first to fell the mighty beasts on the Forgotten Stair, and first to be that which the dragons feared". "Scores of the beasts were felled by the twin blades and arrows, praise and renown were theirs and from there grand keep upon on the Frozen mountains they held the dragons in check and the land flourished". "Until, one day they(finger snap) vanished, their camps, garrisons, and even the Frozen Keep was empty not a trace of them were to be found."

Child: "What happened to them?! Was it the dragons?"

Keeper of Tales: " now that is the strange bit my child". "Many though, as you did that the Dragons had taken revenge upon them, but, when the camps and the Keeps were searched, not a single trace of dragon fire was to be found." "nor to was any indication that anything was amiss, save for the complete desertion of every member of the sect." But do not loose hart child, for upon the wind of change, whispers of warriors with twin blades and keen eyes have been seen."

"The fates move around you, child of Mann, I see the line of blood winding its way through time, it passes through the father to the son, the mother to the daughter, each add there own life to the path, so the only question is how will it begin?" -Seer Vayla Morn

5/15/2016 8:48:44 PM #1

The Legend of the Lich & Succubus

Two of the most feared and hated creatures in the land of Elyria, the Lich and the Succubus. These beasts of the dark are driven by power and desire, for they are the children of wrath and lust.

Keeper of Tales: "The Lich are said to be the children of the god of Wrath, it was from his bone that they were born into Elyria". "Cruel and cunning with power unmatched by any Child of Mann, for they are the desiccators of the dead". "They consume the souls of the living, much like a vampire but, unlike a vampire, they twist and mangle a soul till it is barley recognizable and then use it in there twisted creations".

Concerned Parent:"Are you trying to frighten the children?! Don't worry Petra dear, they are not real".

Petra: "i'm not scared of a Lich!"

Keeper of Tales: well how about a Succubus?"

Petra: Whats that?"

Keeper of Tales: "A beautiful and terrifying creature, a Succubus has the appearance of a women of unparalleled beauty, but within lies a hart darker then pitch". They are said to be born of the goddess of lust, children of her blood that was split when she roamed this mortal plain"."The Succubus seduce men and women of great power and twist there harts and minds to compel then to do there will".

Petra: "they don't scare me either"!

Keeper of Tales: "AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, The hart of a child!, so resilient and unperturbed by a trifling thing like certain death"!

Concerned Parent: "That is enough, Petra its getting late".

"The fates move around you, child of Mann, I see the line of blood winding its way through time, it passes through the father to the son, the mother to the daughter, each add there own life to the path, so the only question is how will it begin?" -Seer Vayla Morn

5/18/2016 5:11:15 AM #2

5 companions set out on that sunny day, fear did not hold them

4 days till fate came upon them, fear had over taken them

3 spent spirits walked away that night, fear had let then leave

2 bore sign and curse, fear was coursing though their vain's

1 companion yet remained, fear reflected in her face

the night was deadly quite now only fear remains.

Petra: "hmmmmm creepy."

Varthon: Petra! what are doing this is Keepers tent!"

Petra: "Varthon you idiot, you scared me half to death, and keep your voice down for gods sake."

Varthon: "Well what are you doing here going through keepers things?"

Petra: "well mom won't let me sit in on the stories any more, she thinks they'd give me nightmares, as if id be scared of a couple of ghosts."

Varthon: "Ya right, you wouldn't be scared, whats that your reading anyway?" (Petra shows him the parchment)"oh ya he read that the other day, apparently its about a vampire."

Petra: "A vampire! my brother told me about those things, don't they suck out your..

Keeper of Tales: "Soul? yes they do."(Petra and Varthon"AHHHH") now what are you two doing in my tent?"

Varthon: I saw Petra duck in here when no one was looking and want to know what she was doing, she was the one looking through your stuff."

Petra: why you...(thump, Varthon "owww!") why would you rat me out like that!", " im sorry keeper but ever since my mom said I could not go to your stories any more iv been so bored."

Keeper of tales:" and what did you find there to relive your boredom? (Petra hands him the Poem) ah yes, Do you know what it is about?"

Petra: "Varthon said it was about a vampire"

Keeper of Tales: " so you were listening then after all Varthon"

Varthon: mmmhmmm"

Keeper of Tales: "and did Varthon tell you about the Radiant Sol?"

Petra: " who are they?" "do they hunt Vampires?"

Keeper of Tales: " I'm impressed, you got it right in one, The Radiant Sol are Renowned Vampire hunters who have been around for quite sometime. They first gained recognition as hunters when the first band of the order,killed a powerful Vampire by the name of Fear, or so the story goes."

Petra: woh, that's crazy! I thought Vampires were supposed to be really Strong!"

Keeper of Tales: new vampires are not as strong its true, but one that was supposedly as old as Fear should not have been able to be felled by the children of Mann"

Petra: " well then how did they kill it?"

Petra's Mother: "Petra? where did you run off to?"

Varthon: "Come on lets go, I don't want to get told off by your mom, for letting you come in here without telling her."

Keeper of Tales: you should go child, but ill leave you with a thought. " The Vampires are not the only Children of Luna that roam this world and there siblings are just as dangerous as they are, now run along or you'll be in trouble."

5/18/2016 5:48:40 AM #3

Legend of the Nameless Ranger.

Born of magic, whether blessed or cursed none can agree. He grew to become a ranger in a class of his own. As the legends say, he went unknown by the people's of Elyria, appearing from thin air, silent as the wind, and yet at times it's written he arrived with the clash of thunder and the flash of lightning. The legends say he was a cartographer that didn't mark his maps, but rather gave them away. Some believe that he lived in the mountains in the north, within a city he created by himself, revealing only to those he trusted. A city that was never marked on any maps we currently have, and one that hasn't been found, seemingly lost, or never to have existed at all. He was a warrior and mage of some skill so 'tis written. Whenever near you could feel the air buzzing with power. And in battle he would unleash devastating magics, from shooting arrows made of pure lightning, to summoning a lightning storm on top of his enemies. 'Tis said he wielded two short swords, and 'twas him dancing with death as his partner. He chose no sides, so it appears, wars would break out and both sides claiming the ranger as an ally, yet neither show proof. Perhaps he existed as a balance, or simply wanted to end the fighting, so much is unknown, lost to time, but in times of great strife and conflict it seems the ranger may appear again, over the years, as he is listed in many old tomes, dating from different ages long since past.

If it has walked these lands, I can track it. If it hasn't, I will find it anyway.

A3D6FD

5/18/2016 1:18:36 PM #4

Legend of the Unbroken

The Old days tell of many things, Dragons, Men who wielded the power of nature as theirs, Heroes who protected us from great evils, Ancient ones who we sealed away, Reincarnation when we die. All of these are well and good, until they come true.

There are tales of a small group of men. Supposedly, they were Royalty of another Kingdom. They would enter a Town, Village, or even sometimes even a Capitol of a County or Duchy, and make insane demands. They would ask for the leader to hand over their own head, or the area that they ruled. Of course, the Leader would laugh in their Face.

But, the next day, the town would have a terrible fate befall it. Plague, Wildfires, Storms unlike any Nature could make, Tornados, Earthquakes. All have been named as their fates.

Then always, someone would swoop in and claim the area. Then, oh then, it would happen again, and the same noble would swoop in and claim the area.

But these are all bed time stories we tell our kids to keep them in line, aren't they?

"The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him."- Machiavelli

5/18/2016 5:12:21 PM #5

Your Splendor, As I have been within this city for some time, let me impart upon you a tale I overheard a mother telling her daughter…

‘Once upon a time, the Lesser Fortunes would wander around like the rest of us, checking in on the day-to-day comings and goings of the people on this little green and blue planet. Well, one of these Lesser Fortunes was wandering around a small province, simply wandering the hills, admiring the beauty of a moonlit spring night when he happened upon a little boy playing along the road.

'Now, children, as we all know, tend to be quite outspoken. I somehow doubt even deities would be an exception. When the Lesser Fortune stopped to watch the little boy in his play, the boy turned boldly to face him and demanded to know who he was.

'The Lesser Fortune, being of a rather cheerful disposition, not the strike-you-down-for-picking-your-nose sort, only chuckled and answered, "Why, I am the Fortune of Strings. I connect your spirit to its body, and your spirit, in turn, to others.”

'The boy gave him an odd look, he knew that his mother wove, and his father sewed, but he wasn’t sure how to do that with people, so he asked,"How do you do that?"

' "I use string, of course!"

' "There are so many people…that sounds like an awful lot of string.” He paused and scratched his head, “How can you tell what string is what?"

'The Lesser Fortune chuckled, "I use different colours for different people."

'The boy seemed confused, so the Lesser Fortune sat down next to him and explained, "My child, there are different connections in your life that will be meaningful and important. Family, friends, teachers.. Even the body you have wrapped tightly about you now. Silver for you, white strings for friends, yellow for those who will raise and teach you, there are many colours. Some may have many connections, many strings, but only two I use once. Silver and red.”

' “What’s the red one for?” The boy asked, intrigued by the funny old man.

' “Why, I use that string to connect two souls together. It will be important to you one day. Your soul-bound. Someone you will be tied to, maybe even marry?”

'The boy crinkled his nose. “Eeew. I don’t need that! I’ve got toys and a stick to attack bad guys with! I don’t need nobody else!”

'The man pointed to the road down the way where a little girl played, "See that girl? She and you are tied together by one of these red strings."

' “What? No! Girls have cooties!”

' “Well, it’s not always a boy and a girl, after all it’s not the body that matters..” The Lesser Fortune replied, somewhat confused by the boy’s reaction, as Gods do not see things as Mann does.

'The boy immediately got to his feet, interrupting the Lesser Fortune "No way! Girls are gross! I'll never marry her, and your red strings aren’t real, and I'll prove it!" With that, the boy picked up sharp stones and began chasing the little girl, throwing them at her, yelling, and eventually striking her on the forehead with one of the stones causing the blood to pour from the wound. With that, her nanny came to rescue her from the little boy's onslaught.

'Time passed and the boy joined the army, because armies and war happened a lot at that time.

'Wars were the sort of thing to do because, after all, peace is rather boring after too long. At least that seems to be the thoughts of Kings and such. The best part of being in an army, after a while, you gained enough wealth, prestige, discipline or reward, you could settle down somewhere. That, somewhere being in quite an altogether different province, was exactly what the boy, now a man, decided to do.

'Of course, when one no longer is in the military, one becomes bored (read above) so it occurred to the man that it was probably the right time to find someone to settle down with. With that, he went to the matchmaker, because in his home province, that was the thing to do when you made such decisions.

'Through her he met many lovely ladies, but one girl he could never take his eyes from. She haunted his dreams and waking moments. She was a sweet, kind and wonderful young lady, what he thought made her stick out the most is she had a propensity to never be seen without wearing a headdress, bandanna, something to hold back her hair, yet brought out her striking, lovely eyes.

'She affected his emotions so deeply, that he asked her family to court her, and with their approval, eventually the marriage was celebrated.

'On the wedding night, after they'd slipped away to do what married couples often do once those enjoying the festivities might not notice; he noted she paused before removing the headdress she wore. He asked her why she hesitated so.

'Shyly, she told him that once when visiting an uncle, she'd been playing in the road on a spring night when a boy attacked her with stones, cutting her forehead and leaving her with a scar.....

...I do hope you have found this tale entertaining, Splendor, and myself ever in your good graces. Your Faithful Servant -Medichi- Yeah…it’s a modification of the tale ‘The Red String of Fate’.. but it’s a cute story and appropriate, considering ~^_^~

5/21/2016 5:00:41 AM #6

Keeper of Tales: "I'm a traveling teller of tales my good bar keep, and for a side of chicken and a cup of your fine ale id be more then happy to captive this weary bar with a tale of wonder!"

Bar Keep: "There all weary because there is an annoying old man disturbing there drinking, not to mention that most of them have just got off the boat for the first time in a few months"

Sailor: "here here"

Keeper of Tales: " Sailors ehh, perhaps a tale of of Krakens or Nymphs or the.."

Bar Keep: "look old man give it a rest or ill chuck you out!"

Keeper of Tales: (sigh) very well.. i guess is shall simple pay for a meal like everyone else" (Keeper shuffles to a near by table and sits down, after a few minuets...)

Edward Hawkins: "There real you know."

Keeper of Tales: hmmm, what are real my boy"

Edward Hawkins: (Edward Survays Keeper for a second) Krakens."

Keeper of Tales: (Looks intently at Edward, a man in his mid twenties give or take a year or two) "And what makes you so sure that they are real and not simply a tale?" (Edward says nothing)... you've seen one haven't you."

Edward Hawkins: (takes a long draw from his ale) when I was a lad, ya.

Keeper of Tales: " let me guess, it was in the Baltora Sea about a day or two out from port Logra, heading west?

Edward Hawkins: (while taking another large drink from his ale, is could off guard by this and chokes, it is a few seconds before he stops coughing) "how the hell did you know that?!"

Keeper of Tales: " My good sailor it is my job to know the stories of the past present and future...well maybe not the future, now please, tell me about this Kraken."

Edward Hawkins: (looks at Keeper of a few seconds) I was award of the state, parents died shortly after I was born, I was 14 when Keptar Mali, Captain of the Merchant Vessel The Gilded Lotus took me in as a cabin boy, he taught me half of what i know about Sailing in those few months, he was a great man. Anyway, we were, as you say a day out from Port Logra and we had run right into a horrible storm, I was helping secure the rigging when a rather violent wave sent me hurtling toward the railing, lucky for me my life line was tied properly or I would have been in the drink. It was as i was dangling there half over the water that I saw it, gliding just beneath the surface of the waves, a great tentacle, white as clean bone, and as it passed a huge body came with it and then... a huge, horrible blood red eye.(Edward downs the last of his ale in one go and then continues) I was frozen to the railing, not by the freezing rain and spray but by fear, before I could rouse myself and call out, not that it would have done any good, two of its massive tentacles had risen from the water and warped themselves around the Lotus. The last thing I remember before waking up in a dry bed 3 days later was the sounds of cracking wood and thunder as the ship was torn in two, I have no idea how i survived but may people think i'm blessed by the gods that I survived the wreck, not that any of them believe that it was a Kraken that caused it."(They sat in silence for a moment)" How did you know were it had happened?"

Keeper of Tales: " I know because there is a legend of a great empire who's hart was drowned beneath the ocean and of the account of a sailor some fifty years ago that was much the same as yours, and now that i have heard your tale it worries me greatly."

Edward Hawkins: (He looked inquiringly at the old man) whats that supposed to mean?"

Keeper of Tales: "It means that something is coming to Elryia, the pattern is forming again and im not sure we can weather the storm again"

Edward Hawkins: "what Pattern? What are you on about? what does this have to do with me?"

Keeper of Tales: "yours is the second in my life time that I have heard. the Kraken are said to guard something below the waters and to have no reason to come to the surface. something is stirring in the forgotten places of Elyria. Her Children, no matter ho old or forgotten have felt it, the sighting of the Kraken proves that.( there is a short pause in which the barmaid sets down the Keepers meal)

Edward Hawkins: "I still don't know what you mean, are you saying that there is something setting the Krakens on ships?"

Keeper of Tales:" no not intentionally, but will is a curios thing and may creatures in this world are sensitive to it."

Edward Hawkins:(deciding that he was not going to get a straight answer for the old man he said) Before you mentioned a legend of a city that sunk beneath the sea?"

Keeper of Tales: " did I?"

Edward Hawkins: " yes you said that part of your 'pattern' was that an empires hart sank beneath the sea!"

Keeper of Tales: "I said the hart had sunk beneath the sea yes, but yes your right, the city probably sank with it"

Edward Hawkins:(he looked at the old man incredulously, then decided against saying what was on the tip of his tongue and instead said) "what is this legend that you have put so much stock in?"

Keeper of Tales: " ah now that is a curios tale but, my food is getting cold, if you don't mind could it wait for another time?

5/23/2016 9:09:58 PM #7

The Gray Man

Petra: “Keeper….”

Keeper of Tales: (snoozing soundly in the afternoon shade under a tree in the town square) zzzzzzzzzzz

Petra: Keeper…

Keeper of Tales: “zzzz...wha…hmmm, oh Petra, how are you, sorry I seemed to have dozed off, what can I do for you my girl”

Petra: “Well ummmm, I was hoping that, you could tell me another story”

Keeper of Tales: “What’s the rush? Ill be in the lodge this evening.”

Petra: I did not mean a story that you tell us. I ment one that was true”

Keeper of Tales: “who says my tales are not true.”

Petra: “I ment one that’s not been made fancy by those who tell them”

Keeper of Tales: (chuckles softly) “you would be hard pressed to find a tale that is as true as it is old, time has a funny way of distorting the truth you see”

Petra: “but you must know at least one!”

Keeper of Tales: (looked thoughtfully at Petra) “well… there is the legend of the Gray Man, its not a very exciting story, in fact it is quite dull as far as stories go and generally leads to more questions then answers, but in my years I have found that those tales are usually closer to the truth”

Petra: (sits down in front of Keeper without a word)

Keeper of Tales: “Legend says that in the mountains resides a man, hooded in tattered grey robes, well ‘man’ is not quite right, certainly it looks like a man and iv even heard that it sounds like a man but it can not be a man.

Petra: “why?”

Keeper of Tales: well it is as old as the mountains that it walks, for millennia it has stalked Elyria’s mountains, and then there is the way that it appears to simply form out of the mists and shadows always to those lost in its crags and peaks.

Petra: “what does it do with the lost?”

Keeper of Tales: oh nothing malicious, in fact quite the opposite, it leads them out of the mists and shadows, somewhere that it knows they can find a way to leave.

Petra: “have you ever seen the Grey Man Keeper?”

Keeper of Tales: I thought I did once. It was in the Frozen Mountains to the east, it was on a ledge over looking the expedition I was with, and then it was gone, as if blown away by the wind.

Petra: “so it is real”

Keeper of Tales: “who knows what it actually was my dear (after a short pause, as if making a decision he said) but if I was a betting man I would say yes, it is real.

5/25/2016 4:49:10 AM #8

(It was coming on evening and towns people were starting to wind their way to the pubs and houses of friends for awhile before calling it a night)

Petra: “Keeper something there is something I want to ask you”

Keeper of Tale: “ My word Petra you gave me a start! What are you doing here surly you should be home in bed by now!”

Petra: “That’s what my mom thinks, but I saw you walking down toward the street and I had to ask you something.”

Keeper of Tales:( He looked at her intently for a moment) very well but quickly, I’m not sure I could survive another telling off from your mother”

Petra: (she grimaced at the thought of getting caught by her mother them proceeded) do you remember the story you told us when you first came to town, about the Sentinels? (Keeper of Tales: yes…) well the other day when you were telling me about the Grey Man you said that you saw him in the eastern mountains, you called them the Frozen Mountains.

Keeper of Tales: (Let slip more like, he thought, and he also thought that he knew were this was going, she was a clever girl, he had to give her that, did not miss a thing.) Yes, I suppose I did call them that” (There was a few people passing them and she paused for a minuet to let them pass, as they did he felt something slide, almost imperceptibly into his pocket and nestle at the bottom)

Petra: “Well you also called the Fortress of the Sentinels the Frozen Keep (there it was he thought) and I was wondering, were you looking for the keep?” (at least she was blunt he thought)

Keeper of Tales: (thought for a moment, now was the moment to decide) “yes, I was looking for the Frozen keep. Now run along home you mother will have me head if she finds out I did not send you home straight away!”

Petra: I Knew it! (and with that she set off back home)

Keeper sat for a moment longer, he had been looking forward to a night cap but now he was not sure that he wants or even deserved it, telling her about the expedition seemed like a good idea at the moment but now…. He reached into his pocket to retrieve what he knew would not be a good letter.

Letter:” Ash Hearth Inn, 3rd floor, room 32”

He sighed and got up, Vivica was not going to be pleased, especially if she was the one that had been watching him the last few day, if not then well, there were bigger things to worry about then talking to a kid even if the kid had amber eyes.

5/30/2016 12:58:43 AM #9

As Keeper walked though the Inn many people waved and greeted him, he returned the smiles politely and waved at the greeters but his mind was up 3 floors. Vivica was here and that ment that she would want to know what what he was playing at staying in the same town for the last few weeks. ( Knock Knock Knock ) he pushed open the door and when in. Vivica was sitting at the small table in the corner of the cramped room, she looked up at him as he closed the door.

Keeper of Tales: "Well im here what did you want"

Vivica: "You know exactly what im doing here"she said in that steely tone of hers and gave him that piercing look she would give to the upstarts that though they could get away with something. he did not appreciate being treated like a child caught in the act of a misdeed.

keeper of Tales: "You want to know why i have not moved on yet don't you" he said rather resignedly.

Vivica: 'Its not just me that what to know why, Haskel wants to know why you seem to have made a nice little home for yourself here." again giving him that look.

Keeper of Tales: "Well Vivica you see, as one grows older...

Vivica: "oh don't give me that rubbish, your just as capable of travel as the next man"

Keeper of Tales: "Fine, im here because there are some interesting records in the town hall that relate to the Ranger and I thought that farther research was required."

Vivica: 'So it has nothing to do with the girl that's been following you around?"

so she had been watching him

Vivica: "She has amber eyes you know"

Keeper of Tales" Really?! I had failed to notice that"

Vivica: "No need to be an ass"

Keeper of Tales: "Well really Vivica, You can't truly believe that shes been "Cursed by the Gods". She likes my stories and is a curious child, hardly cursed".

Vivica: "I would say a little more then curious, she was talking to you just know, I find it hard to believe that her mother knew that she was there.

Keeper of Tales: " she may be a bit...strong-willed.

They sat there for a few moments in silence

Keeper of Tales: "so Haskel wants to know why I have not moved on yet? i supposes that he want to talk to me?

Vivica: " And he wants to know why you stopped reporting in, thought you might have had some trouble, that's why im here.

Keeper of Tales: "what do you mean?! iv been sending weekly reports!"

They looked at each other, then,

Keeper Of Tales: " they have been interspersed".

Vivica: Dam it, see this is why you can't..

Keeper of Tales:Pleas don't lecture me Vivica, I know.

Dam it to hell he though, he that thought that Vivca was the on watching him for the last few days but...

Keeper of Tales: "Have you been watching me the last two days?"

Vivica: "no, I arrived in town only an hour ago" she looked agitated and garbed her rucksack as well as her sword.

this was bad, and it was all his fault

Keeper of Tales: : "We need to leave now"!

Vivica: " You think?" as they made to leave she said " what of the town, do you think there safe?"

Keeper of Tales: With a little luck, they will follow us and leave the people alone".

But as they lest it was not the town that he was worried about, he was worried about Petra. Why had he had to go and get attached, why could he not have simply told a few stories, looked at a few dusty tomes and then left.

---Ill be switching up here starting anew thread that ill be posting this story on in the future--

4/20/2017 8:57:37 AM #10

The Riddle of Cradle and Blood

“Look for the road to the end and the beginning and follow till ancient stone calls you. Find the traveler, forever sitting on his throne. Speak the words of Friendship and lies and wait for your prize.” - The Riddle of Cradle and Blood

Keeper stared at the parchment “hmmm a passphrase maybe? No no, that’s not like them at all” he muttered. His eyes traveled to the knife on the table, it had been wrapped in the parchment, that surely had to mean something. as he looked at it he noticed what had initially escaped his (hurried) previous examination. There was a word etched into the black metal of the blade “Torgran”. From the recesses of his mind the word was pulled and as it came to mind a smile broke his contemplated face. “tongue” he said to himself. but Torgran was a Nakont word, a dialect that had died out over four hundred years ago, then his mind alighted on the first clue.

Of course, the Nakontian nation was far to the south west, towards the Sandros mountains and the sea. He turned the blade over and saw a crest etched into the other side of the blade. It was the symbol of the Nakont dominion, “well”, he though “not everyone can have a working knowledge of dead languages, must be there as an additional hint” there was only one part of the riddle that stumped him, the sitting traveller. Could it be a ruin of some sort? Or perhaps an ancient standing stone? What ever it was it would have to be quite old, at least a hundred and fifty or so years. Maybe he would ask Ezra if she knew, she was from the south after all. But of course, it would help if he could narrow down the location a bit more, after all the mountain range crossed sever thousand kilometres and he really did not fancy walking up and down the whole thing.

As he got up to get a map from the archives shelves, he almost bumped into Sinjin how was walking past with a large pile of documents in his arms “oh sorry Sinjin” keeper said as the man swayed dangerously to the side to avoid the collision. “oh, don’t worry about it” he said I he said in an excited voice and hurried off to a table a little way away from were keeper was sitting that was already stacked high with books and other papers. A few minutes later keeper returned to his table just as Geneviève passed him. “Have you seen Sinjin?” she asked Keeper. “Over there, behind the books” and he pointed over his shoulder to the now teetering pile that indicated where Sinjin had set himself up. “oh dear, he’s really gone overboard this time” she thanked keeper as she walked away. As he sat down and unrolled the map there were several loud thudding notices behind him followed by two very audible groans. Keeper smirked to him self as he looked at the map, then suddenly he froze. His eyes widened as he read the texted above a small dot, labeling a valley in the Sandros mountains. A wide small spread across his face as he read to himself “Falder’s Cradle”

4/22/2017 9:48:52 AM #11

A Meeting with the Faded

this one is less of a legend and more of an experience of Keepers. Promise the next one will be a Legend

“How do you even know that this is the place?” said Vivica, the impatient edging her voice. Keeper looked up at the old way stone beside him. It was and ancient stone, pitted and chipped with age. What once must have been an imposing marker on the landscape seemed diminished. “This is the only way stone in the whole of the valley, besides look ad the markings on the back of the stone.” He shuffled over to the back of the stone and Vivica followed. On the back, there was the same etching of the crest and at its center, a small slot was just visible in witch keeper had slide the dagger in, it had been a perfect fit.

As the sun set in over the mountain peeks the warm night descended around Keeper and Vivica. It was becoming so late that Keeper began to wonder if they had got the wrong place, and that is when he saw it. A darkness far denser then that cased by the mountains. It moved toward them silently, almost gliding across the ground. “So, you have finally decided to approach us have you” said Keeper to the shadow, “Well you have been waiting patently for quite some time now.” came a voice in reply. Vivica wheeled around to face the shrouded voice, placing a hand on her sword as she did so. The voice was not what Keeper had expected, it was soft, almost kind, but Keeper knew that it was a mask of a voice. For a minute no one said a word, then the shadow spoke. “Now” it said as it stepped into the moon light. The slender figure of the women emerged from the shadow, her face was covered by a masked cowl, she wore pitch black clothing that clearly allowed for fine, free movement. “What does a Keeper and his Warden what with the Faded? Surly you don’t wish to strike a deal?”

“Of course not!” Vivca said hotly, but she looked at Keeper and in her eyes he saw a doubt cross. “No” Keeper said to the Faded member. “If you know what we are then you should know why we are here.” As if all pretense had been agreed to be dropped the women’s voice changed, it no longer was the soft kind one she had greeted them with, no it was one that echoed her work, detached and cold. “Of course, I know, you’re here simply to solve one more mystery of Elyria, to go back to your archives and put pen to paper. To scrawl what you’ve learned here and sit on it as though it was an egg. So, tell me little hen, what makes you think that we will allow you to leave?” At this Vivica tensed her hand on the hilt of her sword, If the women noticed this she did not show it. Keeper held the black masks gaze for a few moments, then sighed and gestured for Vivica to relax which, he noticed she promptly ignored. “If you did not want use to find you I doubt we would have gotten this far” Keeper said “so the question becomes; Why did you let use meet you? If I had to hazard a guess, you want something from us”

“Well” the masked women said, “what could we want from you?” There was only one thing that Keeper possessed that could be of any value to the Faded. “What do you wish to know?” The mask twitched as if the face beneath it had smiled. “I see you not as slow as you look old man” came the cold voice. “I wish to hear a story”. “And what story would you like to hear?” The masked women’s next words sent a chill down Keepers spine. “I want to hear the story of The Seeing Queen.” Keeper stared right at the women. “And if I refuse?” “Do you really have to ask?”

4/25/2017 6:33:32 AM #12

The Seeing Queen

“Her name was Ditra and she was given the title of The Seeing Queen by her people because she was known to be a ruler of great insight and judgment. For many years, she led her people and the land prospered. Until the day that the war of Virtue and Vice began. As the war went on Ditra saw the ruin of her kingdom and indeed the entirety of Elyria as an inevitability. To save her people she set about finding a way to end the war. After some time, she concluded that the only way to do this was to banish the gods from this plane.”

“Ditra Raced against time itself to save her people and, after great struggle and sacrifice, she found it. The product of her clever work was the World Stones, three stones of great power, The Angelic Stone, The, Hades Stone, and The Hart Stone However, the Vices had learned of her plan and they sent a great cataclysm to ravage her kingdom. As it ripped through the land she knew all was lost for her people, but she could not allow this to be the end of all Elyria. She activated the World Stones as the land around her burned and cracked. With their activation, the fabric of creation divided, taking the gods from Elyria and creating the realms of Haven and Karcion. As Keeper finished the tale the Faded agent slightly tilted her head to one side. “And these world Stones, why were three created? Only two where used to create the realms of the gods.” Keeper did not answer right away. He was looking for a way to give as little information as possible to her. “According to legend it was required to maintain the other two realms, a barrier of sorts so that the three planes would stay separate.” “And where is it said to reside?” This questions surprised Keeper, no work around to the question, no attempt to trick him into saying it, this direct approach was not at all what he was expecting. “What’s stopping me from simply lie about that?” he said, if she was going to be direct maybe being just as would throw her off to. “Nothing, nothing at all but I suspect that you won’t, other wise you would not have told me the story.” They stared at each other for some time, contemplating one another then, as if her words where the truth of the world, Keeper spoke. “The tales point to the west, somewhere beneath the Baltora Sea. The Faded agents cowl twitched in what was presumably a smile. “I must admit I did not think you would be so forth coming. I must admit to some amount of skepticism to your answer.” She said looking at him intently, “But I can’t see any reason why you should lie, after all, its only a story.” At that Keeper was again taken aback, after all that, she was just going to pretend as if she only wanted to hear the story and that it was all hypothetical. “You may leave, you told me all I wish to know.” “And we are just supposed to trust that you wont stab us in the back as we leave” Vivica said, her voice slightly cracked from disuse. The women looked at Vivca and without saying a word walked back into the shadows of the night. The next day as Keeper and Vivca left Falder’s Cradle, Vivica finally said what had clearly been on her mind all last night. “Why did you tell them exactly what they wanted to know? Are you going senile in your old age or are you just trying to get us all killed?!” Keeper looked over at Vivica’s hardened face and said “Vivica, do you really think I would simply allow people like that to posses such knowledge without holding something back?” Vivica looked at the old man with annoyance in her face and with a voice that mimicked her expression she said, “And that would be?” Keeper turned his face from her gaze, and as he did so said “That there is far more then high waves and crushing depths protecting what lies beneath that sea.”

7/12/2017 6:29:02 AM #13

The Beginning of Judgment

Lighting ripped through the blackened sky, illuminating the trees and the ground around the patio on which Keeper and Vivica sat. After the thunder had passed Vivica sighed and smiled to herself “Iv always loved to sit out sided during the rain.” Keeper let out a soft noise of agreement as he adjusted the candle beside him and continued to write on his parchment. “You know you could at…” she trailed off. “What is it?” keeper asked. “There was a face”. Keeper looked up to the tree line, his eyes were not as keen as the once where but he scanned the darkness regardless. “Are you sure? It could have just been the leaves” Vivica kept staring out into the night “I was positive I saw something.” A crash from inside made both look around and peer into the open door. Standing in front of the bar were 4 or 5 of the county guards who, though not garrisoned in the town, where tasked with protecting it and the road between them and the capital. “It is a shame that your towns charity can’t come help us out this week.” one of the guards said to the barkeep. “After all, how are we supposed to protect you with dull weapons and rusted armor.” The Innkeeper said, “We will have double next week.” she said through a clenched jaw. Vivica started to rise to her feet, but Keeper, placed a hand on her arm, “No, we would only make things worse.” Vivica looked at him for a second and then sat back down “well then,” the guard said as he turned to the whole of the tavern “I guess as it is the slow season we can give to a pass, this once.” and without another word the guards took their tankards of ale with them and walked up the stairs to their quarters.

After a few minuets, the bar started to humble again with the sound of talk, but it had changed, it was no longer joyful but hushed and troubled. The Innkeeper came out to check of her two patrons. As she cleared the tankards form the table that keeper was working on Vivica ask “What was that about Simela?” Simela looked at her with some apprehension in her face then said, “What do you think?” “It looks like you were being extorted. How long has this been going on for?” “this is the tenth or the eleventh time that this has happened”. rising an eyebrow Vivica said “Why have you now gone to the guard captain?”. Simela looked at her with slight exasperation “Who do you think told them to do this”? Vivica looked at keeper and said, “could you get in contact with Narcyl”? Keeper looked at her “We can, I’m not sure if he will have time though, and being the Knight Commander, he has no direct control over the guards, but I’m sure he can introduce us to who that is.” Vivica turned back to Simela “There you have it Sim, you have our word that this will be dealt with” Simela seemed to relax a bit “Thank you” she said with a smile “now it looks as if people are leaving for the night, and after that show I can’t really blame then so if you want to head up to bed ill join you after iv cleaned and looked up. Vivica looked at Simela “don’t be ridicules, I hardly ever get to see you. ill help you out sown here, think you can get up the stairs without me old man?” Keeper looked at Vivica with mild indignation “I not an invalid you know, in fact if I remember correctly I pulled you out of quite the fire on the way here.” Vivicas face flushed a bit in the dim light and Simelas face light up “What’s this now?” she said, almost giddy with disbelief “It was nothing” Vivica said a tad hotly “oh no” Simela said doggedly “I’m not giving up that easily.” As the two of them walk into the bar to start clearing up, keeper looked back out into the trees, “This was the Haverlands” he thought to himself “And those solders are extorting this town”. As he contemplated what to do, the decided that if it had been this long and no action has been taken then perhaps nothing would happen, and Oakvale simply was an isolated incident.

“Vivica…Vivica, wake up!” Vivica felt someone shaking her shoulder and heard the fanatic whispers in her ear. “Eh…what, what is it Simela?” You need to come right now!” the panic was heavy on her voice. Vivica sat up and said, “What’s wrong?!”. Simela looked at her “It’s the guards…”. After a minute Vivica was dressed and followed Simela to the large room where the guards had slept for the night. The guards where laying in their beds, there throats slit. “What happened to then?” I don’t know, I thought they had left early in the morning so I went to go clean up and there they where, just lying there” as Vivica inspected one of the bodies a voice came sounded from the doorway “I guess you did see someone in the rain last night Vivica” the two women spun around to find Keeper considering the room behind them. “Was there a note?” Keeper looked around, seemingly unperturbed but the 5-dead people around him “A…note?” Simela said in slight disbelief.” “Ah here it is.”. Keeper was looking behind the door and, swinging it closed, reviled a note fixed to the door with a small tac. Keeper read the small sheet of parchment “Judgment is always watching” “Is that it?” Simela asks. “Yes “Keeper replied “No signature, not even a symbol for a clue as to who did this. They clearly don’t want to be found” Keeper passed the note to Vivica for her to study “Looks like we have another reason to talk to Narcyl, he will want to know that what happened in Oakvale was not an isolated incident.” “This has happened before?” Simela said, “Yes” Keeper said some what distracted “But if we are to make it to the capital by a reasonable time to talk to Narcyl then we should be off soon, so perhaps Vivica can tell you about it while you two get dressed. I shall meet you down stairs when you two are ready” with that Keeper shuffled out of sight of the door. “Sorry about that” Vivica said looking after keeper, “He gets like that when he comes across a mystery”