COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
About the minimum specs of the game .

I know the game isnt released yet , but u have been developing it from quite sometime , the devs must have some part of the game made and maybe testing .Can someone tell me what is the specs required to run this game (At least any kind of idea) .And we are super hyped about this game , make our dream come true soulbound studios.

10/23/2015 12:04:58 AM #1

From the screenshots, I'm gonna hazard a guess at roughly High-Ultra on Skyrim for comparison. Seems like a (very) rough equal imo as far as graphics are concerned.

Founder of AoL a.k.a Scotty, FC: 25B250

10/23/2015 1:31:14 AM #2

There can only be speculation on this. Once they do a demo we'll know more.

Keep in mind I imagine the dev's are running on some decent grade of hardware if they want to operate it, considering they'll need to do so for world origin shifting to have an MMO element in the UE client.

3/13/2017 6:46:04 AM #3

Please note: The minimum specs posted for ARK are not considered realistic by the user community, and don't perform at all well.

Recommended baseline (ie for Ark)

Take this with a pinch of salt, but should give you a better idea for what's playable / performs reasonably well. More realistic specs would be something in the lines of:

• Processor: 3.5Ghz+ Dual core or 3Ghz+ Quad core

• Memory: 8 Gig+ RAM

• Graphics: 2GB+ ram. Geforce - GTX 750Ti or higher / Radeon - R7 265 or higher.

• Disk space: Likely 60GB+ free

Note: The GTX 750 isn't a very powerful card. In terms of the Geforce series, each series starts with a prefix ie 7XX, 9XX, 10XX. The higher the prefix, the later the series. Within each series, the cards vary in gaming power. As a result, you may find a GTX 780 outperforms a 1050 significantly, so do shop around and compare performance if you're on a budget.

The link below is a good site to compare graphics card performance. Obviously, first and foremost, don't put too much emphasis on "market share" and "popularity" or such fluffy figures. Go by raw performance stats. Many powerful cards from older series can be found at bargain prices second hand. A GTX 780 for example, you can pick up for approx £120 on ebay quite frequently ;)

Video comparison example link

If your specs are above those posted above, you shouldn't have any trouble at all with decent settings. If you're close to the mark or struggle, drop anti aliasing first if it's a configurable option - it happens to be one of the most cost intensive, and only reduces angled edges on polygons etc.

4/12/2017 1:34:51 AM #4

Now that there's a playable demo, can we get a dev to weigh in with an estimate?