COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA ORGANIZATIONS
[NA - Kairos] Ci'Maeadourris; Culinary Barony

Edit: I realize I don't have the correct border, please refer to post #9 by Hoid. Thank you.

Wonderful news! Ci'Maeadourris is officially on the North American East server.

Update: we are no longer in Mordrivale, and are waiting until closer to Kingdoms of Elyria to decide where to stay.

Remember that those who read carefully are rewarded more than those who don't.

Ci'Maeadourris (see-may-a-door-iss) within the Kingdom of Kairos, with a vast array of professions and occupations from which to choose. You are free to be anyone and do anything you wish, as long as other citizens' rights are respected.

I am in search of Menn and womenn who want to create a world in which we not only eat to survive, but in which we eat to enjoy eating. Ci'Maeadourris is dedicated to the advancement of all culinary arts, including cooking, alchemy, herbology, potion and poison making, and baking.

We will gather ingredients of all flora and fauna from across Elyria and produce only the highest quality cuisine. From our humble abode we will spread our creations throughout the world, showing that one does not require insane power or wealth to alter the course of history. We will cater to farmers and kings alike, no one is untouchable.

If you don't enjoy cooking, though, don't count yourself out. No, it takes all kinds of professions to do what we seek to do.

COOKS/BAKERS:

We need people who have a passion, or even a passing interest, in cooking. Someone who can look at different ingredients and find new combinations, or give an old recipe a fresh spin. The flesh and blood of Ci'Maeadourris, our cooks will lead the kingdom in their skill and attention to detail when cooking. Chefs will have access to the Kairos university where they can study with other professionals from across Kairos in order to perfect their craft. As cooking in Elyria will require some form of skill, it is preferred (but not required) that you have previous experience in cooking/baking and finding mixtures of ingredients that work best together. These people will be working closely with the herbalists and alchemists to find combinations that traditional cooks/bakers may not conceive at first.

SCRIBES:

Since we currently have very little information about how the food system will actually work, I am planning on needing scribes to record and transcribe different recipes, to keep a record of each ingredients' properties, and if so needed, to create copies of recipes that we can sell to other cities and their taverns. If certain duties of the scribes are not required, then we will still need at least one or two to keep a record of when Adventurers/Hunters, herbalists and other citizens depart and return, in case a group happens upon unsavoury highwaymen. If keeping track of recipes and citizen safety is not quite your style, then please PM me to ask about other scribe-related job offerings I may have for you in the barony.

ADVENTURERS/HUNTERS:

Although we are primarily a producing barony, Hunters will be needed to bring back local wildlife for use in anything we cook when they are not out fulfilling "other duties" I may have them perform. This group of people are particularly important as they may also act as part of the garrison if the need arises, and will be called upon in the case of the barony or local town needing to be defended.

HERBALISTS/ALCHEMISTS:

As herbalists in Ci'Maeadourris, you will be working closely with the cooks/bakers for the aforementioned reasons, and you will also be cooperating with other guilds centered around herbology and alchemy in order to produce the best possible medicine that nature has to offer. While some herbalists/alchemists may choose to live a more sedentary life for one reason or another, some herbalists will be required to do field work; these menn and womenn will accompany our adventurers/hunters into the wild to collect and record information on undiscovered flora, while keeping the team as healthy as possible on longer, more daunting journeys.

Other yet still quite important professions needed will be:

MERCHANTS

To travel Elyria, sell our recipes for a premium and to strike deals with other guilds and kingdoms for ingredients from lands too far for our own citizens to constantly travel. Good people skills and the ability to instill ideas into people are invaluable.

FARMERS

to keep a small farm outside the fortification's walls of the different exotic plants and animals brought back, and to maintain a normal supply of food for the citizens. In the case that keeping the land around the barony as farmland is not enough, we will be working with nearby towns to farm our crops/animals along with theirs. I will worry about setting up this particular deal.

CITIZENS

To inhabit and bring our dear Ci'Maeadourris to life. Not everyone living here is required to fill one of the professions above. If you want, you can just settle in and open shop, but it is highly encouraged that you be an active member of our community no matter what you choose to do. Even if you don't feel Ci'Maeadourris is the place for you, please PM me and we can discuss planting you somewhere that is.

ADDITIONAL ASSOCIATIONS:

Ci'Maeadourris is also a guild hall for the Red Branch Order, a militaristic order dedicated to the protection of Kairos and it's borders. As Major General, I will be in control of the Vigil branch, comprising of all non-militant units such as medics, herbalists, strategists, potion and poison makers, intelligence gathering, among other things. Any who are interested in learning more about the RBO can check out the discord channel here: RBO

Along with culinary arts and the Red Branch Order I am associated with the Bard's Guild of Elyria, and will be providing housing for any and all traveling bards. I will be able to provide contracts for bards who are looking for work around Kairos, and will provide provisions for their journeys. Any who wish to learn more about the Bard's Guild can check out their discord here: Bard's Guild

I fully support the Holy Church of Melonism and their various endeavours. All those who wish to follow melonism are welcome here. Please take the time to visit their discord here: Melonism

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to PM me, or join my discord and check it out!

Barony's channel: Ci'Maeadourris

6/7/2016 4:52:19 PM #1

Awesome! Good luck to you!

6/7/2016 10:55:26 PM #2

I'm excited for this! Total Support!

[]

6/8/2016 11:19:17 PM #3

An excellent idea!

6/28/2016 6:16:24 PM #4

Sounds great! Cant wait to see what kind of magnificent dishes you will make!

6/28/2016 6:47:50 PM #5

If you need a smith to make you some high grade cookware hit me up my goal is to be a Master Smith

6/30/2016 1:42:44 AM #6

Oh did I miss this post. So happy to have you in the County! Looking forward to being well fed!

6/30/2016 2:34:48 PM #7

Ignore this please i found the edit button

7/7/2016 4:49:50 PM #8

I have moved Kindgoms from Arthos to Kairos! Any of those who were unsure about joining a baron in Arthos have no fear!

7/15/2016 12:28:42 AM #9

I realize mistakes have been made and I have done things wrong, but I, Hoid, am the true baron of Ci'Maeadourris. I am both Hoid and Worldhopper, but certain things prevented me from acting just as Hoid. Please forgive this ignorance.

8/17/2016 2:31:28 PM #10

Before joining Ci'Maeadourris, I was lost and didn't know where I belonged. Now I have a home and can follow my dreams of being an herbalist/alchemist with a very helpful Baron.

Yes, we are a part of the Kingdom of Kairos and that's AWESOME in so many ways, like Thared's beard.

If your looking for a great group of mature professionals (IRL), this might be the place for you too. I look forward to meeting other great people who would like to join Ci'Maeadourris to follow their own exploits.

"At its lowest point in the sky, the crimson bloom's to bring forth the night and those who roam its streets." Quote by - Frederick Seddon

8/17/2016 2:45:16 PM #11

I am very proud to be an ally of Ci'Maeadourris.

Love from Emain Macha.

9/20/2016 6:45:43 PM #12

The Holy Church of Melonism hopes to set up a church here and spread our melon cuisine through your fine culinary establishments.

May Melon be with you.

May Melon be with you.

9/20/2016 8:29:20 PM #13

Mmmm.....send me some pies up north. We like pies.

10/3/2016 4:46:30 PM #14

This guy. This guy right here. He's pretty alright, he's a great guy who's doing great he's gonna be great. Join him and spread culinary delights throughout the known world.

10/5/2016 3:16:40 AM #15

Update Bump!