COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Archeage Thread

Hello folks! I've come to realize many AA players will be transitioning to this game. For that reason my friends and I decided to start a thread stating our AA sever (and if we wish, our names on the server) to help us connect with people we knew; People we like to work with.

Part of the appeal of a new MMO can be forgetting about the past - so I understand if you played AA in the past and you do not want to list your info here. If you DO put down a few details I suggest using this format:

Archeage Server :

AA Name :

AA Guild :

CoE Name :

CoE Guild :

I will go first

Archeage Server : Tahyang

AA Name : Vidarr, Ulak

AA Guild : IRON, Reaper, EG

CoE Name : Jute ni Romahk

CoE Guild : Undecided, but looking around avidly

6/9/2016 3:08:31 PM #1

I quitted Archeage about a month or two after the apex glitch became public. So it'll be less of a transistion for me then the ones currently still playing.

Archeage Server : Ollo I think? I don't remember.

AA Name : Truth

AA Guild : pwnography (I heard that many of the original members left around the same time as me, either disgruntled by how the game is going or RL responsibilities, and that the guild is now gone)

CoE Name : Shady Pierrot

CoE Guild : Golden Horde

I'd love to see the guys from my old guild again if they're coming to COE. Sorry for leaving without a word. I just didn't feel that continuing playing would achieve anything.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

6/9/2016 3:20:51 PM #2

Hey man I think we can all understand why you left. I don't blame people for quitting. AA was a GREAT game but it was run by a company who underwent CEO changes right before launch. That really messed things up.

Welcome to CoE!!

6/9/2016 11:57:25 PM #3

Archeage Server : Kyrios & Tahyang

AA Name : Lunaus or Alusanna

AA Guild : N/A (Lithium [Kyrios]/Dark Prophets [Tahyang])

CoE Name : N/A (depends on what choices I have as far as region)

CoE Guild : N/A

I no longer play AA, don't plan on picking it up anytime soon either, gear gap and the effort to make gold with IRL money doesn't really entice me.

6/10/2016 12:15:30 AM #4

Archeage Server: Aranzeb (IIRC)
AA Name: Caeoltoiri
AA Guild: Endeavour (Public Relations Officer)
CoE Name: n/a
CoE Guild: The Kardia Cooperative

I'd quit ArcheAge about a couple months after launch; life got in the way of playing, and by the time I was able to get back the game just didn't really appeal to me anymore. I'd made a lot of memories in the game with my guild though, so I don't regret a thing :)

6/10/2016 12:25:40 AM #5

Archeage Server : Kyrios

AA Name : Lirael/Annulment/Annuile

AA Guild :Lithium

CoE Name : Lirael

CoE Guild : The Dread Legion

side note: I was one of the first master musicians, I was also known for upgrading useless earrings to mythic for fun :3

Hello there.

6/10/2016 12:33:15 AM #6

Archeage Server : Ollo

AA Name : Sundae

AA Guild : Fabulous

That's not a guild. It's the solo/friend/alt guild I made after Addiction and can't remember what the Aussie guild was named :P disasters about 3 months after launch.

I actually am still on Ollo, as basically farmville. Anyone on that server can say hi to me, but I haven't actively played to compete for a very long time and don't intend to do anything in that realm.

6/10/2016 1:38:16 AM #7

@Lunaus - I remember one of your AA guilds from Thunderstruck farming! Welcome to CoE :D

@Caeoltoiri - Oh my gosh!! I was invited to join Endeavour when I considered transferring servers, but ultimately I stayed on Tahyang. Someone was really nice to me when I asked questions on reddit and in general chat...

. . . IT WAS YOU :P

Rock on! I ~knew~ your name looked familiar I just could not place it.

@Annuile - Are you gonna pursue music in CoE as well? Dread Legion are good folk. I considered them as one of the front-runners on my guild choice list but I am so indecisive!

@Sundae - Sounds about like me, right now, only I put in less effort and am selling out at long last.

6/10/2016 6:05:33 AM #8

@seven_deadlies: Wow, was it? xD That's amazing! Small world <3

6/10/2016 6:57:20 AM #9

(Former) Archeage Server : Kyrios

AA Name : Alshalan/Wolfguarde

AA Guild : Infernal

CoE Name : Vaerik Wolfguarde

CoE Guild : Unaffiliated

I quit AA when it became apparent that the development/publishing team of that game not only don't care about their playerbase at all (token resistance to RMT/botters/hacks for the better part of two years post-release), but are playing a ruinous snatch-and-run marketing strategy to milk as much money as possible from their playerbase before shutting down the game. There are known reported cheaters rife in the upper class of that game that have not only rampantly and blatantly cheated and exploited broken mechanics to get where they are, but have had evidence brought against them, been banned, and then had their accounts given back to them for reasons we can only speculate at (but realistically, probably involve a sizeable sum of money changing hands).

As a base game, Archeage was a good setup on the old model, straying from hard faction alignment, allowing customisable player factions to be built, and taking at least part of the economic system of the game to the roads. RNG gating in that game would have worked very well - albeit not been very popular - if not for the existence of the cash shop. But nearly everything in that game has been altered so that the focus of progression is on money spent, not time played, and Trion/XL have shown themselves to be indifferent to the health of the game as a whole.

I've heard people talking about how the game's changing, it's getting easier to gear, etc... and it probably is. But even with player factions coming in - which were the primary feature that drew me to the game at release, which by the time I quit was fully expecting not to be implemented at all, or too late if they were - there's no way in hell I'm going back to that game. Like Blizzard, they've poisoned the well they drink from, and seem intent on selling that poison as nectar.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

6/11/2016 5:02:36 AM #10

AA Server: Tahyang AA Name: Hereza AA Guild:... I can't remember. I only played during alpha/beta and a couple months into release

CoE Name: Xylas (surname not yet determined) CoE Guild: None as of yet

6/11/2016 1:40:01 PM #11

@Wolfguarde - Tell it brother!! You are preaching to the chorus but we all love to sing.

@Xylas - I thought I recognized your name, and now I know you are indeed the person I saw back at AA launch. Welcome to the side with the greener grass, brother.

5/11/2017 5:14:26 AM #12

Archeage Server : Tahyang, Hanure

AA Name : Tupipi

AA Guild : Dark horzion, Turkeyboyz, NewOutriders, DNC, Black Salt, Cult of kraken, Ameno, Revelation

5/11/2017 6:31:48 AM #13

AA Server: Honestly can't remember. One of the really big ones at launch, iirc

AA Name: Etherion

AA Guild: Pheonix Brigade (I think? It's been awhile)

CoE Name: (Undecided) Blackhammer (Surname subject to approval as other Bloodlines backer names and such)

CoE Guild: Unaffiliated, don't plan on joining anything till nearer launch

5/11/2017 8:30:40 AM #14

Archeage Server : Tahyang

AA Name : Noslim

AA Guild : TheeUnblessed

CoE Name : Noslim

CoE Guild : Newel County

I was Guild Leader for TheeUnblessed in Tahyang from headstart until about a year after launch or whenever BlackDesert released. We were very active with about 200 members at one point. We owned almost all of Halo Hallow =D fun times!

Image Link