COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Trans or intersex characters

i hello my name is lonness valenna

In real life i am and help run a trans/intersex house of people kicked out of there homes for being born different. we are all looking forward to playing this game together as a family. and me and my girls have a few questions .

1st: Is there a chance of intersex characters being born with a mix of both sex's . its about a one in a 1 in 1500 was wondering if such a thing is in your game ?

2ed: Can you chose your sex at start ot is it random too?

3ed: Can you wear and dress as members of the opposite sex if you had too ?

4th: if this happens i would like to open a intersex trans house in game and run it like a orphanage for such people who start out and mite be kicked out of a family or start as wards of the state and need a bit of help finding there true self . be/ role play like a fairy godmother of sorts like what i do now .

Thank you for your time and the promise of a lovely looking game and idea .

11/9/2015 8:41:06 PM #1

The Disguise tree is supposed to allow something similar to what you are asking.

11/9/2015 8:44:25 PM #2

Hello and welcome to CoE

1. I'm afraid that's not an option.

2. Remember that a character is made of a soul and a spark of life. The soul is genderless. Every time your soul is incarnated using a spark of life, you get to choose a character. If you choose a ward of the state you can freely choose your gender, if you choose to be born into a family, or probably reincarnate in your previous character child, the options are a bit more limited to what is avilable. For example, your previous character only had male children or female children.

3. We don't know about that. Probably yes, but that's a good question for tonight's Q&A (though I think someone already asked that)

4. I wish you had a great game experience with you and your family. Probably, you won't be able to play intersex character but you will be able to switch gender everytime you incarnate. :)

11/9/2015 9:09:45 PM #3

Yea your best option is to probably just have them disguised as the opposite gender. Good luck to you!

11/9/2015 9:27:19 PM #4

The question of transgender and intersex people being in-game has come up a few times and I am curious how you would like to see this represented in-game. I have seen some games where you could give lightly masculine physical features to a woman and lightly feminine features to a man.

Please don't misunderstand, I am completely with you that it would be good if there was representation of this in the game, I'm just not sure how you express that in-game other than roleplay.

11/10/2015 11:38:31 AM #5

I wish this would be at thing :) I'm a straight guy, but I'm all for LGBT <3

You won't see me. You won't hear me. You will merely feel the faint touch of steel running across your neck, then I am gone.

~Foxxley

11/10/2015 11:56:13 AM #6

Cant you just play as the gender you feel you are ?

If you were a man and feel you are a female , why not just play as female.

Personally i wont like to see trans represented in the game, not because im against it(i support gay rights) , but because i think its a useless mechanic to add to a game.

The game is already going to be very complex and the majority op players would like to be a binary gender and not become trans when they dont want to be trans.

Though i suggest if the devs feel strongly about adding trans in the game , please add a filter button which can activate or deactivate the chances of becoming transe.

Once you deactivate the trans filter there is a 2/4 chance you can become trans (male , female , transe-male and trans-female).

Though i still do not suggest they add the mechanic in thenfirst place.

11/28/2015 12:39:55 PM #7

I'm sure there will be immense possibilities in terms of character appearances... They said that you'll be able to disguise / impersonate people so it's easy to assume you can wear anything.

I do not know for sure but I doubt they will have gender reassignment surgeries though they are pretty in-depth so who knows, if you research medical procedures and unlock it perhaps you could invent the procedure!

http://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/663-DJ-9-Crafting--Professions

The Akashic Records

1/7/2016 12:46:02 PM #8

Not to sound too PC here, but the only reason I don't like using disguise for cross dressing is that it's part of the Deviant skill tree and having an alternate identity can get you arrested.

I'm in agreement with Chimchilla: play the binary gender you want to play; cross dress with disguise if you want the risk.

Another option that may not have been revealed to us, is Costuming from the bardic > entertainment tree. Be great for entertainers of all sorts, including drag queens and kings.

1/7/2016 1:15:44 PM #9

It's certainly possible to some extent, but that also varies with your playstyle and family of origin. You'll most likely want to start as a ward of state to get your details right, but ultimately your character will die, and you'll probably want to reincarnate as an existing character at some point to continue from your legacy. Another problem is that in this game things aren't always how we expect them to be, so getting too attached to a specific way your character looks may end up costing you.

So I think the easiest option is to just stick to the gender/sex you'd like to be (I don't think we'll get to see boy/girl parts) and roleplay that you are trans. The roles you take in the game can affect your body shape, but within natural limitations. I guess there may be some drugs you could take to change, within technological limitations, but that's up to the devs.

For clothing I wouldn't worry too much. From what we've heard so far there is a lot of customization possible.

1/8/2016 12:14:27 AM #10

Take it all back what I said, some clothing will be restricted to men/female.

"some clothing will be unisex, and some clothing will be male/female only. That's not because we're sexist, or feel like only men should wear dresses, it's because to make it so men can wear dresses would literally take us the exact same amount of time as it would to make dresses look good on women.... all over again." - Caspian

So maybe and maybe not for the trans, maybe they decide to make a dress unisex, but I don't put my hopes up for it.

1/8/2016 1:55:34 AM #11

To do that it would require a lot more work than just doing the male/female models. I say role-play it.

6/28/2016 8:54:05 PM #12

Hum... They can be at least less restrictive about the character creation. I mean, yeah, you WILL be limited to genetics, but they can but they can put a lot of choises gender-neutral. Including the voice. And yeah, there are mens with what we call woman voice and the opossite to, also... They can make some modifications since they are not humans, just look like.

Hello, i am trying to write a fancfic and need help with it since english is not my first langague: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/8070/help-nedded you can read it here: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/7546/the-spirit-of-the-void-chapter-3-is-out-0605

6/28/2016 8:54:56 PM #13

About "amount of time", maybe they can do it on the future?

Hello, i am trying to write a fancfic and need help with it since english is not my first langague: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/8070/help-nedded you can read it here: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/7546/the-spirit-of-the-void-chapter-3-is-out-0605

6/28/2016 11:02:42 PM #14

If a person in real life was born a male but sees themselves as and wants to be female, wouldn't it make more sense to just play as a female? Sam thing for females who want to be male, just play a male. Its a game, you have an actual choice.

6/28/2016 11:19:08 PM #15

It seems that to some transexual is an identity in itself and they want to play a character in that role rather than just playing an opposite sex character.