COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
New Souls

It's known that you'll start the game with 3 souls and that there is potential for one or more of them to have "previous lives" already under their belt, giving some built in skill ramps.

My question is, will new souls, without any soul age, have any form of specialization to start? So, for example you want to make a warrior and start with 3 fresh souls, could one of them lean more towards fighting, potentially?

⛵️❓💰

7/27/2016 4:54:15 PM #1

You start the game with the choice of any soul within the Records from what I've heard. Each soul will have different stats, but new souls won't have any specialization, only older souls. The advantage of a new soul is that you mold it to have the skillset ramps and change of stats you desire and don't have to deal with any previous life choices.

So while a new soul may lean towards fighting, it won't lean in a such a way that you absolutely have to be a fighter.

7/27/2016 5:25:01 PM #2

when the game starts some new souls might have already "lived a life" before and so will learn a particular skill faster then another, however i don't believe that there is a way to tell if you've got an "old" soul on your hands or not

friend code: DD7F8B

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/Guild-Recruitmet/6254-NA-The-Order-of-The-IX

7/27/2016 11:08:37 PM #3

From the screen shots I saw in DJ 2 (the images still seem to be broken, unfortunately) you'll be shown the should age and any skill ramps. My question was specifically about new souls.

As Catania said, with one leaning towards fighting. Would there be a reason to pick one new soul over another?

Also, no you don't start with your choose of any soul in the record. It's already been stated that you get your choice of three randomly selected one, but will be able to purchase soul packs (maybe with a focus on the types of souls you get).

Personally, I can't imagine sitting there searching through all 100k plus souls in the record, trying to find the one you want.

⛵️❓💰

7/27/2016 11:43:43 PM #4

OK, I didn't know that part. I was just planning on playing the same soul again and again anyway, so starting out with a new soul would be perferable since the entire progress of that soul would be on me.

We are allowed to play the same soul again and again, right?

7/28/2016 12:12:28 AM #5

Yes you can play the same soul for as long as you would like. :)

7/28/2016 5:01:06 PM #6

I would think if you don't buy back in after death your 3 souls go back into the accords. Then when if you buy in later you get three more random ones.

7/28/2016 5:17:20 PM #7

I would think if you don't buy back in after death your 3 souls go back into the accords. Then when if you buy in later you get three more random ones.

@randys22 - 12:01 AM - Thu Jul 28 2016

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I think once you have said souls in your account, you have them for as long as you have your account, and since there's no subscription, only buying sparks, your account would remain unless you actually closed it.

I really can't imagine SBS "taking away" souls in the manner you've described.

@everyone else, my main question is geared towards launch. So, starting out, say I have 3 brand new souls, would there be any difference between them? A reason to pick one over the other, even if slight.

To put it another way, would one lean more toward fighting, another at crafting, the third at deviance? I know we can and will shape our souls over time.

I've not seen any actual statement on this, but I'm not all knowing, so I was just wondering if anyone else has.

⛵️❓💰

7/28/2016 6:59:22 PM #8

I figured it with the talk of the souls returning back to the accords part the said before but maybe not.

I would guess the have to have some differences otherwise why would they give you three.

7/29/2016 5:09:07 AM #9

@randys22 I think I see your confusion, the Akashic Records is were you would go in between characters. It's there you would see the various souls you own.

⛵️❓💰

7/29/2016 6:16:54 PM #10

So you go to the place that holds all the soul records but can only see yours?

7/29/2016 6:56:24 PM #11

@randys22 I think I see your confusion, the Akashic Records is were you would go in between characters. It's there you would see the various souls you own.

@Ihathis - 7:09 AM - Fri Jul 29 2016 Souls ? If you buy the game, there will be only one soul or not ? So you will basically be able to play with one soul, if you will want to play with more souls, then you will have to buy each and every one...

1/6/2017 3:55:42 PM #12

The way I read it was you get to choose from three souls. They could be blank/new, or hidden history until you pick, almost like a lottery? If you look on the WIKI, it states that every PC has a soul. So I think the account once you choose only has one.

1/9/2017 5:17:28 PM #13

Yea if I might clarify, If you look at all the pledge packages, once you get to tier 1 it clarifies that you have your choice amongst 3 souls.