COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Player housing

I can freely assume that because of various mechanics and features in game a player housing will be available.

What form will can we expect? Instanced houses, where we have one or several "portal" zones that allow us to enter personal / family / group only content or...physical locations located in open world.

There were some clues that allow me to believe that in fact we can expect cities to be large enough to provide housing for hundreds of players, and thus thousands accross the world?

May I ask for a hint on that matter.

Not that I have a plan to create a parcel delivery company.. just curious :-)

It's dead, Jim.

8/5/2015 5:42:47 AM #1

The FAQ leads me to believe there will be non instanced housing but something from the dev's on the matter would be nice.

• Q. Is there raiding?
  • No.. and yes. There are no static raid dungeons. However, world events will frequently cause big, bad, nasties that to need to be dealt with to roam free or take shelter in an abandoned ruin.. Also, as players amass a large amount of wealth and hide it in their castles other, less savoury players may choose to break in and steal it. Finally, kingdoms will often go to war and siege each others' castles. All of these can and will require a varying number of players to be successful.

Found my guide helpful? Show your love by adding my Friend Code:1996D8

8/5/2015 5:57:57 AM #2

Non-instanced housing. This actually coincides with another thread on subterranean exploration. I'll leave it at that.

8/5/2015 6:01:22 AM #3

Every day is beginning to feel like Christmas around here haha.

Found my guide helpful? Show your love by adding my Friend Code:1996D8

8/5/2015 2:27:41 PM #4

Just hope it's nothing like the housing in Archeage. That made me cry a little bit.

8/5/2015 3:00:46 PM #5

Out of curiosity, and not saying it is like ArcheAge, but what part of the housing in ArcheAge didn't you like?

8/5/2015 3:04:35 PM #6

If we can create houses, i want one secluded in the mountains. where me and my family live. the tranquil forest and mountain

8/5/2015 3:16:23 PM #7

Ah. So you were annoyed at having "player housing areas." No worries. There's none of those. It's your land. Create houses where you want.

8/9/2015 8:07:11 PM #8

Suddenly i felt like this was survival zombie MMO where you build a house everywhere and risk being raided by everyone LOL...

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/SilDarklight/Chronicles%20of%20Elyria/Forum/Sigs/Luccheno%20600x100altzpsuev3knqe.jpg

8/9/2015 8:14:14 PM #9

Well your stuff could be raided if you don't defend it. 

8/10/2015 6:18:49 PM #10

I don't know what he didn't like, but I can tell you what I didn't like. 

Land in ArcheAge was limited to specific zones, and it was limited. When you wanted a house you had to get the land and you had to fight with 20 more guys to get and when I say fight I meant "click faster, have no lag and a fast connection". And if we add to that the cheaters that used bots it was the worst thing ever. There was this "Land grabbing" thing that was annoying and frustrating.

Also customization of houses was pretty much non-existant. You could add furniture alright but the shape and colors of the house was limited to a few. Just two types per size which a few colors each.

8/13/2015 7:08:27 AM #11

that was a question I had how is the housing built, are you going to do templet's that we pick from. Or will it be more of a mash up of some of the rift dimensions/Eq next building up and farming the mats (could still be templet based) just you could lay it however you wanted it in your "claim" of land. This is more for the structure of the house/castle or whatever 

8/14/2015 12:41:29 PM #12

One thing: if the land is ours, and this goes the "survival MMO" get ur land first scheme... Will the world be big enough for that? LOL Given some people have megalomanic feelings and like to occupy alot of space, wont we risk the world being filled with houses everywhere? How can you actually control this "deforestation" and "urbanization" of the map?

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/SilDarklight/Chronicles%20of%20Elyria/Forum/Sigs/Luccheno%20600x100altzpsuev3knqe.jpg

8/19/2015 8:23:27 PM #13

I would like to know if it is indeed based on templates, and if, then how many templates can we expect?

Also keeps, would they be big enough to hold courts, and would you be able to open and close doors, and lock them? 

8/19/2015 8:26:25 PM #14

I want a construction system similar to Sims, where you build the individual components of the house (so a door, wall, windows, stairs, furniture, etc.. 

8/19/2015 9:00:03 PM #15

Nailed it. Shhh... Don't tell anyone!