COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Lore In-game

So, we know that Caspian as journals filled with lore from the last 15 years (by Camigwen), and that some of this lore will be adressed in future dev. journals.

My question goes directly to the ingame lore though. Since CoE is more player oriented and not "go from NPC to NPC", how will lore and the story of the surrounding world reach our characters?

Also, how does the rest of the community feel about this subject? Is it a must, is it secondary to their normal gameplay? Should it be something we spend time on or not?

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/SilDarklight/Chronicles%20of%20Elyria/Forum/Sigs/Luccheno%20600x100altzpsuev3knqe.jpg

8/15/2015 8:03:42 PM #1

I would love to be part of the lore of the game, but what I plan to do might mean I will be seperated from it slightly. 

8/15/2015 8:24:57 PM #2

I hate the way most mmos make you run from NPC to NPC and try to make you read "lore" that anyone born in that world would already know. 

I would love a skyrim like system where the world around you tells the story with things like: collectable in-game books, songs bards can sing and listening in on conversations between NPCs 

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault!

8/15/2015 8:28:16 PM #3

Agreed it should be upto the community to collaberate all the lore (hence the wiki) for it's use. 

8/15/2015 8:35:28 PM #4

Yep. I also like voice-acting. Helps it feel more dynamic without having to read tons of text everytime you do something!

Those are also my favourites, although i confess i mostly don't read half of the books XD But they are a nice thing for those that do!

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/SilDarklight/Chronicles%20of%20Elyria/Forum/Sigs/Luccheno%20600x100altzpsuev3knqe.jpg

8/15/2015 8:36:46 PM #5

The book system of Elder Scrolls is really great, espeacially the mix of books from the serious to the outrageous. While perhaps not to the extent of the Elder Scrolls series I would like to see some literature in the world based on the lore before.

Somewhere the books you read in the world are stored for your character so you can re-read them without having to hunt down the book again would be great if they are not collectable objects. If they are collectable objects that could work too though be a bit harder on the inventory!

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

8/15/2015 8:37:00 PM #6

I was more interested in helping a certain northern country become independent... 

8/15/2015 8:39:22 PM #7

Thats what houses are for! 

Do you normally walk around with all your books in your pocket? :p 

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault!

8/15/2015 8:41:09 PM #8

some of the books in skyrim were really useful, some tell you about the weaknesses of monsters and from others you could learn skills 

8/15/2015 8:42:57 PM #9

Yeah, the first book I read helped my blade skills lol. 

8/15/2015 8:43:05 PM #10

While houses are great, I am not sure personal houses are actually going to be in at launch. So I am unsure what sort of storage options we will have.

There is just so much we just do not know yet!

8/15/2015 8:44:32 PM #11

I am sure some form of building system will be in place to store stuff.

8/15/2015 8:45:10 PM #12

Houses will be available at launch. Houses are absolutely essential. Cheers!

8/15/2015 8:45:49 PM #13

Massive yeahys :) Thank you for the clarification. I really didn't want ot get my hopes up.

8/15/2015 8:46:17 PM #14

For the record, I actually quite enjoy driving Victoria crazy. FWIW, we've decided to release information as slowly as possible, solely to get a rise out of her. :P

8/15/2015 8:46:44 PM #15

Do we get build our own houses and if so how will we be able to do it?

Will it be piece by piece, say we must get the resources for each 'tile' or 'section' then the individual furniture pieces, doors, windows, roof etc.. Much like Wurm online?