COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
April 4th Q&A Stream - Ask Questions Here

Hey Folks!

Soulbound Studios will be on DM21 Gaming's YouTube channel on Monday, April 4th. BicycleWalrus will be asking the questions and I will be answering them! Live!

Please use this forum topic to post your questions for the Q&A. I may not answer all of them, but I'll do the best I can. My aim is to answer the top 20 rated posts.

Of specific note, we are not yet ready to discuss details on the upcoming Kickstarter. The outreach team is working hard to define the tiers and rewards, and once we have those nailed down we'll post something.

Also, please minimize questions about the Business Model. We've already got an upcoming Q&A prepared for that.

RULES

1. Please limit it to one post per community member
  2. Please provide no more than three questions in your post
  3. Keep your questions brief (as in, 1-2 sentences)
  4. If you have more than one question, please number them and provide paragraphs in between so we can clearly identify them.
  5. Make sure to upvote the posts of others you're most interested in hearing the answers to.

If you want to, you can Watch it Live by clicking on this YouTube link about 10 minutes before the broadcast time.

See you all at 4pm PDT / 7pm EDT / 12am BST on Monday, April 4th!

4/4/2016 3:21:30 PM #1

Will we be able to trade in or sell the souls we dont want anymore?

4/4/2016 3:23:19 PM #2

Q1: How will you be dealing with tangential tech development between servers? To clarify, if one server focusses heavily on, for example, ocean-going endeavours, while another gets right in to advanced weapon development, will both servers receive the "assets" of the other?

Q2: How was your day?

Q3: Similar to Q1, what about story/lore development? Going off the "maze" analogy you've mentioned previously, will all servers come through at the same time, revealing the same lore, or is it possible that different servers will uncover different minor (or, indeed, major) lore elements?

4/4/2016 3:24:43 PM #3

1) how developed will the world be at start? Will there be large NPC kingdoms yet, or just a few villages and a city sprinkled about here and there.

2) what sort of disease/infection system will be in place? Will my character be risking an infection every time he's stabbed, will a plague come and possibly wipe out/leave the population weak?

3) how customizable will armor and weapons be? (Adding crests, symbols, ornate designs and such)

I believe all men are capable of evil! We should not be of this world were good and evil not twined together.

AA3569 is the code you should use ;)

4/4/2016 3:27:57 PM #4
  1. Will there be any coined currencies in the beginning of the game?

2. On a scale of 1 - 10, how's the development of the game going currently?

3. Will we be able to go into the Akashic Records in some way?

4/4/2016 3:28:59 PM #5

1.) What if we are like for example gone for 4 months. Will we still have to turn our Character into OPCs?

2.) How will the fighting system in CoE look like? Will there already be premade styles or will we create them ourselves?

3.) Will there be other intelligent beings beside humans? If yes, will we be able to interact with them?

4/4/2016 3:29:50 PM #6

Animation Canceling. Is it going to Monitored, Prevented, or allowed to develop?

Be something to talk about since CoE is considered a combat game. A lot of the time animation canceling is skipped over and rarely thought about during development. Sometimes it could even be what makes or breaks a game.

I've been working on a more detailed post for your consideration.

Edit with more information:

Animation Canceling is primarily used to cancel the animation of one attack so you could perform another attack that you normally wouldn't be able to perform during or shortly after an action.

Biggest blatant example that I could come up with and that I have experience with is Gunz the Duel. In this game animation canceling could cause you to get two attacks for the price of one or double the speed of which your character could traverse the map. While initially this was a exploit, players adopted it and turned the rather slow pace game into fast paced one. Developers fixed the animation canceling long after players had gotten used to it, but was later reintroduced due to popularity among the players.

Players inevitably developed different ways to cancel animations which lead to different styles and fighting techniques. Each style had its own benefits, flare and skill need to pull them off. In the case of Gunz The Duel animation canceling was rather beneficial; however, this is not the case for other games.

<strong>Coming Soon</strong>

4/4/2016 3:30:25 PM #7

1) Can we have the ability to carry more than our normal inventory can hold in a rucksack that will impede our actions (such as running and fighting) that we can drop if a situation arises (making said rucksack free-lootable)? (E.G. suits of armor, relics, etc.)

2) As an older swordsman, can I improve on my skills by making books and treatises alongside personally training the newer generation?

3) A followup to Question 2, if I make guides online pertaining to certain skills, could that be applied to my character somehow? Like if I make a combat video that becomes pretty popular that explains mechanics, could a certain amount of experience (that is entirely up to the developer) be applied to my character or will it just be IP?

4/4/2016 3:33:08 PM #8

1) are tree houses a thing?

2) if so can I connect adjacent trees with a rope bridge (or something) essentially expanding my tree house?

3) how hard will it be to set a tree /tree house on fire?

4/4/2016 3:33:51 PM #9
  1. Will people without talents be able to take on those with, such as 1v1, or will it have to be more of a group effort?

2. Will talents be skill based like most of the stuff so far, or will it be similar to other MMOs and RPGs where it's more of click a button? Talking more about skill, not strategy though I think that will be important too.

3. This one might already be answered but: Do medical operations/treatments have to be consensual? Say my friend needs treatment of some kind and I want to help him, but he doesn't want me to. Will that block me from helping?

4/4/2016 3:36:39 PM #10

Q1: Can we get a bit more of information about the Bounty Token system?

Q2: If someone incapacitate or coupe de grace us, can we put a Bounty Token on their head?

Q3: If Q2 answer is yes. How would the system diferenciate between a bandit incapacitating a merchant(or bodyguard) and a bodyguard incapacitating a bandit? (Or are both cases punishable?)

4/4/2016 3:40:24 PM #11

I have heard that we can run our own dungeons. How can we run a dungeon while offline. For example, when we are online, we fight better than any OPC. Will wr be able to recruit 'bosses' to defend a dungeon?

4/4/2016 3:43:32 PM #12
  1. Wich will be better against cavalry charges spears or a hail arrows.

2. Will you be able to use half-swording against armored opponents.

3. Will you be able to be a mounted archer

4/4/2016 3:44:41 PM #13

1) How detailed will archery be? (EX: long bows less maneuverable, short bows less draw weight, different arrow tips for different game)

2) How in depth will animal migration be in regards to following seasonal patterns?

4/4/2016 3:46:15 PM #14

1) With the parkour system planned, will there be way to counter it like pulling down climbing enemies,diving tackles, bolas, etc.

2) Will there be a movement skill for players that want to be agile? Flipping, diving dodges, swinging from ledge, etc.

3)Will there be any form of sabotage? Like weakening wagon wheels, damaging weapons, etc?

4/4/2016 3:46:37 PM #15

Q1. Foundations for building heavy and high buildings. Will they be needed? And will they work differently for different kinds of soil?

Q2. Will there be sexual dimorphism in the game? Refering to animals, etc.

“Must I undertake to prove that the slave is a man? That point is conceded already. Nobody doubts it. How should I look today, in the presence of you, dividing, and subdividing a discourse, to show that men have a natural right to freedom? To do so, would be to make myself ridiculous, and to offer an insult to your understanding.” - Paul Gilroy