COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
Rowena's Dark Justice Fails

Dark events have transpired in the Kingdom of Blackheart that reveal a glorious failure of both justice and what one would normally consider peasant-level intelligence. These events about which you are to now discover has been so disastrously mishandled that it isn't any wonder that Blackheart is now literally tearing itself apart at the seams.

I speak not from hearsay nor second hand whispers about these grim events for I was there, quill in hand, scribbling down these events as they happened. I was there when the innocents were slaughtered and I was there also during the farcical attempt at justice that saw elitism and perverse hearts trumped common sense.

The events start with a genuine act of kindness; an act of healing. Normally this kind of outpouring of care for another would lead to good ends, but in a dark place infested with corruption on all levels such an act is apparently a cause for slaughter.

A man wondered into the Pilgrims Pub clearly showing signs of physical and mental distress. On most other nights the patrons would be such a mix of vileness and malcontent that the man's ills would have been a point of humour. On this night though it happenchanced that there were two healers attending the pub and they did as healers do, they cared for this stricken man's grievous wounds.

Right there is another curious point, for the man in question was the man once known as Dr Whiterose and was in fact a squire for one Count Fengo; he who is known as The Heretic and a ranking officer of the Dark Knights. It would appear there are some deep evils at play in Darkheart for the injuries to our Dr Whiterose, now called simply “The Flayed”, seemed to be the intentional handiwork of his own lord knight. One can only imagine the despicable and twisted acts of mutilation of body and soul the dark ones inflict on their recruits in order to turn them into the semblance of their own vileness.

So here we have our two healers doing their best to help a stricken man clearly asking for assistance when the corrupted Fengo storms in upon the scene covered in gore from killing an innocent who happened to block his path. Instructing his men to commence slaughtering their own citizens who were unfortunate enough to be in the way, he demands the retrieval of his mutilated squire.

Perhaps fate would have it that one of the healers, called Raven, was a foreigner to the lands of Blackheart and wasn't yet whipped into fearing the rabid ravings of the likes of Fengo, nor did she know that it was his squire she was tending. For instead of meekly cowering to the vitriol of Fengo she did as all healers must, she defiantly sought to protect the well-being of her patient.

In a damnable attempt to display his ill-deserved authority this one called The Heretic targets an innocent serving wench and gruesomely slaughters her with his bare hands. Such is the depravity of Blackheart that the on-watching citizens react to this atrocity as if it is merely a common occurrence - and perhaps it is.

(To be fair only one citizen voiced his shock and contempt at this barbarity, Baron Kalexius of Featherfall, and his story is about to be told as well.)

Finally the healers were physically shoved aside and threatened with torture, the squire was bodily dragged away, Fengo orders his men to burn down the Pilgrim's Pub with the citizens still inside, and then charges off killing more of Blackhearts citizens in his passage.

In the aftermath be it also known and emphasised that the only people at scene who made any move to care for the wounded and dying were in fact foreign dignities. Have the people of Blackheart so stricken their hearts of anything humane to simply ignore their own people in need of care?

Now for the “trial”, which was more of a freak show of deviance than anything resembling justice. All interested citizens piled into the capital to witness this farce and the first point or order was to assess the “crimes” of Fengo.

To my reckoning there were various charges including multiple murders, wilful damage, arson, grievous bodily harm, and threats to inflict serous injury and torture on a foreign dignitary. However, the only charge brought to bear on Fengo was the burning down of the Pilgrims Pub.

After a stream of blatant and contemptible lies by various nobility that were allowed to pass unchallenged, the sham that called itself a court found that Count Fengo was guilty of arson; the matters of murder and threats of violence to foreigners seemed unimportant. It would appear logical that by their own standards the justice of Blackheart should put Fengo to the chopping block, but it would seem their pathetic depravity is only matched by the extent of their hypocrisy.

Fengo was allowed to have his final say, a monologue of lament over his ill-begotten youth, how he had found a home in Darkholme, and how loyal he was to the Queen and his Dark Knights. Then he placed his own neck on the chopping block awaiting the Queen's sentencing.

Rowena, Queen of Blackheart, stands and announces to all that Count Fengo, The Heretic, is fully pardoned and will receive no punishment for his actions. Just a stern warning akin to “Bad boy, don't do it again.”

The next thing to fall from the Queen's mouth though was contemptible and would see her be ever more known as either Queen Rowena the Unjust, Queen Rowena the Corrupt, or simply Queen Rowena the Stupid. For she then calls our previously mentioned Baron Kalexius in front of the court and charges him and finds him guilty of treason against the crown for speaking out against these atrocities.

Baron Kalexius is given the choice of either being publicly whipped or being banished. I believe that the only wise decision made on that day was that he chose the latter.

Truly I have never witnessed before such a corruption of justice and common sense. On several occasions I had to double check to make certain I wasn't in attendance of a circus act of satire or comedy. It would have been laughable and many thighs slapped in merriment had it not been that they are deadly serious in their intent and actions.

It is no wonders that Blackheart is now fracturing at the seams with breakaway groups seeking asylum in other Kingdoms to escape the depraved madness that has consumed Darkholme. Hopefully others will come to the same conclusion and escape the fall before the Blackheart taint leaves them unable to seek a welcoming haven elsewhere.

Hopefully also Kingdoms of true nobility, honor, and justice will close all borders to the putrid hearts that rule Blackheart and rid this blight and perversion of mann from the lands of Elyria once and for all. With luck though Blackheart will consume itself in its own pit of depravity and perversion and fall from the lands of Elyria like vile smelling dung falling from the backside of an Ursaphant.

The Silver Scribe

8/31/2016 2:30:51 AM #1

Poor Fengo ... Did he get his slave back?

8/31/2016 2:35:54 AM #2

blushes at how awesome I look

8/31/2016 2:43:49 AM #3

Posted By Kalexius at 2:35 AM - Wed Aug 31 2016

blushes at how awesome I look

I know of a male harem you might be interested in...

8/31/2016 3:07:32 AM #4

One who choses banishment is clearly disloyal to their Royal House.

8/31/2016 3:10:00 AM #5

If you can't handle the roleplay heat, stay out of the roleplay kitchen.

R.I.P Nameless NPC tavern wench.

8/31/2016 3:43:08 AM #6

Posted By Malenkaya at 3:07 AM - Wed Aug 31 2016

I disagree. If the events recounted by the Scribe are accurate, his queen asked him to make a choice. Which he did and imagine is abiding by. I see his loyalty to his former house intact.

8/31/2016 4:05:24 AM #7

Posted By Mandalore at 3:43 AM - Wed Aug 31 2016

I disagree. If the events recounted by the Scribe are accurate, his queen asked him to make a choice. Which he did and imagine is abiding by. I see his loyalty to his former house intact.

His other option was take one lash from each member present of the family he offended. It was an in character punishment which would have redeemed him, allowed him to stay in the kingdom, and would have no actual serious consequences. He refused to repent or admit that he had done wrong by his Queen. Pride blinded him. Never trust only one view point on a subject. People are biased.

8/31/2016 4:22:59 AM #8

Posted By Mandalore at 3:43 AM - Wed Aug 31 2016

If you wanna get 'technical' he hasn't abide by it, but thats just how discord rp works i guess. And I think that person just meant that the Baron chose not to take a roleplay flesh punishment, instead he chose to have nothing to do with his Queen and her kingdom. Not really 'loyal'.

8/31/2016 5:31:15 AM #9

If anyone wants to hear my side of the story feel free to contact me on Discord. I am in Both Vornair's, Karios's, And the main CoE discords.

8/31/2016 5:51:59 AM #10

I'm not sure why either of you thought I didn't understand the situation. He was given a choice by his queen. A lord offering a choice inherently implies trust in the judgement of the person being offered it. He wasn't ordered to kill himself, or to suffer the lash. Just because you feel he should have chosen differently does not make his disloyal.

He was offered to pick between being (publicly?) tortured to earn "redemption" from his "offence", or to no longer be a subject of a kingdom that supports slavery, threats of violence against subjects of other crowns, and the outright murder of it's populace at the hands of tyrants and bullies. I find it humorous that you think he should have chosen the former over the latter.

I wouldn't expect lapdogs of your station to understand the true meaning of loyalty. But perhaps it's something your kingdom doesn't understand as well?

8/31/2016 6:28:34 AM #11

Posted By Mandalore at 5:51 AM - Wed Aug 31 2016

I'm not sure why either of you thought I didn't understand the situation. He was given a choice by his queen. A lord offering a choice inherently implies trust in the judgement of the person being offered it. He wasn't ordered to kill himself, or to suffer the lash. Just because you feel he should have chosen differently does not make his disloyal.

He was offered to pick between being (publicly?) tortured to earn "redemption" from his "offence", or to no longer be a subject of a kingdom that supports slavery, threats of violence against subjects of other crowns, and the outright murder of it's populace at the hands of tyrants and bullies. I find it humorous that you think he should have chosen the former over the latter.

I wouldn't expect lapdogs of your station to understand the true meaning of loyalty. But perhaps it's something your kingdom doesn't understand as well?

That. Right there, just proves how little you know. :)

8/31/2016 6:48:01 AM #12

By all means, regale me with your wisdom.

8/31/2016 7:23:25 AM #13

I would like to witness this atrocity for myself, could someone send me an invite to the kingdom of blackheart's discord so i can laugh at the utter repulsiveness of such a kingdom?

Alt Text

Leader of the Order of the Dragon Knights guild and Count for Lord Paramount Stoddart

8/31/2016 9:14:44 AM #14

You guys do realize that there was no fighting going on or any player deaths. Its kinda funny how defensive you are over an imaginary nameless npc. Now, if the Heretic had actually ripped the head off a player's character who was inside the tavern at the time, and if those people stood around and allowed their characters to burn from imaginary flames, then the trial would have been grand and bloody. But that didn't happen, so boo. Some people are so quick to get their panties in a twist. Its okay guys, the npc that 'died' that day didnt feel any pain. Go QQ some more in your vanilla kingdoms.

8/31/2016 1:34:54 PM #15

Anyone else here think that perhaps our Silverscribe happens to also be our Kalexius? Oh my It does appear that there will be echoes of this for sometime, how marvelous.