COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
IP spending, your plans ?

I was curious what everyone is planning on spending their IP on.I can't seem ot get a good discord convo going about it though. For myself I'm going to be going bloodline and get enough IP for tier 2 prof kit, townhouse & nomad wagon. Probably change my mind a few more times though.

What are you planning on getting ?

9/20/2016 10:56:08 PM #1

Some of mine will be for what I would refer to general supplies such as a horse or two, a wagon or two, a home and what not however the majority of IP will go towards aquiring land.

I have been finding it hard to nail down exactly how much IP I need without a chart of some type. I think there will be one available when the store comes online on the 3rd.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

9/21/2016 3:05:56 AM #2

Mostly supplies, I think... Going to spread it thin, rather than buying anything extravagant, so that we have enough to go around and get everyone in the group started out.

9/21/2016 3:31:38 AM #3

Land, and land. Maybe a craft building and a couple stations.

9/21/2016 3:48:36 AM #4

Mostly land, with a crafting station or two. A stone house and a few supplies as needed

Friend Code: B8ADDD

9/21/2016 3:57:16 AM #5

My question is,: does KoE come before the IP store? The IP store is said to come shortly after november 3rdish. This means if KoE doesn't come out you could end up spending all of your IP and getting crappy land picks during KoE, but he said "get them while their available" in the IP Store DJ so that implies they will only sell certain amounts of things like patterns or mounts.

So it's basically: Do you want first dibs on the IP store or first dibs on land during KoE.

I don't know anymore.

9/21/2016 4:49:53 AM #6

The IP Store will open well before the release of KoE and will remain open until just before launch.

Actually, here's a general outline of the timeline:

• Online Store Opens 10/3 with continued "Kickstarter" Rewards
  • Online Store Opens 11/1 with New CoE Backer Packages
  • IP Store Opens 11/15
  • Website v3.0, 3.1, etc...
  • Domain & Settlement Selection via website
  • Kingdoms of Elyria & ElyriaMUD
  • (~12-15 mo. delay)
  • Exposition
  • IP Store Closes
  • Exposition Closes
  • Launch

Note: this says nothing of the proximity of those events, only the order they will occur in.

9/21/2016 4:52:32 AM #7

Posted By Caspian at 11:49 PM - Tue Sep 20 2016

The IP Store will open well before the release of KoE and will remain open until just before launch.

Actually, here's a general outline of the timeline:

• Online Store Opens 10/3 with continued 'Kickstarter' Rewards
  • Online Store Opens 11/1 with New CoE Backer Packages
  • IP Store Opens 11/15
  • Website v3.0, 3.1, etc...
  • Kingdoms of Elyria & ElyriaMUD
  • (~12-15 mo. delay)
  • Exposition
  • IP Store Closes
  • Exposition Closes
  • Launch

Note: this says nothing of the proximity of those events, only the order they will occur in.

Most helpful,, thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/RUFSA4O.gif

9/21/2016 6:11:25 AM #8

Thanks Caspian! Where does that leave Prologue though?

9/21/2016 6:12:41 AM #9

11/2016 + 12 mo = 11/2017 earliest Expo

+3 Mo Expo = 2/2018 Earliest launch

Will be interesting to see how things end up actually shaking out.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the IP store being open during exposition.

9/21/2016 6:34:11 AM #10

stone shack

9/21/2016 6:40:35 AM #11

bit outdated but still roughly my plan. I still haven't fully figured out how much ip i'm going to get...

Well I'm a Count at the moment and have dropped an extra $200 + assuming the $50 can be turned into IP I think the maths works it out to be:

1250+1250+500+1390 =4390

I'll depending on what you get from the IP packs assuming there the small buildings I'll probably go for: 2 large 2 story wood buildings - to be used as warehouses + a home for crafting stations: 1150 (575x2) 1 Medium 2 story stone building - to be a tavern + upstairs as a sleeping area and a small office for my scribing and the county table: 775 1 house - as a personal house: 750 Total 2675 Leaving me about 1715, which I'll probably dump it on 7 T2 profession kits that will give me 7 crafting stations 1 for the tavern (assuming kitchen/bar ext) then 1 for the scribe workshop.

That's my plan at least with what they have listed at the moment.

I will be looking (closer to the exposition) for a baron/ess with a similar aim in the game to me, If i do find one i'll probably give up my baron title for additional IP.

Friend code: A667D0

9/21/2016 7:56:56 AM #12

Posted By HolyAvengerOne at 11:11 PM - Tue Sep 20 2016

Thanks Caspian! Where does that leave Prologue though?

Prologue is before "Domain & Settlement Selection via website" but after v3 of the website.

9/21/2016 8:13:59 AM #13

Posted By Caspian at 11:49 PM - Tue Sep 20 2016

> So we will be able to see at that time the Resources/Benefits of each Domain & Settlement via website selection? For example in this Domain there are precious resources (gold/silver etc) or this region is known for high quality stone etc.?

9/21/2016 8:20:20 AM #14

I've currently backed at 250. 120 of that is for bloodline, which comes with 100 IP. 30 is for a second copy of the game for Rofus (A draw I funded to help promote the game).

The other 100 is for extra IP (1250), giving me 1350 so far. I do plan on adding a little extra now and then once the store is up though. I'll most likely be on over 2600 IP purchased by the time it launches. Potentially more. With any luck I'll get my referral code and some extra points for my earlier efforts promoting the game too :)

In terms of what to spend it on, I didn't want to settle for a "pre-fab" settlement, and instead want to try building from the ground up. I figure this will be a good test case too ie to make sure the approach works.

Looking at the basic 2600 IP, I'll most likely buy: 9 T2 packs (Including plots) Total 2025 1 2 Story commercial medium building (Tavern) Total 550

The top floor of the tavern I plan to have as residential. This all assumes you can operate a tavern in that manner / manage rooms individually for rent etc.

This gives me a base of 9 plots, which will support a village.

If I get more IP rewarded, I'll most likely look at switching some of the T2s to T3 to have the odd small stone commercial building. If I can, the odd small stone cottage would be good too. I'll see what I've got by exposition.

9/21/2016 8:32:56 AM #15

EDIT: Currently Baron with at least 1,525 extra IP. I still aim to build a new settlement - will just be halfway between my starting settlement and my brothers fort.