COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
IP spending, your plans ?

I was curious what everyone is planning on spending their IP on.I can't seem ot get a good discord convo going about it though. For myself I'm going to be going bloodline and get enough IP for tier 2 prof kit, townhouse & nomad wagon. Probably change my mind a few more times though.

What are you planning on getting ?

9/21/2016 9:02:01 AM #16

Posted By ImmoDivine at 08:12 AM - Wed Sep 21 2016

11/2016 + 12 mo = 11/2017 earliest Expo

+3 Mo Expo = 2/2018 Earliest launch

Will be interesting to see how things end up actually shaking out.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the IP store being open during exposition.

The 12-15 month will be between KoE and Exposition. Not between the IP-Store opening and the Exposition. And KoE won't start this year. The Singleplayer Demo will be first.

Which means KoE could be end of Q1 / 2017. With 12 month extra, the Exposition would start end of Q1 / 2018. Release would be Sommer 2018, if its 12 month and not 15 and if nothing goes wrong. So Q4 / 2018 seams like a valid date.

9/21/2016 10:19:24 AM #17

Posted By ImmoDivine at 01:12 AM - Wed Sep 21 2016

You mean the currency that will only function during exposition? Why?

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

9/21/2016 11:18:58 AM #18

Posted By Caspian at 03:56 AM - Wed Sep 21 2016

Posted By HolyAvengerOne at 11:11 PM - Tue Sep 20 2016

Thanks Caspian! Where does that leave Prologue though?

Prologue is before 'Domain & Settlement Selection via website' but after v3 of the website.

Awesome, thanks man!

9/21/2016 12:11:55 PM #19

Large, 2 story tavern

ref This game was a dream. Its dead now.

9/21/2016 12:46:28 PM #20

Hoping that we get a nice big selection of walls, moats, towers and the like. Would be great to be able to wall-off a town/add to a stronghold's defences at the beginning.

9/21/2016 1:35:55 PM #21

Well, I will be upgrading to Count level. I have already pledged enough to be a Count so that won't cost me any money. But most likely I will pledge another $200 just for IP. Then the fun starts. I know I want a lot of land. Around enough for 5-10 parcels. But being a Count I pretty much can sell the land to myself for cheap right? So I am thinking why would I buy land with the IP? Also, as a Count I imagine I would get some sort of place to live in in the town/city I start with. So would I need to buy a house? My plan is to take over a city and build some sort of fortress inside or just outside the city. Maybe have a second home in another city just in case. After that who knows. I need to see what is for sale and for how much first. And to see if my plan is even viable to do.

9/21/2016 1:53:57 PM #22

During the Exposition, you'll have the option to add additional rooms to your shop or house for 100 IP. (Source)

If you plan on having crafting stations within your house/shop, you have the potential to save 75 IP with Tier 2 CS (225 IP) instead of buying Tier 3 CS for 400 IP.

9/21/2016 2:13:00 PM #23

Posted By Zunjin at 04:02 AM - Wed Sep 21 2016

Posted By ImmoDivine at 08:12 AM - Wed Sep 21 2016

The 12-15 month will be between KoE and Exposition. Not between the IP-Store opening and the Exposition. And KoE won't start this year. The Singleplayer Demo will be first.

Which means KoE could be end of Q1 / 2017. With 12 month extra, the Exposition would start end of Q1 / 2018. Release would be Sommer 2018, if its 12 month and not 15 and if nothing goes wrong. So Q4 / 2018 seams like a valid date.

Earliest. You're reading way more into my post. My post is saying one thing and one thing only. Based on the dates above, if those hold, we wont have launch until at least that date. There is no date for KoE, but any time that passes during KoE moves the date back, not earlier. My bound still holds based on everything you said.

Posted By Theodrian at 05:19 AM - Wed Sep 21 2016

Posted By ImmoDivine at 01:12 AM - Wed Sep 21 2016

You mean the currency that will only function during exposition? Why?

Personally I don't like the idea of people being able to adjust their IP that late in the process, but I guess it's good revenue for the game.

9/21/2016 3:33:01 PM #24

Posted By Azeron at 01:13 AM - Wed Sep 21 2016

So we will be able to see at that time the Resources/Benefits of each Domain & Settlement via website selection? For example in this Domain there are precious resources (gold/silver etc) or this region is known for high quality stone etc.?

Precisely.

Posted By ImmoDivine at 11:12 PM - Tue Sep 20 2016

Don't read too much into the 12-15 month statement. That was a number I threw out to indicate there's a large lapse in time between KoE and Exposition and isn't based on a specific calculation. We just need enough time to:

a. Integrate KoE, ElyriaMUD, and Prologue into a Pre-Alpha client
b. Alpha Test and get feedback
c. Iterate on Pre-Alpha client
d. Implement the remaining features for Alpha 2 & Test
e. Spend a few months in beta hammering out any bugs
f. Spend some time in stress test.

It's customary to offer 'Collector's Editions' or even just Pre-Orders with early access - maybe 3-7 days. It's possible we'll award IP as part of our Collector's Edition, in which case, they need some way to spend the IP.

Alternatively, let's say someone buys a ton of IP the week before Exposition and then gets sick and can't spend it. Then they get to spend the next three months in Expo with IP they're not allowed to spend, only to have it convert to Story Points three months later.

Or, as others have suggested, let's say someone gets into Exposition, claims their plot of land, but then thinks up something cool they want to do, but unfortunately it requires more land. They'd want a way to buy more land.

This gives them the option to expand their boundaries once they get into the game and see what is/isn't possible with the resources they've purchased.

Or as another option, someone joins the Exposition as a gentry, goes off to find a nice plot of land and finds a County which nobody governs. They want to upgrade to a Count and claim that County. It would be silly of us not to give people a way to claim unclaimed domains up until Launch.

There's so many reasons to allow people to continue to buy/spend things from the online store during Exposition and the only real reason not to is 'I don't like the idea of people being able to spend more once they get into Exposition.'

If the point of Exposition is to flesh out the world for the larger audience, I can't see a reason to limit peoples' ability to do so until launch.

9/21/2016 3:46:04 PM #25

Shouldn't be a limit during expo, it's the whole story building part! This is where we really get to see what we will be working with for the next 10 years.

Join Freeport County, we like boats. And dogs.

9/21/2016 6:20:06 PM #26

I'm going to hoard all my IP so I can get into Exposition sooner. Unless it keeps track of how much IP you have regardless of what you spend it on?

9/21/2016 6:53:50 PM #27

Posted By Selique at 11:20 AM - Wed Sep 21 2016

I'm going to hoard all my IP so I can get into Exposition sooner. Unless it keeps track of how much IP you have regardless of what you spend it on?

Your total earned IP is what decides expo, land selection, etc. If you spend your IP you do not lose your position in line.

9/21/2016 6:55:04 PM #28

i'll wait for the ip charts to settle myself :)

9/21/2016 7:12:56 PM #29

Posted By Caspian at 10:33 AM - Wed Sep 21 2016

Posted By Azeron at 01:13 AM - Wed Sep 21 2016

So we will be able to see at that time the Resources/Benefits of each Domain & Settlement via website selection? For example in this Domain there are precious resources (gold/silver etc) or this region is known for high quality stone etc.?

Precisely.

Don't read too much into the 12-15 month statement. That was a number I threw out to indicate there's a large lapse in time between KoE and Exposition and isn't based on a specific calculation. We just need enough time to:

a. Integrate KoE, ElyriaMUD, and Prologue into a Pre-Alpha client
b. Alpha Test and get feedback
c. Iterate on Pre-Alpha client
d. Implement the remaining features for Alpha 2 & Test
e. Spend a few months in beta hammering out any bugs
f. Spend some time in stress test.

It's customary to offer 'Collector's Editions' or even just Pre-Orders with early access - maybe 3-7 days. It's possible we'll award IP as part of our Collector's Edition, in which case, they need some way to spend the IP.

Alternatively, let's say someone buys a ton of IP the week before Exposition and then gets sick and can't spend it. Then they get to spend the next three months in Expo with IP they're not allowed to spend, only to have it convert to Story Points three months later.

Or, as others have suggested, let's say someone gets into Exposition, claims their plot of land, but then thinks up something cool they want to do, but unfortunately it requires more land. They'd want a way to buy more land.

This gives them the option to expand their boundaries once they get into the game and see what is/isn't possible with the resources they've purchased.

Or as another option, someone joins the Exposition as a gentry, goes off to find a nice plot of land and finds a County which nobody governs. They want to upgrade to a Count and claim that County. It would be silly of us not to give people a way to claim unclaimed domains up until Launch.

There's so many reasons to allow people to continue to buy/spend things from the online store during Exposition and the only real reason not to is 'I don't like the idea of people being able to spend more once they get into Exposition.'

If the point of Exposition is to flesh out the world for the larger audience, I can't see a reason to limit peoples' ability to do so until launch.

In terms of using the 12-15 months, it was precisely that. Using it as a very rough estimate. I realize it could be half that time or double that time, but seeing where things would fall IF it was accurate is interesting.

I believe I misinterpreted IP store. Players should definitely still be able to use their IP to buy things, my only concern is how long you're able to use cash to get additional IP. The reason I say that is primarily creating an IP war type situation where players scout the amount of war machines, armaments etc one location has and increases purely for an advantage.

That being said I do see the benefits as well, and perhaps it's worth the trade off.

9/21/2016 7:15:57 PM #30

I'm going to try holding onto the points until more things come available and then check my impulses when those limited time things pop in the IP store, and probably fail, then sob when something even cooler pops up right after I spent the last of my IP.